Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-13-2007, 12:03 PM   #1
SRZ66
Local High School Star

Default Boozer for Amare

I have Boozer, someone offered me amare for him, what do you think?
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:11 PM   #2
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Default Re: Boozer for Amare

Do you need blocks?

If not, then I'd keep Boozer. He's actually less of a health risk than Amare right now, and that's saying something for Boozer.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:18 PM   #3
SRZ66
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
Do you need blocks?

If not, then I'd keep Boozer. He's actually less of a health risk than Amare right now, and that's saying something for Boozer.
every team can always use a little extra blocks, plus amare has a better ft%, so im not sure what to do here. amare healthy is pretty much a first round pick for those 2 reasons
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:40 PM   #4
LakersFO
Dunking on everybody in the park

I would wait & see how many more games amare misses in the next couple weeks.

Boozer is a machine right now.
LakersFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:35 PM   #5
RapsFan
Good college starter

I would do it. You're selling high on Boozer and buying low on Amare, always a good strategy. Both are injury risks and just because Amare's is more recent would I say he's a bigger risk then Boozer. Boozer used to be the biggest risk in the league.

Assuming both healthy, Amare is the higher ranked player historically and I don't see that changing. Similar stats, better blks, stls and FT% from Amare. Few more bds for Booze.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:41 PM   #6
nkjordan23
I rule the local playground

NO!!! Do not trade Boozer. The guy is always 25 and 15 almost every single night and can even provide some assists as well. He brings it every night.

With Amare, you bave to worry about both his knees and Shawn Marion. Amare has never averaged over 10 boards in a season and his blocks arent that high no matter what anybody says. He avgs around 1.3 and thats been his high of his career.

I dont know what these people are thinking, but if 0.5 blocks more and 8% ft% is an improvement to you while losing 2-3 boards and a couple assists, by all means do it.

I still wouldn't!
nkjordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:54 PM   #7
RapsFan
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkjordan23
NO!!! Do not trade Boozer. The guy is always 25 and 15 almost every single night and can even provide some assists as well. He brings it every night.

With Amare, you bave to worry about both his knees and Shawn Marion. Amare has never averaged over 10 boards in a season and his blocks arent that high no matter what anybody says. He avgs around 1.3 and thats been his high of his career.

I dont know what these people are thinking, but if 0.5 blocks more and 8% ft% is an improvement to you while losing 2-3 boards and a couple assists, by all means do it.

I still wouldn't!

Well, Boozer has never averaged over 11.7 bds before this year's 12.3. He hasn't also averaged over 20.9 pts, before this year's hot start.

In every draft, Amare was taken ahead of Boozer for a reason. The higher FT% and blks do make a difference. 1.3 isn't a ton, but it's a lot compared to Boozer's 0.3 last season. Amare has also had season's of 1.6.

If Amare wasn't hurt at the start of the year, I doubt this would even be a discussion. Just my opinion.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:07 PM   #8
nkjordan23
I rule the local playground

While most of that is probably true, Amare has slowly sunk to the 2nd round in drafts due to his injury status and his up and down games with Marion along side him stealing a lot of his boards, Boozer has emerged into a bigtime star. The numbers don't lie. Boozer is improving every year while Amare is up and down and dealing with injuries.

Regardless, if Amare plays every game, they both come out fairly close with Amare having the edge on blocks and Boozer having the edge on assists and rebounds.

You make some solid points though. Tough call, but I'm higher on Boozer I guess. I'm sure there are people who feel the same as yourself.

For the guy involved in the deal, I guess the deal breaker would be to see the rest of the team you have assembled and go from there to best suit your needs.
nkjordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:46 PM   #9
gsw21
I usually hit open layups

I think i would do it. I'd be a little reluctant because Boozer is doing so great but Amare will be really good when he gets back. Like someone else already said, wait a few more games and see how Amare's injury is.
gsw21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:13 PM   #10
trig
Decent college freshman

Unless your weak in blk, I wouldn't do it
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: