Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-11-2007, 08:33 PM   #1
Coolaak
High school junior varsity star

Coolaak is starting to rub some people the wrong wayCoolaak is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Just traded arenas did i get decent value

hey guys... just wondering how i did, i traded hedo T. and U.haslem for Arenas s o i'm pretty sure that was a good deal... i got offered bosh for arenas and b.wallace, i really wanted to trade both of them arenas because of his knee problem and b.wallace because of his underacheaving on his bum ankle, plus s.blake who has been getting alot of assists was on waivers so i did the trade for bosh and picked up s.blake... how u guys think i did?
Coolaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:35 PM   #2
Coolaak

Coolaak is starting to rub some people the wrong wayCoolaak is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Just traded arenas did i get decent value

btw here is my team now

PG
Stephon Marbury
(NY - PG)
- - - - - - - - -
SG
Damien Wilkins
(Sea - SG,SF)
- - - - - - - - -
G
Keith Bogans
(Orl - SG,SF)
- - - - - - - - -
SF
Lamar Odom
(LAL - SF,PF)
- - - - - - - - -
PF
Theo Ratliff
(Min - PF,C)
- - - - - - - - -
F
Josh Smith
(Atl - SG,SF)
- - - - - - - - -
C
Pau Gasol
(Mem - PF,C)
- - - - - - - - -
Util
Jamal Crawford
(NY - SG)
- - - - - - - - -
Util
T.J. Ford
(Tor - PG)
- - - - - - - - -
BN
Stephen Jackson
(GS - SG,SF)
- - - - - - - - -
BN
Baron Davis
(GS - PG)
- - - - - - - - -
BN
Chris Bosh
(Tor - PF,C)
- - - - - - - - -
BN
Steve Blake
(Por - PG)
- - - - - - - - -
Old 11-11-2007, 08:40 PM   #3
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolaak
hey guys... just wondering how i did, i traded hedo T. and U.haslem for Arenas s o i'm pretty sure that was a good deal... i got offered bosh for arenas and b.wallace, i really wanted to trade both of them arenas because of his knee problem and b.wallace because of his underacheaving on his bum ankle, plus s.blake who has been getting alot of assists was on waivers so i did the trade for bosh and picked up s.blake... how u guys think i did?
Big mistake, Arenas will average 40 here on out.:
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:48 PM   #4
LakersFO
High School Varsity 6th Man

LakersFO has an OK reputation so far

I don't really like the deal. Because i think Arenas will turn it around.

Hedo and Haslem combined have better numbers than Arenas.

its a decent deal for you...remember haslem only plays well when Shaq is in. When hes not there imagine his numbers cut in half...lower fg% because of the pressure to score.

Normally when you trade a big name you want a name in return. I personally advocate numbers over names...so in a way your on top.

Let me approach this differently...Consistency. I want somebody with consistency in return for Arenas. Im not sure Hedo will be consistent. Look at last nights game. NBA's top 30 players are there because of consistency. Everybody has talent. The real issue is who can maintain it...

You probably used Hedo's young seasons avg to evaluate the trade. Great numbers by the way.
LakersFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:48 PM   #5
LakersFO
High School Varsity 6th Man

LakersFO has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Big mistake, Arenas will average 40 here on out.:

Screw forty...make it FIFTY
LakersFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 11:39 PM   #6
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Arenas + FA Pickup >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Haslem + Turkoglu
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 11:42 PM   #7
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

On the contrary, Arenas/Ben >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bosh/pick-up

Ridiculously smart first move that should've been vetoed, ridiculously stupid second move that should've been vetoed as well.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 11:44 PM   #8
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I think he ended up with Bosh and Blake. He started with Haslem and Turk.

You robbed the guy blind in the Arenas deal when you got him...then you got robbed when you dealt him for Bosh.

You dealt Haslem, Hedo and Ben Wallace for Bosh and Blake essentially. To be honest, I am not sure I even like the end result. But giving away Arenas AND BWall for Bosh is very bad, regardless of how BWall is playing now.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 11:48 PM   #9
Coolaak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I think he ended up with Bosh and Blake. He started with Haslem and Turk.

You robbed the guy blind in the Arenas deal when you got him...then you got robbed when you dealt him for Bosh.

You dealt Haslem, Hedo and Ben Wallace for Bosh and Blake essentially. To be honest, I am not sure I even like the end result. But giving away Arenas AND BWall for Bosh is very bad, regardless of how BWall is playing now.

i know there paying b.wallace a fton of money but he looks so lost out there and obv his ankle is not even close to 100%... and arenas is playing pretty bad right now and i dont like the fact that he has to get his knee drained so it doens't feel " 5 pounds heavier"

and it doens't look like with the way s.blake is playing that he is going to move outta the starting pos.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:56 PM   #10
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's pretty much Turk/Haslem/Ben for Bosh/Blake/FA

Not too bad, depending who the pick-up is.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:03 AM   #11
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

I misunderstood which team got which players. Decent trade. Not spectacular. But decent trade. Maybe next time I'll read the entire post. I was distracted by the replay of the Gator basketball game.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:09 AM   #12
Pootytang907
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Pootytang907 has an OK reputation so far

I definitely wouldn't have let arenas go, at least not for Bosh. I'm definitely holding out for him to pick his game up.
Pootytang907 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: