Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 11-10-2007, 06:33 PM   #1
la bomba
Local High School Star

Default whats happened to schortsianitis?

i think he is injured,but schortsianitis destroyed the u.s. with greece,just by pick and rolling with papaloukas and diamantidis.He looked a real potential but last season he was disappointing with Olympiakos and this year pretty much the same.are there any greek fans out there who can discuss?By the way as we are on the subject of greek centres,papadopoulos has been very poor for real madrid.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:18 AM   #2
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Default Re: whats happened to schortsianitis?

He was so fat at the beginning of the season that Gherson decided to take him out of the team until he is in shape. I don't know if he really played any minute all along the season, and if he is really injured now or not, but it seems he is not mentally mature enough to maintain himself in the BB elite, what is a real pity.
Regarding Papadopoulos, you are right, he is far from his best moments in Madrid. I watched him playing in the Eurobasket and he seemed to be a bit out of shape, but now it is even worse. He is producing a couple of brilliant moments each game, but seems lost most of the time. And his rebounding is being so bad. Hopefully during the season he will get used to the team and the way Plaza wants their centers to play, because Lazaros is a beast when he feels confident.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:12 AM   #3
la bomba
Local High School Star

He was great at dynamo when they won the ULEB and I thought it was a real coup for madrid to sign him.After seeing him play for Greece in the summer where he was poor I started to think that maybe he wasn't going to be that great a signing and now after a couple of months he is playing just like he was in the summer,horrible.As a Barca fan I hope it continues!haha though we have more problems with the totally inept Ilyasova and Vasquez!
Old 11-12-2007, 10:11 AM   #4
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Barça has a lot of things to worry about. Only Lakovic is really giving his best, while most of the others are contributing with almost anything. I think Barça basically made a wrong approach with their bigs. Kasun and Vazquez are a bust, only Marcotano is giving what he can. And they released Marc Gasol (Ivanovic didn't want him) who has improved a lot in Girona. Ilyasova is being a sad surprise for me, I expected much more from him. Releasing De la Fuente to get him could have been a big mistake. But I think he is a bet for the future and maybe just need time to get used to Ivanovic (not an easy thing, I guess) and the team. And I still want to see what Alex Acker can do, he is a pure scorer and having Lakovic along him he is not going to get so much shots. Anyway, Barça will be a contender until the end, as they were last year.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:42 PM   #5
la bomba
Local High School Star

Lakovic is having a fantastic season !he has benefited from Navarro's departure.I think Kasun is having an ok season he needs to be more consistant.I think Kasun has a lot to offer and is improving in every game.I also hope Aker returns to the way he was playing for Olympiakos at the start of last season.Trias is a total team player,very unerestimated in my opinion.I think they will be a contender for as long as Lakovic keeps hitting his shots!
Old 05-27-2008, 07:33 PM   #6
la bomba
Local High School Star

I have been watching the Greek finals,great atmosphere and claustrophobic basketball,great stuff!And finally sofo is back doing his thing.shame he didn't feature much in the euroleague due to injuries,talking of which,Macijaukas seems to be permanently injured!
Old 05-28-2008, 08:40 PM   #7
simasu01
Decent playground baller

I heard Macijauskas might not play in the Olympics. That would be a huge blow to us. Is Schortsianitis going to the NBA and will he play for Greece? I know some team has his rights, but will he ever go?
simasu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 02:11 PM   #8
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by simasu01
I heard Macijauskas might not play in the Olympics. That would be a huge blow to us. Is Schortsianitis going to the NBA and will he play for Greece? I know some team has his rights, but will he ever go?
He is not good enough for the nba yet. he is too fat. and he ain't that tall.I'd love to see him have a couple of years of consistant basketball.Macijauskas has been lost to injuries for what seems to be forever!Last time he had a decent run he was playing for TAU.worst thing he did,like many european players, was go to the NBA.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:31 PM   #9
simasu01
Decent playground baller

Yeah he warmed up the bench there, somewhat like Jorge Garbajosa and Sergio Rodriguez now. He wasted a lot of his basketball time there. Honestly,I think the last time I saw Macijauskas play for the national team was in 2003 Eurobasket when we got the gold. And I think he might have played in the 2004 Olympics. So 4 years of consisten injuries. Schortsianitis isn't even that good from when I saw him play for Greece, he'd be a good American Football player, but basketball he just overpowered most players, but he wasn't that skillful
Old 05-29-2008, 05:54 PM   #10
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Yeah he warmed up the bench there, somewhat like Jorge Garbajosa and Sergio Rodriguez now. He wasted a lot of his basketball time there. Honestly,I think the last time I saw Macijauskas play for the national team was in 2003 Eurobasket when we got the gold. And I think he might have played in the 2004 Olympics. So 4 years of consisten injuries. Schortsianitis isn't even that good from when I saw him play for Greece, he'd be a good American Football player, but basketball he just overpowered most players, but he wasn't that skillful
he totally destroyed the yanks with the pick and roll cause they don't know how to defend in numbers,not being used to do it,with all their ridiculous rules like defensive 3 secs and all that.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:58 PM   #11
simasu01
Decent playground baller

I'm hoping to see the yanks cry and be left without a medal. They thought bronze medals were dissapointments. Honestly, many teams in the Olympics can really beat them, and if at least 2 more Euro teams qualify, then I can't wait to see how it feels for them to be left with nothing. Maybe someone will buy some chocolate dollars to hang around their necks.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:24 AM   #12
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
I'm hoping to see the yanks cry and be left without a medal. They thought bronze medals were dissapointments. Honestly, many teams in the Olympics can really beat them, and if at least 2 more Euro teams qualify, then I can't wait to see how it feels for them to be left with nothing. Maybe someone will buy some chocolate dollars to hang around their necks.
I hope you are right.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:17 PM   #13
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

In the past with the Stephan Marbury's and Allen Iverson's, I rooted against team USA but this team seems like good guys and I hope they'll win. Even Kobe Bryant and Carmelo Anthony really don't bother me, the rape trial seemed bogus and if Melo likes to get high that's his business.

But I do think the quality is shifting awaith from the US and after this olympics, the US will have a difficult time.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:26 AM   #14
simasu01
Decent playground baller

I sort of agree with you, but I honestly hate Kobe's cocky ass. And I am just tired of seeing Americans thinking their better than the rest of the world at everything. The teams I'm definetly rooting against in the Olympics are russia, USA, China, and Greece if they make it. I'm hoping to see a European team win, obviously Lithuania, since I'm from there, but also others, except Greece. I wouldn't mind Argentina or Brazil either.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:16 AM   #15
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

He is now playing in the 2008 Beijing Olympics, and as far as i remember he was drafted by the Clippers in the 2004 NBA Draft.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: