Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-14-2007, 03:48 PM   #1
statsfreak
Saw a basketball once

Default Sitchu Live Stats (free alternative to yahoo stat tracker)

I'm opening this new thread instead so you guys can give us some feedback here on what you'd like to see in our stat tracker on http://sitchu.com/livestatspage.aspx.

**** This is what I posted earlier ****
Here's a FREE alternative to yahoo stat tracker, I'm sure you guys would find this convenient - try the following site: it has a real clean UI and the stats get updated automatically (no page refresh like other sites): http://www.Sitchu.com/LiveStatsPage.aspx
statsfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:45 PM   #2
Manphibian420
very nice

Default Re: Sitchu Live Stats (free alternative to yahoo stat tracker)

Trying this out right now, and I'm liking it.
A couple things I'd like to see;
A way to save your team and "log in" to view it each night, in the form of a single field (as opposed to login/pw combo since there is no need for security) without any sort of registration needed. This would allow me to have my various fantasy teams and their opponents all saved and check them easily.
A way to designate a member of your team as benched, so on a night like tonight when I have 12 players going and only 10 starting spots, I can monitor the guys who's stats aren't counting for my team without having their numbers added to the displayed total.

Oh another thing I just noticed, it would be nice to be able to see the game period/clock, whether it is listed for each player or if you just have a list of the games at the bottom of the page showing all of the games for the night and how far along each is.

Last edited by Manphibian420 : 11-14-2007 at 09:50 PM.
Manphibian420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:49 PM   #3
LakersFO
Dunking on everybody in the park

Does it show matchups including others besides your own.
LakersFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:15 PM   #4
statsfreak
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manphibian420
Trying this out right now, and I'm liking it.
A couple things I'd like to see;
A way to save your team and "log in" to view it each night, in the form of a single field (as opposed to login/pw combo since there is no need for security) without any sort of registration needed. This would allow me to have my various fantasy teams and their opponents all saved and check them easily.
A way to designate a member of your team as benched, so on a night like tonight when I have 12 players going and only 10 starting spots, I can monitor the guys who's stats aren't counting for my team without having their numbers added to the displayed total.

Oh another thing I just noticed, it would be nice to be able to see the game period/clock, whether it is listed for each player or if you just have a list of the games at the bottom of the page showing all of the games for the night and how far along each is.

Great feedback! Adding the game/clock is on our TODO list and we'll be adding the ability to bench a player soon. Another thing we're working on is allowing the player to save their player data and view that saved data after a login (like you already mentioned), and to add players in bulk by copying and pasting the player names. Don't worry about the registration, it will be a simple set-up, and will allow you to initialize your page and save your player data all in one step. The reason for having a password is to not allow others to modify your saved data and/or other configuration settings that we add in the future.

Thanks and I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:17 PM   #5
statsfreak
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersFO
Does it show matchups including others besides your own.

We'll be allowing you to compare your player stats with the stats of your opponent but I'm not sure if that's what you mean. Could you elaborate a bit more on that?
Old 11-14-2007, 10:23 PM   #6
LakersFO
Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by statsfreak
We'll be allowing you to compare your player stats with the stats of your opponent but I'm not sure if that's what you mean. Could you elaborate a bit more on that?

Thats exactly what i mean. On yahoo "matchups" are your weekly h-2-h games. Plus i wanted to know if i can see the other matchups in my league. In my 14 team league, there are 7 matchups a week. I want to see the other six.
LakersFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:36 AM   #7
statsfreak
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersFO
Thats exactly what i mean. On yahoo "matchups" are your weekly h-2-h games. Plus i wanted to know if i can see the other matchups in my league. In my 14 team league, there are 7 matchups a week. I want to see the other six.

Good then. To answer your question, we'll be enabling user team vs. opponent team "matchups" but we can't retrieve this information directly from your league because we don't have access to that information. But don't be dismayed because we'll allow you and the other team owners in your league to sign-up and create a league, set-up your/their roster, and compare all your stats just like you would in Y!. Let me know if you have any other suggestions. Thanks!
Old 11-19-2007, 09:16 PM   #8
statsfreak
Saw a basketball once

Quote:

For those that are interested, I wanna let you guys know that we're now showing the game status for each player (game/period clock) plus that players opponent, and whether they're playing away or not, on Sitchu Live Stats. http://sitchu.com/LiveStatsPage.aspx

We've been getting a lot of great feedback and definitely welcome more. Tell us what you would like to see.

More to come soon...
Old 11-21-2007, 08:34 PM   #9
statsfreak
Saw a basketball once

Quote:

Many had been asking for the ability to bench a player and guess what?...it's in! Just like you said, you can now bench a player and not have their stats count towards your totals. Cool huh? Let me know what you guys think.

BTW, don't forget to bookmark your page after you're done modifying it to save your players (starters and benched).

http://www.sitchu.com/livestatspage.aspx
Old 11-25-2007, 04:40 AM   #10
moonman
Saw a basketball once

nice work bro! keep it up

also, maybe you could put in 3 pts made in the total (i know i'm lazy too add them up, lol)

Last edited by moonman : 11-25-2007 at 04:42 AM.
moonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:55 PM   #11
statsfreak
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonman
nice work bro! keep it up

also, maybe you could put in 3 pts made in the total (i know i'm lazy too add them up, lol)

Thanks! We've already separated the totals from the percentages so you guys don't have to add anything up anymore. Read more @ Sitchu Blog
Old 11-25-2007, 10:41 PM   #12
moonman
Saw a basketball once

nice dude, also maybe you could put in an archive of past game dates. i'm sorry, am i asking too much from you guys? lol
moonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:33 PM   #13
statsfreak
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonman
nice dude, also maybe you could put in an archive of past game dates. i'm sorry, am i asking too much from you guys? lol

We're currently working on adding that feature and others but it'll take some time so please be patient ;), keep using the site, and check our blog (or the site) for more information. I'll also keep tabs on this forum to see what you guys think, need, or would like to see. Thanks!
Old 11-27-2007, 12:22 AM   #14
ekzistenz
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Cool, nice site. This will definitely come in handy.

EDIT: Looks as though the stats for the Suns-Warriors game isn't listed at the moment.

Last edited by ekzistenz : 11-27-2007 at 12:43 AM.
ekzistenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:45 PM   #15
statsfreak
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekzistenz
Cool, nice site. This will definitely come in handy.

EDIT: Looks as though the stats for the Suns-Warriors game isn't listed at the moment.

Thanks and sorry, we feel asleep on the job and didn't show anything until 2nd quarter or so. We'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

You guys are great, I love this forum!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: