Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-16-2006, 11:13 PM   #1
martin2425
I Hit Open Layups

martin2425 has an OK reputation so far
Default Why not try this?

I know it's dumb to play Virtual GM for a variety of reasons; however I can't help but love this idea. Please let me know what you think.

To New York:
Kevin Garnett
Eddie Griffin

To Minnesota:
Eddy Curry
Jalen Rose
Second Round Pick

The salaries would be within league regulations and Marbury will be once again paired with the one player he had any success with. Minnesota gets a lot of salary cap relief with Rose and a good, yet underachieving PF/C with Curry. The second round pick is compensation for the sexually wierd, poor driving Eddie Griffin whose salary makes the deal work. I think this deal works for both teams. Perhaps just change the second to a first round, but a decent deal. What do you all think?
martin2425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 04:23 PM   #2
AndDru1
Can barely lace up my sneakers

AndDru1 has an OK reputation so far
Post Getting KG is always good but...

It would be better to keep Curry, and through some gaurds at Minny, ya'll have plenty of them.
AndDru1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 04:56 PM   #3
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin2425
I know it's dumb to play Virtual GM for a variety of reasons; however I can't help but love this idea. Please let me know what you think.

To New York:
Kevin Garnett
Eddie Griffin

To Minnesota:
Eddy Curry
Jalen Rose
Second Round Pick

The salaries would be within league regulations and Marbury will be once again paired with the one player he had any success with. Minnesota gets a lot of salary cap relief with Rose and a good, yet underachieving PF/C with Curry. The second round pick is compensation for the sexually wierd, poor driving Eddie Griffin whose salary makes the deal work. I think this deal works for both teams. Perhaps just change the second to a first round, but a decent deal. What do you all think?

I f I am Kevin Mchale, I would I do this deal? I need atleast one All- Start in return for KG. what U think?
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 06:13 PM   #4
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDru1
It would be better to keep Curry, and through some gaurds at Minny, ya'll have plenty of them.

Are you mentally retarded or intoxicated?
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 06:23 PM   #5
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

KnicksFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin2425

To New York:
Kevin Garnett
Eddie Griffin

To Minnesota:
Eddy Curry
Jalen Rose
Second Round Pick

As much as I would love for this too happen, it won't. C'mon lets be reasonable, KG for Curry and a bum? The pick for Griffin is good, we get a backup center and they get rid of him
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 07:43 PM   #6
jordan23

Default great

thats a great deal but it wont happen
Old 07-17-2006, 07:46 PM   #7
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

KnicksFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

I need to whore 1 more post to have 450 so I will post a smiley

KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:22 PM   #8
AndDru1

AndDru1 has an OK reputation so far
Default Are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Are you mentally retarded or intoxicated?

Curry plays center correct, the only other decent center you have is J James.

Why would you give up your starting center to get KG when you could give up Francis or Marbury or Crawford instead. It doesn't make since. Why not jrose, Francis and 2nd round pick, for KG and whoever else.

Whats with you people, its not like you don't have 20 million undersized SG's on your roster.
AndDru1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:11 PM   #9
knicks1973

knicks1973 has an OK reputation so far

you're completely forgetting the fact that eddy curry is absolutely untradeable right now. not one nba team would want him at this time. he has potential, but makes way too mch money, has a rep for being lazy and has a potentially fatal heart defect. the t-wolves are gonna trade one of the top five players in the league for that -- plus another overpaid guy (jalen rose)?
knicks1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:18 PM   #10
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDru1
Curry plays center correct, the only other decent center you have is J James.

Why would you give up your starting center to get KG when you could give up Francis or Marbury or Crawford instead. It doesn't make since. Why not jrose, Francis and 2nd round pick, for KG and whoever else.

Whats with you people, its not like you don't have 20 million undersized SG's on your roster.

cause it KG!!!!.
--------
Could somebody tell me why Minny would accept this trade?? I dont get it. What where you smoking when you thought of this trade?
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: