Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 11-12-2007, 10:14 AM   #1
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Beno starting?

Is he going to be the starter until the Kings come back?
SCREWstonRockets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:48 PM   #2
DEBORAH
I brick open layups

DEBORAH has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation Re: Beno starting?

Garcia will start ( according) to what the coach said ( Sacramento Bee), but Beno will be having big minutes.

If we can defeat Utah that would be neat and then we have ARTEST back on Wed.
DEBORAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:55 PM   #3
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Beno starting?

Garcia/Martin/Salmons back court has played well defensively the past few games, and I'd like to see that lineup continue with Artest moving to the 4 spot, and Beno comming off the bench to provide a spark.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:46 PM   #4
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

: We had such a crowd at PF already (SAR, k9, Moore, Hawes, Williams) and now, none of them get to start.

EDIT: I stand corrected. BM might of lost the starting job to SAR. I can't see why though after his 16 rebound effort.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:48 AM   #5
yegorr
Can barely lace up my sneakers

yegorr has an OK reputation so far

Hey guys, i am new to forum, have been Kings fan since around end of 2000 but honestly i dont know about this squad, especialy Miki Moore, the gay cannot play, misses 3 foot jumpers and layups, can't rebound accordingly to his size(7"0) it might be a long season, i will however give Beno a bit more time to adjust and then we will see, he might be good for us!
yegorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:27 AM   #6
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Admiral has an OK reputation so far

welcome to the board! yeah mikki moore has the ability to have a good game every night, but he is SO inconsistent. we WAY overpaid him, but hopefully he will be a better role player when artest is back.

i agree beno should get more minutes, if for no other reason than he is a good facilitator...i don't mind if he doesn't try to score or anything, but he sees the floor better than everyone else and from what i saw with him in SA and the last 2 games, is not very mistake prone, which is huge for us.
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:26 AM   #7
Kings_Alex
Sugar K

Kings_Alex has an OK reputation so far

Mikki Moore needs a distributor. From what I've seen, he's been shooting 1 on 1 against a team. He needs a Jason Kidd teammate, and the Kings are definitely not the team that best suits him. It was a bad choice signing him, we did not need Mikki, we coulda used that money and sign someone else. Well... It's only been 6 games? I can only hope that he begins to adjust once the full team is together and player.

btw, i was hoping earl boykins was going to be a king =)
Kings_Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:51 PM   #8
Admiral
Good High School Starter

heh, i think everyone wouldn't have minded boykins ;) yeah i didn't really get the signing when we have like 48 people at PF and drafted a big guy...it kinda made me think maybe they weren't going to rush getting rid of bibby?

i dunno, but beno seems to be a damn smart player and the rest of the team is still gonna need some time to gel once bibby and artest are back too, so look for some more disappointment/losses until we can get some chemistry together with our team as a whole
Old 11-17-2007, 03:33 PM   #9
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

kind of scary as to why SA waived this guy...he is good imo. He will have a good season with us..Just wished he would be more of a pass first floor general PG we need on the squad
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 05:29 AM   #10
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
kind of scary as to why SA waived this guy...he is good imo. He will have a good season with us..Just wished he would be more of a pass first floor general PG we need on the squad

i could be very very wrong, but my gut feeling is that bibby or artest will be moved by the all-star break and in either situation i think beno will receive minutes. he won't ever be an all-star type PG, but he definitely has the smarts to be a 6th man back up type player...he sees the floor very well, can score if needed, but prefers the pass, etc. i was kinda sad to see orion go at least because that makes us slightly weaker at the G positions, even though he wasn't getting very quality minutes...
Old 11-18-2007, 02:06 PM   #11
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral
i could be very very wrong, but my gut feeling is that bibby or artest will be moved by the all-star break and in either situation i think beno will receive minutes. he won't ever be an all-star type PG, but he definitely has the smarts to be a 6th man back up type player...he sees the floor very well, can score if needed, but prefers the pass, etc. i was kinda sad to see orion go at least because that makes us slightly weaker at the G positions, even though he wasn't getting very quality minutes...

There are talks with Miami of trading both Bibby and/or Artest with us getting back JWill or Ricky Davis.

With Beno, he's a good floor general and knows how to move the ball. But he should not try to create shots for himself, he seems to have sudden urges to force up a bad shot every once in a while. If he just took open jumpers and passed the rock, he'd be awesome.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:00 AM   #12
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Seeing Beno put 27pts on his former team and winning. I bet the Spurs hadn't traded him now. I know its just one game but if he keeps playing like that I think its a strong possibilty that Mike Bibby's days in a Kings uniform could be numbered.

So far his season average is 14.5ppgs 4.4apg 93% FT 45.7FG in 6 games started.

Last edited by idizzle : 11-28-2007 at 11:07 AM.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 02:43 AM   #13
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He needs to start passing the ball more, we don't need another scorer!
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:08 PM   #14
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

He might assist might not be mind blowing but he's coming along well with the Kings. I thought that Quincy Dobuy would be in control of PG duty but Udrih has come in their and handled it. The Kings would be crazy to let him go after the season the over. I really feel Mike Bibby days in purple and black are numbered.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: