Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-26-2006, 12:05 AM   #16
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Lebron can score 30-40 on any given night. But when it comes for crunch time, what has he usually done? deffered to teammates and they made the winning shots for him and yet he survived much criticism over this season.

He did hit a game winner or two during the playoffs. And he still has time to improve unllike Kobe does since he is just entering his prime. Kobe still has a lot gas left in him but he will start slowing down in 3-4 years while Lebron is just starting the peak of his career. Don't forget that Lebron had better stats then Kobe for the most part. Lebron wants to get his team involved so he doesn't have to shoulder the load the whole game while Kobe doesn't always try to do that. Kobe is getting older so injuries will probably start to kick in and cost him some games on the bench in the future. And don't forget that the refs always love Lebron.

Kobe is still a good player, probably the top player in the league, but I would still trade him for an up and coming superstar who has the potential to be better than anyother that has played the game.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 02:06 AM   #17
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOO would i trade kobe for any player. and for those who want to make an argument for lebron. I got one thing that automatically puts kobe over lebron imo.

Both asked what there goals are in life:

Lebron: I want to be the richest man in the world.
Kobe: I want to be the greatest basketball player to ever play the game.

Kobe is got the ultimate desire to win and the belief that he can win every single game. the major work ethic and willinginess to do anything humanly possible to get better. give me kobe anyday. lebron is yet to face any injuries or setbacks and no one knows how he may fare after such incidents.

and btw, theres many players who never rly enter their prime. meaning that lebron may not get much better than he already is now or theres players that have early primes. you never know...

avoiding any injuries or setbacks, its gonna be one hell of a ride seeing kobe in his prime as he fights to insert himself in the greatest player ever category and lead lakers to the promised land. why would anyone wanna trade that???

Last edited by hotsizzle : 07-26-2006 at 02:13 AM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:17 AM   #18
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

One of the things that stuck out of hotsizzles post was when he said some players dont enter their prime.

I honestly dont see lebron developing anymore because Noone usually improves from a 30 ppg season to a 45 ppg season. the only time I saw something like that was Kobe from 2 seasons ago to last season where he averaged 27 ppg and then last year 35 ppg.

Players dont usually improve that way. U can have a season where u are 2 ppg and then go up to 15 ppg but not from a big scoring season to a bigger one.

Ok I said way too much right here and it was a mouth ful but my bottom line is this:

Lebron wont have a big scoring BOOST or anything. he will always be a 30 ppg guy.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:31 PM   #19
Greg Anthony
I airball my layups

Greg Anthony has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOO would i trade kobe for any player. and for those who want to make an argument for lebron. I got one thing that automatically puts kobe over lebron imo.

Both asked what there goals are in life:

Lebron: I want to be the richest man in the world.
Kobe: I want to be the greatest basketball player to ever play the game.

Kobe is got the ultimate desire to win and the belief that he can win every single game. the major work ethic and willinginess to do anything humanly possible to get better. give me kobe anyday. lebron is yet to face any injuries or setbacks and no one knows how he may fare after such incidents.

and btw, theres many players who never rly enter their prime. meaning that lebron may not get much better than he already is now or theres players that have early primes. you never know...

avoiding any injuries or setbacks, its gonna be one hell of a ride seeing kobe in his prime as he fights to insert himself in the greatest player ever category and lead lakers to the promised land. why would anyone wanna trade that???

Last night I was about to reply saying basically the same thing you said. rep+
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 02:39 PM   #20
qwerty
(o_0)

Quote:
Lebron wont have a big scoring BOOST or anything. he will always be a 30 ppg guy.

Well, yeah. That's basically what Kobe will be doing too. He's not going to have another 35ppg season this year anyways. With Lebron you will get maybe 29-30 ppg, 7 apg, and 7 rpg. But with Kobe, you probably won't get that. Lebron still has the ability to drive to the hole and he still has time to devolope his jumper. Kobe has reached his peak and his scoring won't go up any higher, but his assists might if he starts to trust his teammates more. Lebron is younger, plus he is versatile enough to play 3 different positions throughout the game. And I think you should be worrying more about Kobe's injuries too as he is getting older, it's not like he has no chance at getting injured in the future.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:57 PM   #21
joe lucky
Decent playground baller

joe lucky has an OK reputation so far

I'd do it for Lebron straight up and we know Lebron would stay unlike his situation in Cleveland. I know Kobe is the best right now but Lebron is scary good right now and he's only going to get better...not tremendously better but better.
joe lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 03:09 PM   #22
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I can say with confidence that kobe bryant is the best player in the world today. There is no one who can match his intensity and determination at this point in his career. His poise in the clutch is unmatchable. The only player worth considering to trade him for is Lebron James. Yea his point avg may not go up anymore than it is...but remeber this guy is 21 years old. Thats 2-1. His stats last season are stats many nba stars never get in there careers...not even kobe has had the stast lebron has had. This guy is one of a kind and he will improve...he still has to improve on his shot selection, defesne, and having a consistent long range...but that will all come. I seriously dont think as a GM or owner of a team you can let a lebron pass you by if you have the oppurtunity to get him. I hate to say it becasue i am a die hard kobe fan and i think hes the best, but i do have my eyes open. Kobe is 28, Lebron 21 and lebron is in the same class as kobe. Kobe has played more minutes than anyone his age. He will still be the greatest for the next few years but you cant expect his body to hold up for more than 4-6 more years. As good of shape he is in, the human body wears down. Of course Lebron wont avg much more than he is now but if he could avg what he did last season for the next 10 years...who wouldnt want to have him? He can play 3 positions and whats the most special thing about him is his passing skills. His all around stats cannot be matched in the NBA. Becasue of his age, you have more oppurtunities to win championships than you would with kobe. I love kobe but the NBA is a business, Kobe is the best right now but lebron will be at that level for the next 10 years...as a business decision, no one can pass that up
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 05:39 PM   #23
Greg Anthony
I airball my layups

Greg Anthony has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
Well, yeah. That's basically what Kobe will be doing too. He's not going to have another 35ppg season this year anyways. With Lebron you will get maybe 29-30 ppg, 7 apg, and 7 rpg. But with Kobe, you probably won't get that. Lebron still has the ability to drive to the hole and he still has time to devolope his jumper. Kobe has reached his peak and his scoring won't go up any higher, but his assists might if he starts to trust his teammates more. Lebron is younger, plus he is versatile enough to play 3 different positions throughout the game. And I think you should be worrying more about Kobe's injuries too as he is getting older, it's not like he has no chance at getting injured in the future.

He's not going to have another 35ppg season this year anyways

based on what.

[b][i]Kobe has reached his peak and his scoring won't go up any higher, but his assists might if he starts to trust his teammates

I bet you said that same comment when shaq first left.

plus he is versatile enough to play 3 different positions throughout the game.

If I'm not mistaking kobe was a point guard his first two seasons and he was the faciltator of the triangle during the three peat meaning he can play Pg,Sg,Sf so what's your point.

Lebron is younger.

really we didn't know that.
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:33 PM   #24
qwerty
(o_0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Anthony
He's not going to have another 35ppg season this year anyways

based on what.

He isn't getting younger, so his minutes will start to decrease. He doesn't/shouldn't have to score the way he did during the regular season. He will hopefully start trusting his teammates more as the learn and get better at the triangle. And also Vlad will take some of the scoring load off of him.
Quote:
[b][i]Kobe has reached his peak and his scoring won't go up any higher, but his assists might if he starts to trust his teammates

I bet you said that same comment when shaq first left.

No, I didn't. And I'm actually a fan of Kobe and the Lakers. I'm just not trying to be biased unlike some people here.
Quote:
plus he is versatile enough to play 3 different positions throughout the game.

If I'm not mistaking kobe was a point guard his first two seasons and he was the faciltator of the triangle during the three peat meaning he can play Pg,Sg,Sf so what's your point.

Sorry, forgot about that.

Quote:
Lebron is younger.

really we didn't know that.

Yeah, this is the main reason why i would trade Kobe for Lebron. Lebron will be able to produce for a longer time. Him and Bynum will be a great combo together and, if Bynum turns out to be what we thought he would, we would be able to trade Odom for a more defensive minded swingman or a point guard .
Old 07-26-2006, 06:38 PM   #25
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
But the one thing Kobe has that lebron lacks is the will.

I agree with this. It is probably the biggest differentiator between the two players. It is something that Lebron has not developed (yet), and one never knows if he will. Only time will tell that no matter how much we debate it. Kobe's will is one of the strongest ever to play the game.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 03:53 AM   #26
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
The only player worth considering to trade him for is Lebron James. Yea his point avg may not go up anymore than it is...but remeber this guy is 21 years old. Thats 2-1. His stats last season are stats many nba stars never get in there careers...not even kobe has had the stast lebron has had.

Keep in mind Kobe started out his first 2 seasons averaging 7 and 15 mpg respectively.

Lebron came in averaging about 35+.

they needed him to as the cavs were horrible at the time.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:00 AM   #27
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Keep in mind Kobe started out his first 2 seasons averaging 7 and 15 mpg respectively.

Lebron came in averaging about 35+.

they needed him to as the cavs were horrible at the time.

yep. give kobe 38-40 mpg and let him be the primary scoring option for his team at age 20 and he'll likely score 30 ppg
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:04 AM   #28
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

I apologize to everyone in this post. Kobe actually started out averaginf 15 mpg and averaged 7 ppg.

I think thats pretty good for 15 mins.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:22 AM   #29
Legend
I hit open layups

Legend has no real reputation yet.

I Would Never Trade Kobe
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:45 PM   #30
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't know how you people would dismiss a trade for Wade so quickly. Now, I am a pretty big Lakers and Kobe fan, but realistically, the age difference sells me alone. Kobe is, IMO, better than Wade at the moment, but in all honesty, Kobe's game will start to decline in a few years, while Wade's will continue to rise. If the topic was a trade, JUST FOR NEXT SEASON, than no, I wouldn't trade Kobe. He, along with Timmy D, are the two best players in the world (my opinion, don't flame me).

But you gotta look at the rest of the careers. Compare Kobe's age (28) to Wade's age (22). Kobe's years in the L (10) to Wade (3). If given the choice of having one of two players, one being an incredible scoring SG who has essentially reached his peak and will be there for another few years before declining, and the other being basically the exact same player who is still IMPROVING on things (Defence, three's) and showing promise in his weaknesses, you can't take Player A. That would just be insane.

And with LeBron, he is better than Wade and younger than Wade, so a trade for him would be automatic. Wade I would think about a little more, but in the end, I'd still do it.

Oh, and Renaldo Balkman . This kid's gonna be a stud. I see 30/15 out of him in the next few years.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: