Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-09-2007, 05:08 PM   #1
junior
I brick open layups

junior has decent reputation
Default Kenyon Martin or Tyrus Thomas

Should I drop Kenyon Martin and pickup Tyrus Thomas?

I've been holding on to Martin hoping he'll see more minutes as the season progresses; and with Nene injured those minutes might come sooner than later. Tyrus Thomas on the other hand just came off a pretty good game where he posted 2bs and 2st on top of his 19pt/14reb performance, but has also taken some heat for being inconsistent.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:11 PM   #2
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kenyon Martin or Tyrus Thomas

If you think you can wait on Tyrus until the Nuggets game tonight, you can see exactly what you would be getting from Kenyon.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:15 PM   #3
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

The thing about Kenyon is that he's a risk. He's not producing a whole lot as of this moment, is not able to play a lot of minutes, and doesn't play in back to back games. Also, there's always a chance that he'll have some kind of setbacks as Amare had in his first season back and still continues to have. Personally, i'd hold off on Kenyon, but if you're willing to wait it out, Kenyon could be the better player down the road. As for right now, Tyrus is the clear choice.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:15 PM   #4
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

"Kenyon Martin won't gain much after the Nuggets lost Nene for six weeks on Wednesday. Martin has been cleared to play in back-to-backs, so he will also play both Friday and Saturday, but Karl said he isn't "going to go crazy on the minutes", and he intends to keep Martin in the 20-minute range.

So much for increased value with Nene out. If you are hoping to see the old Kenyon Martin anytime soon, you'd better have some old Nets games on VHS. Martin might not consistently play 30 minutes at any point this season, and if you can trade him for anyone worth having, we recommend it."

I thought Martin's value was going up, but maybe not. Both players are going to be up and down. Thomas has more upside at this point, but no matter what Krazy Karl says, I think Martin has the room for more minutes.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:17 PM   #5
Wormser
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Wormser has an OK reputation so far

Thomas all the way. Kenyon isn't playing in back-to-back games and his minutes are limited. This restriction will be eased off over the next few months but just because Nene is out doesn't mean Kenyon is suddenly going to become a 30 mpg guy.

Najera will see the biggest boost in minutes while Nene is out.

Ty Thomas is up and down, yes, but his upside is higher than Kenyon's. He is younger, faster, a better leaper and will play more minutes. He is a legit help to you in rebounds, blocks and steals. I'd be all over him if I were you.
Wormser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 06:32 AM   #6
LakersFO
High School Varsity 6th Man

LakersFO has an OK reputation so far

Ive been asking myself this for about week now...

I put in a blind bid for Tyrus tonight(will find out sunday night). And i used Bonzi Wells as my alternate bid(2nd choice in case of hihger bid).

Tyrus will bounce of the walls at times. While Kmart works back into shape. I take the players working on his breakout year vs the comeback candidate.
LakersFO is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: