Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-27-2006, 04:09 PM   #31
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

I coulda sworn wade was 24 but w/e.......age difference would still be an issue but Wade is smaller and just not as good
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:27 PM   #32
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Keep in mind Kobe started out his first 2 seasons averaging 7 and 15 mpg respectively.

Lebron came in averaging about 35+.

they needed him to as the cavs were horrible at the time.

This is not a debate of who was better at what ever age...its a debate on if you would trade kobe for lebron right now...kobe wouldve avgd more points had he gotten more pt earlier in his carrer but that doesnt change the fact that lebron at 21 averaged 31 7rpg and 7apg. Kobes never done that even in his prime years...so what if kobe didnt get pt early in his career..does that make lebron less better of a basketball player...this guy is a beast...hes physically bigger than kobe and at least as athletic and quick as kobe was in his younger ages...i dont see how you couldnt trade kobe for lebron based on how good lebron is and how good he will be...he can make a hugeimpact now and for the next 10 yrs...kobes better now, but lebron has more years ahead of him..and in 3 years lebron has led one of crappiest franchises into the playoffs and single handedly taking the pistons to 7 games...im a kobe fan 4 life but lebron has too much skill and youth to pass up
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 05:20 PM   #33
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
I coulda sworn wade was 24 but w/e.......age difference would still be an issue but Wade is smaller and just not as good

Yeah, my bad. He is 24. But still, that's four extra years of prime that you wouldn't get with Kobe.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:41 PM   #34
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
This is not a debate of who was better at what ever age...its a debate on if you would trade kobe for lebron right now...kobe wouldve avgd more points had he gotten more pt earlier in his carrer but that doesnt change the fact that lebron at 21 averaged 31 7rpg and 7apg. Kobes never done that even in his prime years...so what if kobe didnt get pt early in his career..does that make lebron less better of a basketball player...this guy is a beast...hes physically bigger than kobe and at least as athletic and quick as kobe was in his younger ages...i dont see how you couldnt trade kobe for lebron based on how good lebron is and how good he will be...he can make a hugeimpact now and for the next 10 yrs...kobes better now, but lebron has more years ahead of him..and in 3 years lebron has led one of crappiest franchises into the playoffs and single handedly taking the pistons to 7 games...im a kobe fan 4 life but lebron has too much skill and youth to pass up

I can't say I agree about how they took the pistons to 7 games. He had guys like donyell marshall and Ronald murray stepping it up. The cavs would have done better if they gave Z the ball more but anyways thats not the issue either.

It's just that your saying LBJ has more years in front of him true but what extra can he do besides averaging 31 7 and 7. I cant see someone improving from that that looks great already. He might get better moves and stuff but either way he is always going to contribute 31 7 and 7.

thats just my opinion
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:45 PM   #35
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas

what he said.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:09 PM   #36
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I can't say I agree about how they took the pistons to 7 games. He had guys like donyell marshall and Ronald murray stepping it up. The cavs would have done better if they gave Z the ball more but anyways thats not the issue either.

It's just that your saying LBJ has more years in front of him true but what extra can he do besides averaging 31 7 and 7. I cant see someone improving from that that looks great already. He might get better moves and stuff but either way he is always going to contribute 31 7 and 7.

thats just my opinion

While obviously it'll be hard to change your mind, but I could easily see LeBron averaging double digits in assists. A Tiny Archibald kind of year really. I mean if you think about it, this year, they didn't have the best shooters surrounding him. In the starting lineup anyway, he had Eric "20% FT%" Snow, Larry Hughes, and Drew Gooden. Those guys aren't even close to being established shooter in this league. While he did have sopme shooting power off the bench (flip, marshall, damon jones), they really didn't contribute a whole lot in the regular season.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:13 PM   #37
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well ok maybe he can average a triple double or something. But as far as point production he is still there.

But yeah people make a big deal abut Kobe and Lebron. I think that theyre styles are far more differnt than people think. Kobe has more of a slow paced breakdown the defense type of game. James im always finding out on the break and better at finding his teammates.

Sometimes teams can shut down lebron like the pistons or spurs.

But aginst those teams Kobe knows how to handle double teams and sometimes even triple.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:40 PM   #38
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Kobe is the best player ever. The only player I would trade him for is Wilt Chamberlain. But Wilt retired a long time ago. I guess that makes Kobe a keeper.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:22 AM   #39
Greg Anthony
I airball my layups

Greg Anthony has no real reputation yet.

Lebron avg 39.5 minutes per game his rookie season on the worst team in the nba the previous year. key players (Ricky Davis got traded ,Darius Miles got traded,Carlos Boozer,Zydrudas

Kobe avg 15.5 minutes per game his rookie season on one of the most talented teams in the nba. A young Shaq,a young Robert Horry,Nick Van Axel,Eddie Jones,Elden Campbell.and he still avg 7 points

15.5 minutes a game 39.5 minutes a game
Kobe 7.6ppg as the 6th or 7th option Lebron 20.9ppg as the 1st

give kobe 39.5 minutes a game his his rookie year playing for chalotte ya'll know what would have happen.
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 03:06 AM   #40
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Anthony
Lebron avg 39.5 minutes per game his rookie season on the worst team in the nba the previous year. key players (Ricky Davis got traded ,Darius Miles got traded,Carlos Boozer,Zydrudas

Kobe avg 15.5 minutes per game his rookie season on one of the most talented teams in the nba. A young Shaq,a young Robert Horry,Nick Van Axel,Eddie Jones,Elden Campbell.and he still avg 7 points

give kobe 39.5 minutes a game his his rookie year playing for chalotte ya'll know what would have happen.

Thank you Greg Anthony that was the point I was trying to make earlier.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:55 AM   #41
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Anthony

Well, I don't think Kobe way exactly the 6th or 7th option. Fourth or fifth at worst, behind Van Exel, Shaq, and Jones, and possibly one other, but doubtful.

Anyways, I do agree on the fact that had Kobe been given LeBron's first year minutes on a crappier team than the Lakers, then yes, he would have averaged around Bron's rookie numbers. However, I'm not sure (and no one will ever be) if Kobe would have done better, or even as good, because there is no way to know if Kobe would have flourished as the number one option in his rookie year, like James did. We just don't know.

However, the question isn't "would you trade rookie Kobe for rookie Bron, it's would you trade "prime" Kobe for "entering his prime and still improving" James, knowing full well that James will probably have another 5 or 6 years to play after Kobe's retired. The answer's pretty obvious.

And the question is the same with Wade, although not to such an obvious extent.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:59 PM   #42
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

thats just my opinion

What extra can he do besides 31 7 and 7???? Do you hear yourself...you act like this isnt good enough or something....his stats are not going to go up much becasue they dont need to, they are beyond great already...these are stats like oscar robertson and magic(but magic nevert avg nearly as many points)...superstars dont have his stats...lebron probably wont improve much statistically but he has the talent and athleticism to refine his skills...hes young hes not perfect...his D is shaky and shot selection is not always on par...but these things will come...your not helping your argument by saying hes always going to avg 31,7,7 becasue if anyone can do that for their whole career...they are going to be considered one of the best of all time...again yes kobe is better..he has more experience which is why he can handle those double and triple teams...but i think based on how lebron has progressed in the NBA its safe to say he will learn this as his experiecne increases...hes 21 and look how much he has learned and how far hes come...kobes got experience which is why his offense is more refined..but lebron has the skill and talent to achieve this as well
Old 07-28-2006, 03:53 PM   #43
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Well, I don't think Kobe way exactly the 6th or 7th option. Fourth or fifth at worst, behind Van Exel, Shaq, and Jones, and possibly one other, but doubtful.

Anyways, I do agree on the fact that had Kobe been given LeBron's first year minutes on a crappier team than the Lakers, then yes, he would have averaged around Bron's rookie numbers. However, I'm not sure (and no one will ever be) if Kobe would have done better, or even as good, because there is no way to know if Kobe would have flourished as the number one option in his rookie year, like James did. We just don't know.

However, the question isn't "would you trade rookie Kobe for rookie Bron, it's would you trade "prime" Kobe for "entering his prime and still improving" James, knowing full well that James will probably have another 5 or 6 years to play after Kobe's retired. The answer's pretty obvious.

And the question is the same with Wade, although not to such an obvious extent.

whoever posts 31, 7, 7 for a career will be deemed the greatest of all time. I mayb b wrong, but I don't think Jordan or Kobe has ever averaged those numbers for a single season. Maybe more points, but never the 7 and 7.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 04:22 PM   #44
Greg Anthony
I airball my layups

Greg Anthony has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Thank you Greg Anthony that was the point I was trying to make earlier.

no prob.
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 04:22 PM   #45
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
whoever posts 31, 7, 7 for a career will be deemed the greatest of all time. I mayb b wrong, but I don't think Jordan or Kobe has ever averaged those numbers for a single season. Maybe more points, but never the 7 and 7.

Jordan and Kobe have never done this...they have avg near 6 in each category but never 7...and that was for only a few season..not conmsistently throughouth their careers...No one has the all around game lebron does..he may not be as potent yet at scoring as MJ and Kobe but if you can avg 31 7,7 in the 3rd year of your career....then im sure he can become a potent scorer like those two...when its all said and done lebron could very well be the greatest player to play the game
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: