Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 07-25-2006, 07:35 PM   #1
jaypete3413
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Do Not Give Up Gomes Green In A Ai Trade

Hi I Am New At This Forum.......i Have Been Pondering This Whole Trade For Iverson And I Think Everybody Is Overrating Al Jefferson.....lets Face It Guys He Is Out Of Shape And Is Extremely Soft.....ryan Gomes Is Showing Way More Heart Then Him. Gomes Has Potential To Be Better Then Walker Because He Is More Under Control And Plays More Like A Big Man Then Walker....we Keep Gomes And If We Dont I Know For Sure We Will Regret It.....(dont Trade Gomes) Gerald Green Is Going To Be A Hell Of A Player....he Is A Spitting Image Of T-mac And We Can Mold Him Into A Better Player Being Pauls Understudy........if He Gets Srtonger And Plays Defense We Have Another Franchise Player.....both Him And Gomes Have Heart And That Should Be Appreicated.....green And Gomes Are Sent To Us Due To The Fact That We Let Johnson Go......remember Him.....i Think God Gave Us Another Chance........and That Is Gomes And Green....so They Should Be Untradeable Right Now....... And P.s I Am Also Liking Allen Ray..........

Trade Al Jefferson,rondo,allen,ratliff (and Thats All) For Allen Iverson..... That Gives Them A Pg Another Defensive Player That Is Also An Grasshopper Like The Other Ai And Can Shoot A Little Better. And Two Big Men 1 That Can Prove Me Wrong And Become A Hell Of A Player

Trade 2 Wally And Jones For Boozer

Ai/telfair
Pp/west/allan Ray
Rg/green
Boozer/leon Powe
Perkins

If Non Is Taken........then Go After Marion

What Do U Guys Think.......please Be Easy With The Comments...lol
jaypete3413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:45 PM   #2
boceltballa
I hit open layups

Default No Offense!

I'm sorry but I really did not look at your post very well because you capitalized almost every word you wrote. I know I am not the best at writing but when I saw all those capital letters...you know.

Aside from that...

If the Celtics want Iverson, Philly will want a proven scorer in Sczerbiak in return. That cannot be changed unless they give up Gerald Green, probably more. They would not give up Ratliff unless they had another big man coming back. Maybe Ratliff can help Perkins and Jefferson on their defense. Ratliff also has a large contract which would definitely change things.

So, Ratliff is here to stay unless they get an equal contract/big man back.

I am so excited about Ryan Gomes. Wow! It makes me feel good to see how well he played last season. I guess college ball does help some athletes.

Last edited by boceltballa : 07-25-2006 at 07:47 PM.
boceltballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:55 PM   #3
jaypete3413

he can help perkins if he is healthy which i doubt.........and the sixers dont want wally do to his contract........as far as green i would give him up for a 31 yr old guy.....would u? but i heard that allen iverson is staying in philly just a couple of seconds so i guess thats dead.......what about marion......he played the 4 in the west i think he can do the same for us

who would u be willing to give up.........

wally,al jefferson,rondo for marion

telfair/west
pp/ray
gomes/gg
marionpowe
perkins/ratliff

lower case letters better for you?
Old 07-25-2006, 08:44 PM   #4
boceltballa
I hit open layups

Hah! It's all good. I don't really care. I was just saying it got me distracted.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:45 PM   #5
jaypete3413

Its Cool........but What U Think About Marion
Old 07-25-2006, 08:49 PM   #6
boceltballa
I hit open layups

Being a Phoenix Sun (I've always liked the Suns right behind the Celtics), I really like the guy. It'd be nice to get him but I wouldn't want Ainge to give much away for him. I would do a Jefferson and someone else swap for Marion.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:08 PM   #7
jaypete3413

Now U Talking..........marion Is A 20 And 10 Guy......we Can Use Him

Maybe Jefferson,rondo,tony Allen Is Fair I Think
Old 07-25-2006, 09:36 PM   #8
Celts34
Kiss my converse!!!

I think that you are being overly critical of Al Jefferson. I'm not ready to give up on him yet, mainly because he's still so young. Your basis to get rid of Al and keep Gerald is tremendously flawed.

We have very little to go on about Gerald except a small sampling of games and a few jaw-dropping dunks. Lets not forget that as good as he was at times, he got lost alot on defensive rotations and couldn't guard me or you one on one.

With Al you have seen him for basically a season and a half, and we have a bit more to go on. Calling him soft because of his ankle injuries, is a bit harsh. Especially when it turns out he suffered a bone bruise in his ankle(the 2nd time he injured his ankle), which isn't exaclty like a sprained finger. And he has been working out hard(two a days) this whole offseason and is in the best shape of his career.

You may be ready to move on from Al Jefferson, but seeing as how he's a 6'10 20 yr old big guy, who can score in the post, and rebound. I am definitely not. And if you had talked to me last season during the year, I may have agreed with you. But trading Al away is the type of move that could end you up on Top 10 worst trades. I think we need to absolutely be sure of what he is before trading him. I feel the same way but to a lesser degree about Gerald, mainly because he's a swingman and they are a dime a dozen. Finding talented big guys is alot harder then finding talented swingmen.
Celts34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:51 PM   #9
cyco127
Local High School Star

Have you guys been watching that Rondo kid in the summer league???
That guy could turn into something special...
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:19 AM   #10
jaypete3413

i completely see what you are saying but i got a feeling that al's injury is something that is gonna nag him for the rest of his carreer......and green is younger then al so all his flaws will be erased when he gets his chance.....he has the eye of the tiger.....al on the other hand is like an elephant....lol.....i think gomes will be a better pf then al
Old 07-26-2006, 09:27 AM   #11
JohnnySic
green is good

Listen,

Gomes is entering his 6th year of high level ball (counting college.)

Al is entering his 3rd year, and more like his 2nd since last season was like a "red shirt" year for him.

Please take those facts into account.

Another thing: The Iverson deal is most likely dead in the water. Let it go.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:23 PM   #12
Snoopy
I brick open layups

i wouldn't be suprised at all if rondo ended up being a better player in the league than marcus williams, he's an excellent defender for his size with his long wingspan, he is the quickest guy in the league period, he was a steal from phoenix, but yeh Allen is not going to boston, as soon as draft night had finished he was never going so we can move on and imagine the c's this season with the team they have now
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 05:31 PM   #13
jaypete3413

how can u be satisfied with the team at this point.....i played against telfair in high school and he is overrated.........we are going to be destroyed this season with this team........be prepared to be number 1 in the lottery this year.....DA is confussed as a gm and i said that since the Walker trade with Dallas......we get this young picks and pass on these vets and throw them a way.....If you guys were not aware of this but when he got Ricky Davis we also could of got there center( whatever the heck his name is) and all we had to give up was Walter and a pick with the package we gave them......danny is horrible at trades and i hate him...... ........fire danny
Old 07-27-2006, 09:01 PM   #14
Snoopy
I brick open layups

well in case you hadn't noticed there's this guy called oden who can apparently play a little bit that might be the number 1 pick next year, but thats beside the point, the team isn't nearly as bad as you think, they're at least as good as washington and orlando on paper, who are both projected to be playoff teams this year, danny has got the squad some depth now with his drafting and trading, we never would've won a championship with walker still here, as for you playing against telfair in high school im sure he must've been a bit better than you give him credit for as he was considered by many to be the top high school player in the nation for a while, danny is one of the most undderated gm's in the league, watch out for when rondo becomes a star and we got him for practically nothing
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:16 PM   #15
cyco127
Local High School Star

Quote:
we never would've won a championship with walker

No, he had to go to Miami to do that(insert sarcasm here)...
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: