Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 11-05-2007, 01:25 AM   #1
LongBeachLakers
Local High School Star

LongBeachLakers has an OK reputation so far
Default Will the Heat retire shaq's number?

if they do, then shaq would be the only player in nba history to have his jersey retired by two teams.
LongBeachLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:24 AM   #2
sebac12
Can barely lace up my sneakers

sebac12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Will the Heat retire shaq's number?

that's wrong, Michael Jordan has his number 23 jersey retired by the Bulls (obviously) and the Miami Heat, as a personal tribute from Pat Riley
sebac12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:39 AM   #3
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They should retire shaq jersey he brought the first NBA title in miami.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:51 AM   #4
LongBeachLakers
Local High School Star

LongBeachLakers has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebac12
that's wrong, Michael Jordan has his number 23 jersey retired by the Bulls (obviously) and the Miami Heat, as a personal tribute from Pat Riley

that's pathetic.
LongBeachLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:09 AM   #5
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeachLakers
if they do, then shaq would be the only player in nba history to have his jersey retired by two teams.

: wrong. Shaq would not be the first...
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:54 AM   #6
Keebler
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Keebler has an OK reputation so far

In my opinion Miami will not retire Shaq's jersey. Yes he came in and helped bring our city its first NBA Championship but everyone know the finals run was all Wade. I know that Shaq opens up the floor but you cannot tell me that Wade was not the #1 contributor to that season and playoff run. I love Shaq and all for what he has done but I dont see the Heat retiring his number. I think when he goes into the hall of fame he will go in as a Laker because of the 3 Championships there and all the years he spent there, even if their not on great terms now.
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:27 PM   #7
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub

ZMonkey11 has decent reputationZMonkey11 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler
In my opinion Miami will not retire Shaq's jersey. Yes he came in and helped bring our city its first NBA Championship but everyone know the finals run was all Wade. I know that Shaq opens up the floor but you cannot tell me that Wade was not the #1 contributor to that season and playoff run. I love Shaq and all for what he has done but I dont see the Heat retiring his number. I think when he goes into the hall of fame he will go in as a Laker because of the 3 Championships there and all the years he spent there, even if their not on great terms now.

agreed.
ZMonkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:09 PM   #8
AI09
Serious playground baller

AI09 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler

idk if they shoulld retire his number but no way wade himself wouldve won the title himself dat season. No shaq no title dat season put it dat way
AI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:10 AM   #9
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

netdoc has an OK reputation so far

Shaq will retire as a Laker and his laker Jersey will be hung in the rafters with the other greats. It's a shame he couldn't stick it out with Kobe. A shame for them, shame for the team they left behind (or threw under the bus), shame for management for actually following through with the trade and bigger yet, a shame for the fans of NBA basketball because we witnessed greatness and quite possibly could have been the dynasty of the decade.

I do agree with the naysayers that Wade was a bigger part of bringing the championship to Miami than Shaq was. But I believe that Miami would have been equally strong (if not stronger) if they still had Caron and Lamar on the team.
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:39 PM   #10
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i don't see why not? he has one a championship with them and he has spent a quarter of his career with them so far. depending on when he retires probably more then a quarter.

people tend to get emotional and sentimental when the end comes. i could see them doing it.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:09 AM   #11
MasterDurant24
National High School Star

MasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected posterMasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected posterMasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by netdoc
Shaq will retire as a Laker and his laker Jersey will be hung in the rafters with the other greats. It's a shame he couldn't stick it out with Kobe. A shame for them, shame for the team they left behind (or threw under the bus), shame for management for actually following through with the trade and bigger yet, a shame for the fans of NBA basketball because we witnessed greatness and quite possibly could have been the dynasty of the decade.

I do agree with the naysayers that Wade was a bigger part of bringing the championship to Miami than Shaq was. But I believe that Miami would have been equally strong (if not stronger) if they still had Caron and Lamar on the team.,
I totally agree, if the Heat had Caron and Lamar, they would be just as strong or probably stronger.
MasterDurant24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: