Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 11-09-2007, 12:05 AM   #1
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation
Default Tayshaun Needs To Get Agressive

In the presence of vets like Chauncey and Rip he tends to take a backseat offensively. It's a shame because he has a versatile skillset including a decent (but akward) jumper and a deadly hookshot. His first step is also pretty good.

This guy needs to get agressive. He needs to attack the rim with intensity because when he does he almost always scores. Right now most of his opportunities come from open jumpers and transition buckets.

The first two games we saw him post up often and score off the second effort. I think this helped him grab more boards too because he was nearer to the basket.

I pray he takes it to the next level this season. He is more than capable of averaging 22/7/5. His post scoring gives us much needed offense in the paint and keeps us from relying on the perimeter scoring of Rip and Chauncey too much. On most any other team this kid would be an all-star by now.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:03 AM   #2
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tayshaun Needs To Get Agressive

I don't know, I think you're being too hard on him. He had a career scoring night on opening night, but an off-night last night. I agree that he has to develop more consistency, but he really took it to the inferior defenders on Miami and struggled against the team defense of Chicago. He didn't have the mismatch this game, so Rasheed took the shots instead. I think that's the right decision.

I expected more from Billups than 14p/6a against the weaker Chicago guards, but Rasheed totally went off! I really like seeing that type of effort from him. That was probably his best game as a Piston, and not just scoring - his aggressiveness was unbelievable!

Thomas and Smith had great nights for Chicago. Ordinarily, that won't happen. I expect that'll probably be a top 10 game for both of those two guys this year.

Expect Prince to get aggressive tonight against the mismatch with the Clippers. I'll say 15p/7r.
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:17 AM   #3
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I like Tayshauns game so far. I have to agree with Patrick on this one. I think it's more of a consistency thing. But with that said the way the Pistons work is they go to the person who has the mismatch because they know they are solid at every position and most other teams have weaknesses at at least one position. When playing the Bulls they have a weak front court so they go to Rasheed. I would have liked to see more out of Maxiell last night. I think Tayshaun played his role. He had a turnover late I wasn't happy with but that could be said for more than just him. A few less turnovers and the Pistons would still be undefeated.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:54 PM   #4
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

3 shots from the starting small forward in a game? Unacceptable. he went 0-2 and got cold feet. needs to take away some of the crap the other big 3 throw up there and call some plays for tay.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:51 PM   #5
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far

A slight twist on that, I'd like to see him freeing himself down near the basket more often. Backdoor cuts, alley oops, some of the stuff he and Ben used to do to keep the defenses honest. I think he's a bit frail to be trying anything if it's against the bigs, but if McDyess and Rasheed can pull bigger defenses out of the paint, he should be able to play wide receiver against the often shorter defender.
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:18 PM   #6
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick27
I don't know, I think you're being too hard on him. He had a career scoring night on opening night, but an off-night last night. I agree that he has to develop more consistency, but he really took it to the inferior defenders on Miami and struggled against the team defense of Chicago. He didn't have the mismatch this game, so Rasheed took the shots instead. I think that's the right decision.

I expected more from Billups than 14p/6a against the weaker Chicago guards, but Rasheed totally went off! I really like seeing that type of effort from him. That was probably his best game as a Piston, and not just scoring - his aggressiveness was unbelievable!

Thomas and Smith had great nights for Chicago. Ordinarily, that won't happen. I expect that'll probably be a top 10 game for both of those two guys this year.

Expect Prince to get aggressive tonight against the mismatch with the Clippers. I'll say 15p/7r.

He has the moves to score on Luol Deng, unfortunately he only took 3 or 4 shots the entire game.

15 points would be solid but not impressive. He averaged 15 the last 2 years. Tayshaun Prince can be a consistent 20 point scorer and he needs to show it.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:59 PM   #7
go_blue
High school junior varsity star

go_blue has an OK reputation so far

every game he deos good we do good all he needs to is take more shots its not like he cant make them. He can make a shot and spark the team up and we can get into a good scoring rythm
go_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:40 PM   #8
Round Robin
Kids at the park dunk on me

Round Robin has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
He has the moves to score on Luol Deng, unfortunately he only took 3 or 4 shots the entire game.

15 points would be solid but not impressive. He averaged 15 the last 2 years. Tayshaun Prince can be a consistent 20 point scorer and he needs to show it.

I thought he would have a big game last night because he definitely matches up well against Deng. He averaged 18 points, 7.5 boards on almost 50% shooting against the Bulls last year in the playoffs. I hope he comes out of his shell more this season, he definitely has the potential and ability
Round Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:13 AM   #9
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputationAussie Dunker has decent reputation

Quote:
He is more than capable of averaging 22/7/5
Pretty high expectations...

*Im a beleiver in tay, he is an offensive weapon he just has to realize that...

*he can knock down open shots, including the 3, create his own shot, drive by his openents, he is to fast for the bigges guys to block him and to long for the smaller guys to guard him, tremendous finisher around the rim...

and he is one of the best defensive small forwards in the game,

I beleive he can be a 19/7/4 guy for many years to come, while being our lockdown defender at the same time...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: