Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2006, 10:47 PM   #1
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced
 
TheReturnofCed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cedville
Posts: 1,061
Default Team Needs Analysis

Atlanta Hawks:

Strengths: The Hawks have a lot of young talent at the wing positions, and good depth. All these guys with the exception of Childress have star potential. Joe Johnson has shown glimpses of being a very special player and the mistake of not picking Chris Paul doesn’t look to bad to me when you have such a stud in Marvin Williams.

Weaknesses: The Hawks have huge holes at point guard and center. Drafting at 5, they could reach and pick Marcus Williams from Uconn, but I like Joe Johnson’s point guard ability, and feel Brandon Roy would be a better choice here, and to address their needs at center through free agency. Nene should be the big prize for Atlanta in free agency. If Roy were off the board I would look at drafting Shelden Williams as their center, albeit undersized he is strong and active, much like Ben Wallace. With the 33rd pick they should look at drafting the best point guard or center available. I have a feeling Daniel Gibson or Kyle Lowry will be available at 33.

5th pick: Brandon Roy- Washington
33rd pick: Daniel Gibson- Texas
FA goal: Nene
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:55 PM   #2
adamcz
Bucks fan
 
adamcz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 3,727
Default

They should trade Childress and Harrington to me for Mo Williams and either Gadzuric or Magloire. PG/C problems are solved, and then they can draft whoever they want.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:15 PM   #3
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star
 
JohnnyBravo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
They should trade Childress and Harrington to me for Mo Williams and either Gadzuric or Magloire. PG/C problems are solved, and then they can draft whoever they want.


Why would we do that? Zaza is better than both of them.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:21 PM   #4
adamcz
Bucks fan
 
adamcz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 3,727
Default

Shut up. Fans of crappy teams always think they have tons of players who are better than the starters on playoff teams, but the proof is in the pudding.

Let me guess,

Joe Johnson > Redd
Josh Smith > Simmons
Marvin Williams > Joe Smith
Zaza > Magloire

Wow, I guess that means Ford on the Hawks would lead them to 60 wins.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:05 PM   #5
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star
 
JohnnyBravo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Shut up. Fans of crappy teams always think they have tons of players who are better than the starters on playoff teams, but the proof is in the pudding.

Let me guess,

Joe Johnson > Redd
Josh Smith > Simmons
Marvin Williams > Joe Smith
Zaza > Magloire

Wow, I guess that means Ford on the Hawks would lead them to 60 wins.

You are correct.

You act as if you weren't picking #1 in last year's draft. The only difference between your team and ours is a point and depth in the frontcourt. Which we will probably acquire this year. Don't get mad at us because you gave up the best center on your roster.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:19 PM   #6
adamcz
Bucks fan
 
adamcz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 3,727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
You act as if you weren't picking #1 in last year's draft.
We won 30 games that year, in spite of tanking after the trade deadline. The last time the Hawks won that many was 2002-03.
Quote:
The only difference between your team and ours is a point and depth in the frontcourt.
Which is why I tried to offer you a point guard (and a center) in a trade. The same point guard who led the Bucks to a better record than you guys have had in years.
Quote:
Don't get mad at us because you gave up the best center on your roster.
I promise you that you are the only person on the Insidehoops board who is enough of a homer to think that Zaza is a better center than Magloire.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:53 PM   #7
tontoz
NBA sixth man of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,305
Default

Quote:
They should trade Childress and Harrington to me for Mo Williams and either Gadzuric or Magloire. PG/C problems are solved, and then they can draft whoever they want.

I would say that a deal is possible between the two teams but I doubt anything would happen until july since Harrington is a ufa.

Don't take JB seriously.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:32 PM   #8
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star
 
JohnnyBravo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
I would say that a deal is possible between the two teams but I doubt anything would happen until july since Harrington is a ufa.

Don't take JB seriously.


Then we will be brothers because no one ever takes you seriously.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:40 PM   #9
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star
 
SecondFiddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
Atlanta Hawks:

Strengths: The Hawks have a lot of young talent at the wing positions, and good depth. All these guys with the exception of Childress have star potential. Joe Johnson has shown glimpses of being a very special player and the mistake of not picking Chris Paul doesnít look to bad to me when you have such a stud in Marvin Williams.

Weaknesses: The Hawks have huge holes at point guard and center. Drafting at 5, they could reach and pick Marcus Williams from Uconn, but I like Joe Johnsonís point guard ability, and feel Brandon Roy would be a better choice here, and to address their needs at center through free agency. Nene should be the big prize for Atlanta in free agency. If Roy were off the board I would look at drafting Shelden Williams as their center, albeit undersized he is strong and active, much like Ben Wallace. With the 33rd pick they should look at drafting the best point guard or center available. I have a feeling Daniel Gibson or Kyle Lowry will be available at 33.

5th pick: Brandon Roy- Washington
33rd pick: Daniel Gibson- Texas
FA goal: Nene

I think S.Williams has been told that he is the pick at no.5
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:43 PM   #10
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star
 
SecondFiddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
Then we will be brothers because no one ever takes you seriously.

I do, I take him almost seriously. I'll complete it if he converts to buddhism
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 06:43 AM   #11
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced
 
TheReturnofCed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cedville
Posts: 1,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondFiddle
I think S.Williams has been told that he is the pick at no.5

My draft would have been much better, well maybe not Gibson, he'd be a bit redundant.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy