Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old Yesterday, 06:39 AM   #1
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Default 13 random thoughts for the 13 degrees it is outside.

Not that it bothers me....I have people to send outside if something needs doing there. Which it wont. I may order my minions some breakfast if Ihop does catering I guess....which...im not at all sure of. Waffle house does...but I don't want wafflehouse. Plus I bet they need a lot of notice. Which is odd to me because all their food seems easy to make in bulk at a moments notice. Not like they have to make a Salisbury steak player or anything....speaking of which...

Is Salisbury steak just thin pan fried meatloaf? Or another name for hamburger steak? Most peoples hamburger steaks are just....gravy covered hamburgers to me. People don't get the mixture right to make them tender.

Anyway....

Isnt it odd that Drew Bledsoe is only 5 years older than Tom Brady? It feels he should be older since hes been gone soooooooooooooooo long. They gave that dude a 10 year then record 100 million dollar deal with Brady already on the roster. Then that guy nearly killed him. Didn't he like...get his sternum caved in so bad it broke blood vessels in his chest? Next thing you know hes Danny Granger to Bradys Paul George.

I'm generally a team first guy...but id have trouble rooting for the guy who takes my job due to injury. That must be one of the worst spots to be in in sports. having to put on the fake smile while ____ gets the glory quietly hoping he gets banged up and you get to show you still have it. Like when Bledsoe led the Pats to the Superbowl when Brady got hurt(which nobody seems to remember happening).

Such things are why ive become softer on guys being selfish in regards to teams. They will get rid of you the moment it makes sense....so **** em. That said....
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:08 AM   #2
Kawhi m8
0/8

Default Re: 13 random thoughts for the 13 degrees it is outside.

Jesus, you cvnts are freezing and I have to wear a suit to a wedding in 104F tomoz
Kawhi m8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:10 AM   #3
BigKAT
Our lord and saviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhi m8
Jesus, you cvnts are freezing and I have to wear a suit to a wedding in 104F tomoz

Yeah wtf is with your country mate?

30C degrees, but raining?

Make up your damn mind Australia.

Jk, love it here bro
BigKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:11 AM   #4
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

I dont have an issue with KD leaving the Thunder. **** the thunder. **** every team. They value his talent not who he is....there is no real loyalty and if anyone thought there was the IT/Celtics situation should have killed that belief.

But we do all agree he destroyed the NBA right?

Even those of you who must twist all things into Lebron hate deep down inside...know that this team has eroded your anticipation of NBA games/the playoffs right?

The point is often taken into "Well...who started it...." areas as if the 3 Amigos Celtics or Heatles are the issue now. One thing is for sure...the Warriors have actually become what those teams set out to be but were slightly too old to become. There is no moral difference in the attempt...the difference is they are young enough to make it work...so bottom line...they should have the NBA on lock for some time. They are what Orlando would have been if Grant Hill were selfish enough to sit out the 2000 playoffs and heal and Doc Rivers dumb ass didnt bar Duncans wife from the team plan when he was House shopping in Orlando. They are Duncan/Tmac/Hill in the east dominant. A team that should win so much as to make the NBA playoffs a formality.

4 in a row? No. I doubt it.

Would I bet against it? Ehhhhhhhhh.....

They are good enough and young enough that if Klay doesnt bolt...they should win 5 rings in all. Will they? Who knows. Im talking "should". Maybe someone falls off unusually young like Wade did but I doubt it.

Because of all this....and Durant odd stream of ho like behavior? My friends and I(Both of them laker fans) have taken to calling Durant "The Mink" for his general softness. Only its not pronounced "Mink". More like "Mank" as we are in the south. I am not of the south...but I am in it.

Anyway this has led to a series of conversations that include things like "How the Mink looking?" and "That coat shining today!" when he plays well. I get random mink and chinchilla texts during the NBA season.....

I dont know anyone who has issue with Curry...Klay...Green. We all love Green in fact. He...as we put it.....is cut from our cloth. Green is an 80s player. Hes a throwback. The Warriors as a whole are respected....Durant joining is not. Steph should have retired with 3-4 rings anyway.

I said all that to say...

Its entirely possible I eventually start referring to Durant as "The Mink" as if its a proper noun. I associate it with him so much at this point I have had to erase "Mink" and replace it with his name in several posts. It just feels natural. Im likely to slip up in the future and im done correcting myself. Once I got the image in my head of him signing into his burner twitter account to defend himself online he pretty much lost his given name among me and mine.

Nobody is saying he cant play. The Mink is one of the nicest....ever. But that fur sure is lavish. Gotta call a Mink a Mink. Even if its really really good.
Old Yesterday, 07:21 AM   #5
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter

Please.

You know how many teams have won more than 64 games in history?

It's got to be right around 10.

Yet somehow....the Spurs(67) and Warriors do it in the SAME YEAR in the SAME CONFERENCE?

OKC was up 3-1 on them. Cleveland beat them.

KD did not join the Monstars.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:24 AM   #6
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Third thought...

Is Jr Smith the best proof ever that the difference between a star and a role player is at times just mental?

Its gotta be him or Rasheed Wallace.

What does prime JR lack?

Hes got 30 foot range, handles, elite hops, good but not elite quickness....he could play D. At times he had the green light. But it feels to me like even if you put him on some shitty team and tried to make him the guy....he wouldnt be. He might shoot 21 times and put up "The guy" numbers but he still wouldnt be it. And I dont just mean the team wouldnt be good. I mean you wouldnt even think of it as his team. Like Cuttino Mobley doing 20+ on the Rockets or Mike James on the raptors.

Some guys...just cant have a team.

But most of those guys just dont haae the confidence to take over. JR did. Hell he still does. This guy is taking isolation midrange stepbacks in traffic like its 1993.

I dont know what the problem is....hard to put into words. Its "It" I guess. And he never had "it".

We were all gushing during the Mcdonalds game on here in 04 or whenever he was it in. He was dunking like Vince and shooting like Ray Allen.

Ended up a Lamond Murray/Stacey Augmon/Brent Barry ass dude. A "You are way too good to....not be that good" guy.

Shame.

Gerald Green bugs me too. We should have gotten way more throat level windmills out of him. Have you ever seen anyone so clearly ready to step in and help teams that cant score....barely keep roster spots?

Its like teams realize they need him...BAD....for 4 months. He drops 28 a few times then ends up back in Europe or the Dleague or your thanksgiving pickup game looking for burn but riding the picnic table.

The ****?

How has Green not latched on anywhere....ever?

Is he just the worst teammate ever? Doesnt practice? There are shitty defenders who cant score like him who stay in the league.

Its as if he has epic BO or something...
Old Yesterday, 07:26 AM   #7
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
What does prime JR lack?

A brain.
Old Yesterday, 07:34 AM   #8
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
Please.

You know how many teams have won more than 64 games in history?

It's got to be right around 10.

Yet somehow....the Spurs(67) and Warriors do it in the SAME YEAR in the SAME CONFERENCE?

OKC was up 3-1 on them. Cleveland beat them.

KD did not join the Monstars.

1. Off the top...

67 76ers

72 Lakers

71(ish( Celtics

71(ish) bucks

Showtimes maybe....twice....the 86 Celtics...83 76ers maybe won 63...the 92 Bulls. The 98 Jazz. The GP/kemp Sonics. The 2000 Lakers. The 08 Celtics. The 07 Mavs.

09 Cavs....

The 08(ish) Pistons.

The Big 3 Heat in 13.

Recent Warriors and Spurs...and the Spurs may have hit 64 a few years before that.

The 64 Celtics may have by win percentage when they played less games. Not sure.

I know im missing someone too...

Anyway....no. He dit no join the Monstars. He made them the Monstars.

They were just an all time great team. Now they are quite possibly the best team ever. Which isnt hard to argue...considering a great many people had them as that before he got there.

They arent Captain Americas shield. They arent unbreakable....whoever the best team ever was....eventually lost. But they have hit "Shouldnt ever lose" status. They will lose.....at some point.

But they shouldnt. They shouldnt...ever lose. But they will because nobody wins forever.

Its entirely possible that they beat every team ever assembled if you drop them into todays NBA. Would they beat every team in that other teams time? That...is harder to say. Its hard to not favor them over all history with home time advantage.

Even the dream teams would need to gel and work hard. None of the recent dream teams would touch them. The "Redeem" team struggled with Spain. The 2000 team only won by a jumper. You gotta take it back to 92 and 96.
Old Yesterday, 07:34 AM   #9
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter

I don't think JR is as talented as you make him out to be. He's just "ok" at everything except long-range shooting and hops.

Even then there is a difference between being able to jump high and functional basketball hops.

Agility, coordination, ability to start and stop on a dime are all more important in basketball than hops.

Gerald Green is also like missing a finger on his right hand.

Probably affects a lot of things.
Old Yesterday, 07:36 AM   #10
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:
A brain.

I know what you mean....I chose to erase a scarecrow reference from my post in fact.

But it feels like it cant be that simple. Too many nutjobs seem capable of having a team.
Old Yesterday, 07:36 AM   #11
Kawhi m8
0/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKAT
Yeah wtf is with your country mate?

30C degrees, but raining?

Make up your damn mind Australia.

Jk, love it here bro

Oh, you're still here mate!

Sydney yeah?

Im in Melbourne
Old Yesterday, 07:37 AM   #12
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
1. Off the top...

67 76ers

72 Lakers

71(ish( Celtics

71(ish) bucks

Showtimes maybe....twice....the 86 Celtics...83 76ers maybe won 63...the 92 Bulls. The 98 Jazz. The GP/kemp Sonics. The 2000 Lakers. The 08 Celtics. The 07 Mavs.

09 Cavs....

The 08(ish) Pistons.

The Big 3 Heat in 13.

Recent Warriors and Spurs...and the Spurs may have hit 64 a few years before that.

The 64 Celtics may have by win percentage when they played less games. Not sure.

I know im missing someone too...

Anyway....no. He dit no join the Monstars. He made them the Monstars.

They were just an all time great team. Now they are quite possibly the best team ever. Which isnt hard to argue...considering a great many people had them as that before he got there.

They arent Captain Americas shield. They arent unbreakable....whoever the best team ever was....eventually lost. But they have hit "Shouldnt ever lose" status. They will lose.....at some point.

But they shouldnt. They shouldnt...ever lose. But they will because nobody wins forever.

Its entirely possible that they beat every team ever assembled if you drop them into todays NBA. Would they beat every team in that other teams time? That...is harder to say. Its hard to not favor them over all history with home time advantage.

Even the dream teams would need to gel and work hard. None of the recent dream teams would touch them. The "Redeem" team struggled with Spain. The 2000 team only won by a jumper. You gotta take it back to 92 and 96.

I said "more" than 64.

For some reason 65 and above is that much more rarified air.
Old Yesterday, 07:38 AM   #13
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
I know what you mean....I chose to erase a scarecrow reference from my post in fact.

But it feels like it cant be that simple. Too many nutjobs seem capable of having a team.

What do you think of Stackhouse's 30 ppg season?

Has to be the definition of license to gun for someone who didn't really deserve it.
Old Yesterday, 07:39 AM   #14
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:
I don't think JR is as talented as you make him out to be. He's just "ok" at everything except long-range shooting and hops.

Even then there is a difference between being able to jump high and functional basketball hops.

Agility, coordination, ability to start and stop on a dime are all more important in basketball than hops.

Gerald Green is also like missing a finger on his right hand.

Probably affects a lot of things.

JR was fairly agile. And explosive. More so than plenty of less talented people who were something similar to stars.

Michael Redd for one was a better shooter than JR. By a bit.

I dont know if it was by enough to justify the gap between them at their best.
Old Yesterday, 07:39 AM   #15
Kawhi m8
0/8

Quote:
I dont have an issue with KD leaving the Thunder. **** the thunder. **** every team. They value his talent not who he is....there is no real loyalty and if anyone thought there was the IT/Celtics situation should have killed that belief.

But we do all agree he destroyed the NBA right?

Even those of you who must twist all things into Lebron hate deep down inside...know that this team has eroded your anticipation of NBA games/the playoffs right?

The point is often taken into "Well...who started it...." areas as if the 3 Amigos Celtics or Heatles are the issue now. One thing is for sure...the Warriors have actually become what those teams set out to be but were slightly too old to become. There is no moral difference in the attempt...the difference is they are young enough to make it work...so bottom line...they should have the NBA on lock for some time. They are what Orlando would have been if Grant Hill were selfish enough to sit out the 2000 playoffs and heal and Doc Rivers dumb ass didnt bar Duncans wife from the team plan when he was House shopping in Orlando. They are Duncan/Tmac/Hill in the east dominant. A team that should win so much as to make the NBA playoffs a formality.

4 in a row? No. I doubt it.

Would I bet against it? Ehhhhhhhhh.....

They are good enough and young enough that if Klay doesnt bolt...they should win 5 rings in all. Will they? Who knows. Im talking "should". Maybe someone falls off unusually young like Wade did but I doubt it.

Because of all this....and Durant odd stream of ho like behavior? My friends and I(Both of them laker fans) have taken to calling Durant "The Mink" for his general softness. Only its not pronounced "Mink". More like "Mank" as we are in the south. I am not of the south...but I am in it.

Anyway this has led to a series of conversations that include things like "How the Mink looking?" and "That coat shining today!" when he plays well. I get random mink and chinchilla texts during the NBA season.....

I dont know anyone who has issue with Curry...Klay...Green. We all love Green in fact. He...as we put it.....is cut from our cloth. Green is an 80s player. Hes a throwback. The Warriors as a whole are respected....Durant joining is not. Steph should have retired with 3-4 rings anyway.

I said all that to say...

Its entirely possible I eventually start referring to Durant as "The Mink" as if its a proper noun. I associate it with him so much at this point I have had to erase "Mink" and replace it with his name in several posts. It just feels natural. Im likely to slip up in the future and im done correcting myself. Once I got the image in my head of him signing into his burner twitter account to defend himself online he pretty much lost his given name among me and mine.

Nobody is saying he cant play. The Mink is one of the nicest....ever. But that fur sure is lavish. Gotta call a Mink a Mink. Even if its really really good.

Yep, KDs decision is hands down, the weakest dog, competition ruining, league disrespecting, beta move thats ever happened.

I will probably never have less respect for anyone than I have for KD.

I know I play around with Brons stans on here but I do not blame Bron, or anyone else for KDs choice. I blame KD and KD only.

He is the weakest of the weak. Doggest of the dogs. Clownest of the clowns.

EAD KD you fvcking cvnt
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: