Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-12-2007, 05:46 PM   #1
Pootytang907
Saw a basketball once

Default Vince Carter out Indefinitely

Not sure how many of you know this but I just read that Carter is out indefinitely with a grade 1 sprain to his leg after falling on Paul Pierce in the Celtics game on Saturday night. Will people with Carter on their team be looking to dump him? I'm hoping so, in case I can make a sweet deal for him. Any guesses on how long he may be out?
Pootytang907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:52 PM   #2
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Default Re: Vince Carter out Indefinitely

I'm guessing he misses this week's 4 games. Someone mentioned it sounded more like day-to-day, but there's no point in rushing him back in the middle of a busy week just to aggrivate it. I'd guess one week minimum, two weeks max.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:00 PM   #3
Pootytang907
Saw a basketball once

Oh, ok. The article I read made it seem alot worse than that. Ignore then. Apologies.
Pootytang907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:30 PM   #4
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

No, it was good you put it out there. One article's interpretation might be more or less exaggerated than another. It was a good idea to make people aware of it.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:27 AM   #5
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Im guessing Carter is out atleast two weeks..and that hurts me considering I already have Bibby sitting injured on my bench!
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:17 PM   #6
vood002
Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Im guessing Carter is out atleast two weeks..and that hurts me considering I already have Bibby sitting injured on my bench!

The word "indefinately" is scary, but i think 2 weeks sounds realistic since the injury didnt sound too bad--hopefully they will let us know soon.

I just have to vent...Drafted Carter #21 overall and Foye #60 overall, to go with my Artest and a draft of Elton Brand in the 9th (we have one IL spot in my h2h league). Also took Raja Bell in the 10th although I dropped him before he got hurt. I guess I'm just doomed this year.
vood002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:45 PM   #7
LakersFO
Dunking on everybody in the park

1.5 weeks plus all the weeks where he reaggravates his ankle. Exploding to the hole, dunking, blks, slashing, cuts, all moves will be limited. Maybe this is what he needs to reign his game in. VC plays wildly at times.

I still have my nike white UNC jersey. I love that jersery.
LakersFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:51 PM   #8
vood002
Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersFO
1.5 weeks plus all the weeks where he reaggravates his ankle. Exploding to the hole, dunking, blks, slashing, cuts, all moves will be limited. Maybe this is what he needs to reign his game in. VC plays wildly at times.

I still have my nike white UNC jersey. I love that jersery.

I agree with you that his style of play yields injuries...but the same can be said about a lot of guys. Fortunately, his last two years he played 79 and an 82 games... hopefully he gets back into that kind of consistency after this one.

I'm not a huge VC fan honestly...he seems to take too many jumpshots instead of exploding into the hole like he used to. Still one hell of a nba & fantasy player though.

EDIT:

Just noticed this encouraging statement:

Quote:
A Monday MRI revealed a Grade 1 sprain of Vince Carter's right ankle, an injury suffered on Saturday night. Although no timetable has been set for a return, a Grade 1 sprain is not considered as serious as the injury was originally feared to be. Carter had treatments on the ankle on Sunday in an effort to reduce swelling and discomfort and, according to the New York Post, was labeled doubtful for Monday's game once the team trainers got their first good look at it. VC's fantasy owners can breathe a sigh of relief that the injury wasn't a major one, but should still be prepared for Carter to sit a few games neither the Nets nor Carter will want to risk anything in the long-term. Antoine Wright has been playing very well and will move into the starting lineup for as long as VC is sidelined.

Last edited by vood002 : 11-13-2007 at 03:00 PM.
vood002 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: