Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-13-2007, 11:07 AM   #1
MakeMeSomeFoodHo
Banned

Default Trade help...Kevin Durant for Zach Randolph

I have Durant, Im looking to upgrade on some rebounds and FG%. Is this a good trade or should I hold on to Durant? Here is my team

Nash
Camby
Martin
Durant
Cassell
Garcia
Bargnani
Gay
Ronnie Brewer
Darko
Yi
Barbosa
Randy Foye is on ice
MakeMeSomeFoodHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:19 AM   #2
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Default Re: Trade help...Kevin Durant for Zach Randolph

I would do it..especially if you need more rebounding..Zach's been tearing it up this year..but keep in mind your going to lose a bit in stl 3's and pts..
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:28 AM   #3
MakeMeSomeFoodHo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
I would do it..especially if you need more rebounding..Zach's been tearing it up this year..but keep in mind your going to lose a bit in stl 3's and pts..
I know, do you think Ill still be good on 3's and steals with guys like Nash, Brewer(who has been a steal machine), Bargnani, Barbosa and Kev Martin?
Old 11-13-2007, 11:36 AM   #4
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMeSomeFoodHo
I know, do you think Ill still be good on 3's and steals with guys like Nash, Brewer(who has been a steal machine), Bargnani, Barbosa and Kev Martin?
Yep..I think you'll be fine in both categories and even better when Foye gets back..
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:37 AM   #5
RapsFan
Good college starter

I think you can get more then Zach, I say don't do it. If you're dealing Durant, you should at least get a traditional big. Zach doesn't get you any blocks and his FG% isn't even that great.
I think you'll be fine in 3's, however you have a couple of marginal guys like Cassell, Garcia and Yi...even Darko.

I would look to expand it. Give up Durant with one of those other guys. Maybe to the Randolf owner but also get an upgrade over one of those guys in the deal. Maybe just a 2 for 1. Sometimes in fantasy, phychologically they might prefer to see Durant coming their way, instead of Durant and Garcia...if that makes sense (because they will downgrade the deal because Garcia is 'a waiver play who is an injury filler', regardless of his value).
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:55 AM   #6
MakeMeSomeFoodHo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I think you can get more then Zach, I say don't do it. If you're dealing Durant, you should at least get a traditional big. Zach doesn't get you any blocks and his FG% isn't even that great.
I think you'll be fine in 3's, however you have a couple of marginal guys like Cassell, Garcia and Yi...even Darko.

I would look to expand it. Give up Durant with one of those other guys. Maybe to the Randolf owner but also get an upgrade over one of those guys in the deal. Maybe just a 2 for 1. Sometimes in fantasy, phychologically they might prefer to see Durant coming their way, instead of Durant and Garcia...if that makes sense (because they will downgrade the deal because Garcia is 'a waiver play who is an injury filler', regardless of his value).
I just offered Durant and Darko for Boozer...is that good for both parties?
Old 11-13-2007, 12:53 PM   #7
RapsFan
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMeSomeFoodHo
I just offered Durant and Darko for Boozer...is that good for both parties?

Still no blocks, in fact you're losing even more. But, Boozer gives you huge FG% help. I would have liked to see you upgrade Yi/Garcia before Darko however.

You will be hurting in blocks. So, either decide to dump them and then deal camby, or try and acquire more with camby.

Boozer is better then Randolf due to FG%, but I am not sure if it's THAT big an upgrade to warrant tossing in Darko and his blocks. If it was Durant/Garcia I would have been happier.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:05 PM   #8
MakeMeSomeFoodHo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Still no blocks, in fact you're losing even more. But, Boozer gives you huge FG% help. I would have liked to see you upgrade Yi/Garcia before Darko however.

You will be hurting in blocks. So, either decide to dump them and then deal camby, or try and acquire more with camby.

Boozer is better then Randolf due to FG%, but I am not sure if it's THAT big an upgrade to warrant tossing in Darko and his blocks. If it was Durant/Garcia I would have been happier.
youre right, I just canceled the trade. Im going to see if he'll do Durant for Boozer straight up. He really needs 3's and steals and those are 2 of my strengths.

You dont think Yi has value? He's been playing pretty well and as long as he is getting minutes, I think he'll improve...besides, after Redd Milwakee doesnt have much
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: