Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 11-06-2007, 10:21 AM   #1
5 K!DD dribbles
j Fresh is baaack!

5 K!DD dribbles has an OK reputation so far
Default Deron Williams & Carlos Boozer make you forget about Stockton & Malone?

Or do they remind you of them? To me this is the league's new Stockton & Malone which is exciting. I used to love watch Stockton and Malone play back in the day and it's good the Jazz finally found an all-star caliber point guard to go along with an all-star forward along with great pieces to the puzzle. Ronnie Brewer, Ak47, Okur... this team is nice!
5 K!DD dribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:19 AM   #2
OlDeRaDo_64
Jazz Vs Bulls Oct 6 :D

OlDeRaDo_64 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Deron Williams & Carlos Boozer make you forget about Stockton & Malone?

I want around in the Malone/Stockton era but i think that these guys live up to them, they said themselves they will never be like Stockton or Malone nor do i think they will. But they are a good pair who have similar and diferent play styles.
OlDeRaDo_64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:09 PM   #3
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Deron Williams & Carlos Boozer make you forget about Stockton & Malone?

I think they both are enjoying the system set up in the Stockton/Malone era.

Williams has some of the same skills as Stockton, and enjoys a lot of the same benefits that Stock got from the pg/pf system. Same goes for Boozer, the PF spot in Utah has been the scoring one since I can remember. Pick and rolls designed for a guy with good court vision and a big body who can finish and jump shoot, thats the way it is here.

They still have a long way to go to get the nod, but I do think they benefit from the remnants of the oldies in the system.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:14 AM   #4
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

They might already be as good as them on the offensive end, but there's still miles to go on defense. Miles and miles.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:36 PM   #5
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretik32
They might already be as good as them on the offensive end, but there's still miles to go on defense. Miles and miles.

Good point. I have seen boozer start to learn the underhand swipe that got Karl numberless steals on David Robinson and the like. Williams does well on the ball, but Stockton's pestering and passing lane defense...."STOCKTON STEALS!!!" was one of the best things a man could hear.

Another thing they will need (especially Boozer) is to show they can play 82 games consecutive seasons. I worry about Boozer going down again. We could cover the injury with Milsap and AK, but it just wouldn't be the same.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:51 PM   #6
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

I think of them as quite different. They have their own way and style of doing things... They sometimes play the same as far as trying to run certain plays... and some other minor similarities.. But to me they are a new team, unlike Karl and John's teams.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 05:51 PM   #7
Cookkilla
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Cookkilla has an OK reputation so far

I dont know much about Karl and Stockton before they played the bulls...but did they go to the West Conference finals in just theyre second year together i dont think so....they're not better then the old duo just yet...but i think theyre on their way to even be better because The west is way better now then it was then and look at them now..i give them a couple of a couple of years when the spurs slow down deron would definately give sloan his first Championship...and im not that much of a Jazz fan..i just now a championship team when i see one...
Cookkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:45 PM   #8
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookkilla
I dont know much about Karl and Stockton before they played the bulls...but did they go to the West Conference finals in just theyre second year together i dont think so....they're not better then the old duo just yet...but i think theyre on their way to even be better because The west is way better now then it was then and look at them now..i give them a couple of a couple of years when the spurs slow down deron would definately give sloan his first Championship...and im not that much of a Jazz fan..i just now a championship team when i see one...

This would be one of those moments in sports that balances out a lot of what is wrong in the world.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:43 AM   #9
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookkilla
I dont know much about Karl and Stockton before they played the bulls...but did they go to the West Conference finals in just theyre second year together

Karl was a lot better than Boozer.

Karl and John were better as a tandem than boozer deron... but their teammates were not anywhwere near as good.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: