Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-25-2006, 10:27 AM   #1
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Devean George to the Mavs?

So, there ya go... the vet's minimum... he will probably do well for that team off the bench.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:05 AM   #2
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

like I've been saying...the vets minimum.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 02:18 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Goddamnit even WE could have kept him for the vets minimum.

Thats BS im mad now. He took a major ass paycut.

instead we add anither pg. wtf
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 02:29 PM   #4
marny_navis
Banned

I hate him going to Dallas. I think he will be a good asset for them coming off the bench, and will help replace Marquis Daniels. I wish we could have signed him for the minimum. He would be very valuable in trade scenarios for us and could have helped us add the final piece. Now, if it was a sign an trade for, say, newly acquired PG Anthony Johnson. I think he would fit in well in our triangle offense. Oh well.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:14 PM   #5
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

he wasn't all that! he was clankin the rim. we are starting VladRad with Luke as backup. DGeorge needed to move on and we needed backcourt help (and still do).
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:05 PM   #6
bigdog13
High School JV MVP

Default waive 3 people

Currently under contracts are 16 people with Von Wafer awaiting to see if the Team option will be exercised. Therefore in order to sign an additional minimum player, I beleive but I may be wrong, that the Lakers would have to release 3 players (assume including Von Wafer) before signing an additional player.

The Raptors had to release a player before attempting to sign John Salmons.
bigdog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:21 PM   #7
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

Dgeorge is pretty much a Maurice Evans that knows the triangle so I think it's ok to let him go... I definitely thought he would have comanded more $$ though...
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:26 PM   #8
mr. crossover
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I DONT THINK WE TOOK A LOSS BY LETTING DEVEAN GEORGE GO TO THE MAV'S. PHIL DID NOT CARE TO MUCH ABOUT HIM, I CAN'T THINK OF ANY GAME CHANGING MOMENT HE HAD WITH THE LAKERS,HIGH TURNOVER RATIO,
NOT TOO DEPENDABLE IN BIG GAME SITUATIONS. AND HE'S STILL GETTING PAID TOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mr. crossover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 05:52 PM   #9
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:

We should have kept him at the vets minimum.... he knows the triangle, plays fair defence and would have been helpful for team depth. I think it a Cupcake blunder. $1.1 mil in this league is just too cheap to let him go. Geez, we have McKee for more than twice that!
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 06:21 PM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. crossover
I DONT THINK WE TOOK A LOSS BY LETTING DEVEAN GEORGE GO TO THE MAV'S. PHIL DID NOT CARE TO MUCH ABOUT HIM, I CAN'T THINK OF ANY GAME CHANGING MOMENT HE HAD WITH THE LAKERS,HIGH TURNOVER RATIO,
NOT TOO DEPENDABLE IN BIG GAME SITUATIONS. AND HE'S STILL GETTING PAID TOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding me man he was a phil favorite. He is one of those valued players to phil like ron harper and steve kerr and Brian Shaw. I can definitely see george working with phil in the future.

It's a shame to watch him leave. I mean you have some clowns on insidehoops claiming he has no value but honestly I think Devean probably just got bored of Being here. He will play well as a maverick.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:04 AM   #11
mr. crossover
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I NEVER KNEW HIM AS BEING HIS FAVORITE??? DURING HIS TIME HERE WITH THE LAKERS WAS QUESTIONED BY PHIL ON HIM STEPPING HIS GAME UP. I CAN RECALL A COUPLE OF TIMES PHIL STATED THIS IN THE NEWS PAPERS. AND TO PUT THIS GUY IN THE RANKS OF RON HARPER AND STEVE KERR IS WRONG YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!!!!!! LOL

PEACE,
FREAK
mr. crossover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:33 AM   #12
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

Quote:
I NEVER KNEW HIM AS BEING HIS FAVORITE??? DURING HIS TIME HERE WITH THE LAKERS WAS QUESTIONED BY PHIL ON HIM STEPPING HIS GAME UP. I CAN RECALL A COUPLE OF TIMES PHIL STATED THIS IN THE NEWS PAPERS. AND TO PUT THIS GUY IN THE RANKS OF RON HARPER AND STEVE KERR IS WRONG YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!!!!!! LOL

PEACE,
FREAK

phil loved him, i agree with laker freak. phil's the reason he got big money when they first signed him for an extension when no other team would've given him more than the vets minimum. and do you really have to post in caps? :)
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:57 AM   #13
qwerty
(o_0)

Quote:

PEACE,
FREAK

You need to stop typing in caps.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 05:38 AM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Mr. crossover,

I think the reason george's game hadn't stepped up because more and more he seemed to be a disgruntled player.

Its what happens when u go from a bunch of winning seasons and finals apperances to a team starting over.

Not to say lakers suck because I know we can be very great next year.

But the thing with george was it was so easy to get his confidence down. If you read "the last season". by phil jackson he was talking about george in one part. George was having a superb season until he played against the Atlanta hawks where in the end of the game he got blocked By David Wesley.

Phil was saying it was unnacceptable and the next game he didnt play george until the last 20 secs of the game and Phil told george "i hope you understood the message" or something like that.

Since that time george's confidence went down. but if you think of what he has done before hand, then dont be surprised if he contributes on both ends to this dallas mavericks team.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:49 AM   #15
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Mr. crossover,

I think the reason george's game hadn't stepped up because more and more he seemed to be a disgruntled player.

Its what happens when u go from a bunch of winning seasons and finals apperances to a team starting over.

Not to say lakers suck because I know we can be very great next year.

But the thing with george was it was so easy to get his confidence down. If you read "the last season". by phil jackson he was talking about george in one part. George was having a superb season until he played against the Atlanta hawks where in the end of the game he got blocked By David Wesley.

Phil was saying it was unnacceptable and the next game he didnt play george until the last 20 secs of the game and Phil told george "i hope you understood the message" or something like that.

Since that time george's confidence went down. but if you think of what he has done before hand, then dont be surprised if he contributes on both ends to this dallas mavericks team.

I never knew David Wesley played for the Hawks
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: