Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2006, 10:08 AM   #1
Internet sucks
Banned
 
Internet sucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1
Default Mitch Kupchak is a genius. Lakers have a great team.

Okay, let's analyze the Lakers roster.

PG

Smush Parker - Not the greatest player in the world but he's young, he's only 24 years old. He will improve because he's got all the good tools. He can score and he does that well. His weakness is defense and playmaking but he's a decent player.
Shammond Williams gives us scoring and some defense while Jordan Farmar is a tremeendous playmaker who"ll be able to offer us with some of his natural leadership right from the start.
The most underrated player here is Shammond. He's really a good player. I watched him with Barcelona and dude can flat out play. He's good.
All in all, the PG position is going to be much better than last year.
Smush is decent but now we also have 2 solid PG's. Good job Mitch.

SG

The best player on the planet, you all know who he is. Need I say more? No, I don't.
His backup Sasha Vujacic is also a nice young player who will improve.
He has a great charachter and a good shooting stroke. I expect him to be more consistant with his shooting this year.

SF

Lamar. Lamar showed how great he is in the playoffs and at the end of the regular season. Sure, he has some flaws but expect him to play much better with one year of triangle under his belt.
His backups Maurice Evans and Luke Walton are also decent player.
Luke is a very smart guy while Evans is also smart but athletic as well. Evans can D up and shoot the three.

PF

Vlad Rad. He's a great shooter and will give us a good 2nd/3rd option. Off the bench we have Cook and Turiaf.
Expect Turiaf to improve next year

C

Kwame will also improve. He's young and he has one of the the best combinations of power and athleticism in the whole NBA.
I expect him to average 11/7 next season.
Mihm as a backup will be great and then there's also young Bynum.

All in all folks, we're in good hands. We have some great young talent and some proven players. Under Phil, everyone will thrive in their roles.
We're much improved since last year. Go Lakers!!
Internet sucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:29 AM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
SoCalMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 23,361
Default

Most "experts" do not quite agree with you... but, as a Laker fan, I only hope you are correct.

And, I would never call Cupcake a genious!

haha
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:04 AM   #3
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman
 
bleedinpurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC & Phoenix
Posts: 1,982
Default

he's no genious, but I believe he has done an OK job, including the much maligned Shaq trade.
I disagree with that line-up though.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 02:01 PM   #4
Greg Anthony
I airball my layups
 
Greg Anthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dothan,Al
Posts: 54
Default

Kupchak is a solid Gm but he could have did better with the shaq trade mark cuban offered a sign and trade to send finley,nash and antwoine walker to the lakers that offseason but kupchak wanted to send him away from the western confrence, but when you think about shaq's skill have declined so much he would have not even hurt us.

Nash
Bryant
Finley
Walker
Mihm

can ya'll say best backcourt ever
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 02:15 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,934
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Anthony
Kupchak is a solid Gm but he could have did better with the shaq trade mark cuban offered a sign and trade to send finley,nash and antwoine walker to the lakers that offseason but kupchak wanted to send him away from the western confrence, but when you think about shaq's skill have declined so much he would have not even hurt us.

Nash
Bryant
Finley
Walker
Mihm

can ya'll say best backcourt ever

If what you just said over here is true then I really would have to call Mitch an idiot for passing up nash. forget the other guys but honestly as much as I despise nash, him and Kobe would have coexisted better than Kobe and shaq.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 02:17 PM   #6
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman
 
bleedinpurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC & Phoenix
Posts: 1,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Anthony
Kupchak is a solid Gm but he could have did better with the shaq trade mark cuban offered a sign and trade to send finley,nash and antwoine walker to the lakers that offseason but kupchak wanted to send him away from the western confrence, but when you think about shaq's skill have declined so much he would have not even hurt us.

Nash
Bryant
Finley
Walker
Mihm

can ya'll say best backcourt ever

Then we would need Phoenix's coach too...'cause that system is why Nash is MVP.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 02:19 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,934
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
Then we would need Phoenix's coach too...'cause that system is why Nash is MVP.

Well D'antoni is not the only one with that system. what about byronn scott he made the nets a running team (until backstabber J kidd threw him out)
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:11 PM   #8
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman
 
bleedinpurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC & Phoenix
Posts: 1,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Well D'antoni is not the only one with that system. what about byronn scott he made the nets a running team (until backstabber J kidd threw him out)

the point is...that the triangle will not suit Nash's creative abilities.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:28 PM   #9
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star
 
dblockallstars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Anthony
Kupchak is a solid Gm but he could have did better with the shaq trade mark cuban offered a sign and trade to send finley,nash and antwoine walker to the lakers that offseason but kupchak wanted to send him away from the western confrence, but when you think about shaq's skill have declined so much he would have not even hurt us.

Nash
Bryant
Finley
Walker
Mihm

can ya'll say best backcourt ever


That's a lot of talent but it looks like it would be a really soft team but everybody except Bryant has had their toughness and/or defensive intensity questioned........but that's defnintely better than the Odom, Grant, Farmar, Brown we got for Shaq so
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 05:50 PM   #10
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
SoCalMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 23,361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
the point is...that the triangle will not suit Nash's creative abilities.

I don't belive that to be true. One of the offensive philosophies regarding the triangle is the flow of the ball from player to player. I think Nash would excel in that system and be able to create a lot of movement because he's an intelligent player. His willingness to move the ball around is infectious, so I think he would be great in any system.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 06:23 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,934
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I don't belive that to be true. One of the offensive philosophies regarding the triangle is the flow of the ball from player to player. I think Nash would excel in that system and be able to create a lot of movement because he's an intelligent player. His willingness to move the ball around is infectious, so I think he would be great in any system.

But because the way the system is run he would probably have a little less assists per game
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:30 PM   #12
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet sucks
Okay, let's analyze the Lakers roster.

PG

Smush Parker - Not the greatest player in the world but he's young, he's only 24 years old. He will improve because he's got all the good tools. He can score and he does that well. His weakness is defense and playmaking but he's a decent player.
Shammond Williams gives us scoring and some defense while Jordan Farmar is a tremeendous playmaker who"ll be able to offer us with some of his natural leadership right from the start.
The most underrated player here is Shammond. He's really a good player. I watched him with Barcelona and dude can flat out play. He's good.
All in all, the PG position is going to be much better than last year.
Smush is decent but now we also have 2 solid PG's. Good job Mitch.

SG

The best player on the planet, you all know who he is. Need I say more? No, I don't.
His backup Sasha Vujacic is also a nice young player who will improve.
He has a great charachter and a good shooting stroke. I expect him to be more consistant with his shooting this year.

SF

Lamar. Lamar showed how great he is in the playoffs and at the end of the regular season. Sure, he has some flaws but expect him to play much better with one year of triangle under his belt.
His backups Maurice Evans and Luke Walton are also decent player.
Luke is a very smart guy while Evans is also smart but athletic as well. Evans can D up and shoot the three.

PF

Vlad Rad. He's a great shooter and will give us a good 2nd/3rd option. Off the bench we have Cook and Turiaf.
Expect Turiaf to improve next year

C

Kwame will also improve. He's young and he has one of the the best combinations of power and athleticism in the whole NBA.
I expect him to average 11/7 next season.
Mihm as a backup will be great and then there's also young Bynum.

All in all folks, we're in good hands. We have some great young talent and some proven players. Under Phil, everyone will thrive in their roles.
We're much improved since last year. Go Lakers!!

Yes. The lakers do have a great team this year. I do want to state, however, that you may have made a couple of mistakes in regards to roster order. Firstly, Maurice Evans is going to be backup to Bryant, Walton backup to Radmanivic, Turiaf backup to Odom, and Bynum backup to brown.

With that said, I think our core three of Bryant, Odom, and Radmanovic is formidable, to say the least. Furthermore, I expect a huge improvement from Kwame Brown this year, and a substantial improvement in Smush this season too. Expect Kwame to be a 14 point, 8 rebound guy this year, and Smush to be a 13 point, 6 assist guy.

Depending on the development of Bynum and Turiaf this year, this team could be contenders this year. The theme for this years team should be "redemption." When I look at that roster, I look at a group of guys that have all been through some serious **** in their career (Kobe's fall from grace because of the rape case, Smush's eternal struggle to get into the league, Kwame as a laughing stock of the league, Lamar Odoms lost son, Turiafs heart surgery, and I'm sure more stories I don't know of).

Call it a hunch, but this could be the year of redemption of Kobe & company.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:48 PM   #13
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star
 
dblockallstars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
Yes. The lakers do have a great team this year. I do want to state, however, that you may have made a couple of mistakes in regards to roster order. Firstly, Maurice Evans is going to be backup to Bryant, Walton backup to Radmanivic, Turiaf backup to Odom, and Bynum backup to brown.

With that said, I think our core three of Bryant, Odom, and Radmanovic is formidable, to say the least. Furthermore, I expect a huge improvement from Kwame Brown this year, and a substantial improvement in Smush this season too. Expect Kwame to be a 14 point, 8 rebound guy this year, and Smush to be a 13 point, 6 assist guy.

Depending on the development of Bynum and Turiaf this year, this team could be contenders this year. The theme for this years team should be "redemption." When I look at that roster, I look at a group of guys that have all been through some serious **** in their career (Kobe's fall from grace because of the rape case, Smush's eternal struggle to get into the league, Kwame as a laughing stock of the league, Lamar Odoms lost son, Turiafs heart surgery, and I'm sure more stories I don't know of).

Call it a hunch, but this could be the year of redemption of Kobe & company.

Y didn't u mention Mihm at all in this... he's like our best center offensively and defensively and it doesn't look like he's getting traded b4 this season...
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:06 PM   #14
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman
 
bleedinpurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC & Phoenix
Posts: 1,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I don't belive that to be true. One of the offensive philosophies regarding the triangle is the flow of the ball from player to player. I think Nash would excel in that system and be able to create a lot of movement because he's an intelligent player. His willingness to move the ball around is infectious, so I think he would be great in any system.

sure, as far as the triangle goes, Nash would be fine. he would make good decisions, move the ball, etc.. but that's not what made him great. a free-flow offense, drive & dish with great spot-up shooters, fastbreak creativity, etc.
Don't get me wrong, I would love to have him...triangle or no triangle.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:53 PM   #15
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 253
Default Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
Y didn't u mention Mihm at all in this... he's like our best center offensively and defensively and it doesn't look like he's getting traded b4 this season...
Kwame is a much better defender when it comes to playing a player one on one in the post. Last year there was times he got caught with Nash off a pick and roll and did a good job considering who he was covering, he moved his feet real well. Kwame matches up defensivley better than Mihm with players like Duncan, Garnett and so on. I do think the depth of Brown,Mihm And Bynum will help a great deal considering injuries and foul trouble. The fact is are team has come along way since the Shaq trade and Kupcapes should be given alot of credit for his fine tuning of the team. Remember he traded Old Payton for Mihm and Marcus Banks,if that trade would of worked out that would of been a great trade for the lakeshow. Just Mihm himself holds much more value than Payton right now,so it was still a great trade. (I cant remember who else the Lkakers included in that deal.)
Ryansrams is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:34 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy