Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-25-2006, 10:18 PM   #1
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

BeckDiggLer has no real reputation yet.
Default How to Fix the Lakers in less than one week

The Problem:

1-Brown does not compete, if he starts poorly he will sulk the rest of the game and he shows a complete lack of enthusiasm on the offensive end, dude never fights for better offensive positioning or for key rebounds (remember game 7 vs.pho)
2-Odom is a fu..king fool and he can't or will not conform to the triangle offense, it seems he is not a system type player. Odom is unable to read defenders he can't make an adjustment on the fly when he is making the quick cuts that are required in the triangle. He has never consistently been able to get good low-post positioning or easy lay-ups out of the triangle due to the fact that he is better suited for a team that will allow him to play more one on one basketball and utilize his great ball handling skills.
3-Parker is not the answer at the point guard position. He can not be relied upon in big game situations.

Therefore, the Lakers must find three starters to play along side the other two starters Walton and Bryant.

First, they must find guys that can play in a system, here is a list of dudes I believe fit the bill:
Webber
Boozer
Grant Hill
Duhon
Malik Allen
Magloire
Mo Williams

I would start may trading Odom (12.0 mill) to Mil for Magloire (9.8 mill) & Williams (2.0 mill)
Then I would trade Mihm (4.0mill) to Chi for Duhon (3.0) and Allen (1.8 mill)
I would top it off by drafting Diaz out of the U in the 1st round and Bowman out of G-Town in the sec.rd
Then I would sign David Noel as an undrafted free agent and develop him into becoming a stopper along with Bowman

That would give the Lakers a line-up of
Magloire/Bynam/Brown
Allen/Cook/Turiaf
Walton/Bowman/Noel
Bryant/Diaz/McKie
Duhon/Williams/Vujacic

This team would be a contender within two years.

Last edited by BeckDiggLer : 06-25-2006 at 10:21 PM.
BeckDiggLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:10 AM   #2
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

c'mon man. contender in two yrs??? no way. the C postion is deep but the forward position would get abused. allen and walton starting at the forwards...nah man, i dont think so. plus, how do you know these players will fit well in the system??? If you want to trade odom, then trade him for a significant player that is available now. a package for KG, JO, or even ben gordon along with chicago's picks.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:34 AM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckDiggLer
The Problem:

1-Brown does not compete, if he starts poorly he will sulk the rest of the game and he shows a complete lack of enthusiasm on the offensive end, dude never fights for better offensive positioning or for key rebounds (remember game 7 vs.pho)
2-Odom is a fu..king fool and he can't or will not conform to the triangle offense, it seems he is not a system type player. Odom is unable to read defenders he can't make an adjustment on the fly when he is making the quick cuts that are required in the triangle. He has never consistently been able to get good low-post positioning or easy lay-ups out of the triangle due to the fact that he is better suited for a team that will allow him to play more one on one basketball and utilize his great ball handling skills.
3-Parker is not the answer at the point guard position. He can not be relied upon in big game situations.

Therefore, the Lakers must find three starters to play along side the other two starters Walton and Bryant.

First, they must find guys that can play in a system, here is a list of dudes I believe fit the bill:
Webber
Boozer
Grant Hill
Duhon
Malik Allen
Magloire
Mo Williams

I would start may trading Odom (12.0 mill) to Mil for Magloire (9.8 mill) & Williams (2.0 mill)
Then I would trade Mihm (4.0mill) to Chi for Duhon (3.0) and Allen (1.8 mill)
I would top it off by drafting Diaz out of the U in the 1st round and Bowman out of G-Town in the sec.rd
Then I would sign David Noel as an undrafted free agent and develop him into becoming a stopper along with Bowman

That would give the Lakers a line-up of
Magloire/Bynam/Brown
Allen/Cook/Turiaf
Walton/Bowman/Noel
Bryant/Diaz/McKie
Duhon/Williams/Vujacic

This team would be a contender within two years.

So u are pretty convinced that all these trades and stuff will go down???
wow this aint dream land. It isn't that easy in the business world man

second of all it takes 2 years to get accustomed to the triangle offense and Odom has improved in it majorly in the end of the year and playoffs and it has only been one season.

Be freakin patient thats what the laker's plan is...patience...the team will be back in great shape...just not in less than a week.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:26 AM   #4
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle

c'mon man. contender in two yrs??? no way. the C postion is deep but the forward position would get abused. allen and walton starting at the forwards...nah man, i dont think so. plus, how do you know these players will fit well in the system??? If you want to trade odom, then trade him for a significant player that is available now. a package for KG, JO, or even ben gordon along with chicago's picks.

Mo.Williams has played in a system before Utah
Duhon played at Duke and Chicago
As for the PF position, most teams are going small these days,
System guys can be found in Free Agency or in small trades.
Blockbusters usually involve intuitive players that won't fit well in structured systems like the triangle. The Lakers need players that are good at changing directions and pace on cuts and guys that can spot up for middle range jumpers more than they need athletes with speed. Look at Jordan's Bull teams and the players they surrounded him with. No KG's or O'Neal's were ever brought in. They need shooters that can stop PG penetration both Williams and Duhon provide that. Your too caught up in star power dude, even if this team does not work out all these guys contracts are short so they can be jetisoned for next Years Free Agent Class.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:38 AM   #5
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
So u are pretty convinced that all these trades and stuff will go down???
wow this aint dream land. It isn't that easy in the business world man

second of all it takes 2 years to get accustomed to the triangle offense and Odom has improved in it majorly in the end of the year and playoffs and it has only been one season.

Be freakin patient thats what the laker's plan is...patience...the team will be back in great shape...just not in less than a week.

Two trades can't "go down" in the NBA WTF are you talking about.
Odom and Mihm can be traded easily everybody I named is on the block right now. Odom, Mihm, Duhon, Magliore, Williams and Allen.

Odom is not a system type guy I don't care how many years he plays in it. Do you play basketball, have you watched his routes on his cuts? They are all the same, he never changes what he is doing that is why he is so easy to defend. He is always taking the same bad angle which causes him to post up too high he never gets good low-post position, why because he is easy to scout. Every player in the league knows what Odom is going to do everytime down the court. He always moves at the same pace he never changes speed, he never sets up the defender with clever moves, he does not put much effort into getting open without the ball. Odom is not a thinker and non thinkers don't play well in systems like the triangle he is a free wheeler plain and simple that does not think about what he is doing while he is playing just like payton when he played here, he WILL NOT FIT EVER!

Last edited by BeckDiggLer : 06-26-2006 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:37 AM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckDiggLer
Two trades can't "go down" in the NBA WTF are you talking about.
Odom and Mihm can be traded easily everybody I named is on the block right now. Odom, Mihm, Duhon, Magliore, Williams and Allen.

Odom is not a system type guy I don't care how many years he plays in it. Do you play basketball, have you watched his routes on his cuts? They are all the same, he never changes what he is doing that is why he is so easy to defend. He is always taking the same bad angle which causes him to post up too high he never gets good low-post position, why because he is easy to scout. Every player in the league knows what Odom is going to do everytime down the court. He always moves at the same pace he never changes speed, he never sets up the defender with clever moves, he does not put much effort into getting open without the ball. Odom is not a thinker and non thinkers don't play well in systems like the triangle he is a free wheeler plain and simple that does not think about what he is doing while he is playing just like payton when he played here, he WILL NOT FIT EVER!

I know what you mean about how he does the same cuts every time but i am just saying he is still a good player and we arent desperate enough to get rid of him for people that arent as good.

Another thing, has Miluakee shwed interest? noone knows.

Not every single team wants Odom and Mihm.

Just be more realistic is all Im saying every trade doesnt work out like people want.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: