Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 11-07-2007, 11:08 AM   #1
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Memphis vs Seattle

Another loss or our first win? That is the question....

We go into this game tonight with no wins, but so do the Sonics. That obviously means that one of the teams is going away from this game with their first win. Seattle is lead by a kid just out of college, he has great talent, but will he be able to lead the Sonics past Pau and the Grizz? Obviously my point is biased and I want the Grizz to win, but from a non biased stand point, I feel that the Grizz will come away with their first win from this game.

Post your thoughts?
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:51 PM   #2
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Memphis vs Seattle

wilcox is going to be an unpleasent surprise for pau and darko, i have been watching the sonics games and the man has been beasting. durant is playing well and so is damien wilkins. the sonics are desperate for a win (well i guess the grizzlies are too), but i think the sonics could take this if the grizz dont play any defense again. neither team plays very good defense, both teams like to push the tempo, so i dont expect much D from either team actually.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:13 PM   #3
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah, this will most likely be a close, high scoring game. If the Grizzlies want to win they are going to have to play D and move the ball well, 2 things that they have been struggling with so far. Otherwise we will be going 0-3.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:37 PM   #4
poindexter
I hit open layups

poindexter has an OK reputation so far

And to think the Grizz almost got Durant if they had a little luck with a ping pong ball. Life is unfair and so is the NBA! He will be the ROY without a doubt this year.
poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:44 PM   #5
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

I predict Sonics win by 6 or 7. I think Durant will make Gay look gay. Well that's what my heart says anyway....mind says Pau and Darko will dominate inside. Hope my mind isn't functioning correctly
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:48 AM   #6
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

well i was right about wilcox, he beasted, but the grizz won. stro didnt play and i cannot figure out why, he wasnt suited up
Old 11-08-2007, 03:58 AM   #7
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Nice to see that three players made a double-double and Miller was also close to it. But defense is still a big problem. Hopefully they improve, because offensively the Grizzlies are a hammer.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:54 AM   #8
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

2-0 for the Grizz against the Sonics, this time an easy win. It seems also that the ball is going inside the paint much more than before, which is good for the team. A great Stro in offense and really good game for Pau in deffense. And all this without Darko, who was improving in the previous games. Hopefully things will continue this way, I'm feeling more optimistic. However, I still think Kinsey should be above Jacobsen in the rotation. The kid can do better than Casey.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:20 AM   #9
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Good game for Memphis, didn't see it so can't make much of a judgement but Memphis do need to pick up the pace a little, I don't in-game wise, I mean start winning, if we carry on like this we won't do much better than last year.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:32 PM   #10
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

http://origin.mercurynews.com/warrio...nclick_check=1

i love how they actually passed the ball in this game. look what happens when you share the ball.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:10 PM   #11
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
http://origin.mercurynews.com/warrio...nclick_check=1

i love how they actually passed the ball in this game. look what happens when you share the ball.
I don't know how the whole game went, but I seen the highlights and it seems that Swift was actually getting the ball when he was open under the basket, it's about f'ing time they started doing this and, like you said, look what happens when they pass the ball and not ball hog the whole game.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:36 PM   #12
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I don't know how the whole game went, but I seen the highlights and it seems that Swift was actually getting the ball when he was open under the basket, it's about f'ing time they started doing this and, like you said, look what happens when they pass the ball and not ball hog the whole game.

not only was swift getting it, hakim warrick got it to. i'm sure if darko played he woul dhave gotten the ball too. swift made some nice passes out of the paint to 3 point shooters too, so the passing went both ways. also, pau had that great pass to swift for a dunk, it was so well executed i couldnt believe it. if this type of passing continues this team will make progress.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:40 PM   #13
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
not only was swift getting it, hakim warrick got it to. i'm sure if darko played he woul dhave gotten the ball too. swift made some nice passes out of the paint to 3 point shooters too, so the passing went both ways. also, pau had that great pass to swift for a dunk, it was so well executed i couldnt believe it. if this type of passing continues this team will make progress.
Sounds like the team really clicked then last night. I hope this kind of play is kept up and then as an addition, throw Terance Kinsey in there and he can get the minutes he deserves.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:50 PM   #14
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Sounds like the team really clicked then last night. I hope this kind of play is kept up and then as an addition, throw Terance Kinsey in there and he can get the minutes he deserves.

i sure hope so, i actually had FUN watching a 07/08 grizzlies game!

whoa, i just noticed this new emoticon, its pretty cool, it looks like me when someone doesnt see swift under the basket
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: