Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-08-2006, 02:40 PM   #16
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

You can't judge Bynum yet. He's 18 years old. The youngest player ever drafted into the NBA. You don't want to trade him to another team and watch develop into a top flight NBA center. Give the kid some time. He wasn't drafted to help the team in the immediate future.

The only untouchable players are Bryant, Odom, and Bynum. The Lakers needs to get a point guard who can shoot. Quincy Douby would be a nice fit for example.

They need scorers to come off the bench and they need youth. Kareem Rush should come pretty cheap and he can help right away. He's familiar with the system.

If Phil is moving Odom to Power Forward, the Lakers need to get someone to play the wing alongside Kobe. Caron Butler would've been nice. Luke Walton isn't good enough. If the Lakers can trade up to get Shawne Williams from Memphis, they should consider it.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 06:34 PM   #17
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If lakers Were to trade up, it should be because they want to draft Shelden Williams. This is just specualtion but Post players that are rookies can make an impact right away. Shelden is Physical and hes rough down low. He can do anything in the Post.

We should draft him. and if not, Ronny Turiaf makes great contributions already
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 06:48 PM   #18
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected poster

I agree, Sheldon's a beast. One of my favourite 3 players in the draft, along with Reddick and Morrison.
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:02 PM   #19
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiens
I agree, Sheldon's a beast. One of my favourite 3 players in the draft, along with Reddick and Morrison.

LOL then lets trade Kobe, Lamar, and Kwame for all of those guys

NOOTT

But seriously since we need a PF why not bring in shelden.

INPUT PEOPLE...COME ON!!!
Old 06-09-2006, 01:53 PM   #20
traditionone

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
LOL then lets trade Kobe, Lamar, and Kwame for all of those guys

NOOTT

But seriously since we need a PF why not bring in shelden.

INPUT PEOPLE...COME ON!!!

Sheldon could help the Lakers a lot. He is very much like Emeka Okafor, except that he should be able to stay healthy.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:06 PM   #21
kobe92
Can barely lace up my sneakers

kobe92 has an OK reputation so far

All the Lakers need is small forward.you cant stop Kobe. Lamar is a All-Star. Smush is improving. Kwame has talent
kobe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:10 PM   #22
traditionone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe92
All the Lakers need is small forward.you cant stop Kobe. Lamar is a All-Star. Smush is improving. Kwame has talent

Vujacic started to come into his own in the playoffs. If the Lakers are getting a new point guard, trade Smush. A cheap backup point with experience as a starter is very valuable. Kwame needs to learn patience. Also, they have to play him at center.

I wish we still had Caron Butler.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:46 PM   #23
kobe92

Aint that the truth!
Old 06-11-2006, 01:21 AM   #24
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Vujacic can be that Steve Kerr or John Paxson of the bulls. Only he can actually dribble, pass, and shoot and defend as well.

Call me crazy but maybe if Sasha does well enough shooting over 40% then maybe he can be our starting PG...i dont see why not.

Once again though Mitch Kupchak I am speaking to you and i am telling you if you want to do smething right this time...DRAFT SHELDEN WILLIAMS GODDAMNIT.

keep Turiaf, draft shelden, and trade Brian Cook. We all Know that Cook is very good to throw in a trade. Lots of teams called at the deadline to get cook But lakers declined.

To ge a Good PF like Boozer we can throw in Mihm and Cook as the main Parts along with Aaron Mckie's Expiring Contract.

I think we should keep Our Main 7 Guys.

Kwame, Lamar, Kobe, Smush, Walton, Turiaf, and Sasha.

Everyone else needs to fine ways to contribute.

Lakers did bad drafting Wafer (reminds me of waffles). so they should let him go along with Green so we can Make room for Kareem Rush and Laron Profit.

And through the Midlevel add Marcus Banks.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:11 PM   #25
jecee101

jecee101 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
Vujacic started to come into his own in the playoffs. If the Lakers are getting a new point guard, trade Smush. A cheap backup point with experience as a starter is very valuable. Kwame needs to learn patience. Also, they have to play him at center.

I wish we still had Caron Butler.

not only does kwame need to learn patience but also his footwork needs help...those are the things he needs to work on this off season

and would love to see sasha start cuz i would rather see smush as a spark off the bench...sasha has the heart to play every single minute of the game...smush gets lost at times
jecee101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 06:32 PM   #26
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

not that he gets lost...sometimes he shoots too much threes that they dont go in and he loses his confidence....someone like him with his hops and dunking ability should drive it in every time and get some free throws.

then he will be better
Old 06-13-2006, 06:44 PM   #27
jecee101

jecee101 has an OK reputation so far

my fault your right about the confidence thing...but i do still think hes better as a spark off the bench
jecee101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 06:54 PM   #28
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

That I agree with also.

I just feel bad for the guy that went undrafted and traveled sooo much after that.

I just wish he stays in LA and gets paid as our backup PG. He has done great things as a laker anyways and proved that belongs in this league.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:51 PM   #29
kobe92

doesn't smush take a lot of forced three's?? they should a good pg and a sf
Old 06-14-2006, 04:39 PM   #30
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Sometimes he does take some forced threes when he isnt doing that well. he wants to score the ball. you can see it on his face. He want's to score and frankly i dont blame him he wants a Job somewhere long term.

To get to the next level I believe they should make the Odom to chicago trade.

I think it Might turn out well.

Or make the Carlos Boozer deal where we trade Chris, Mckie, Brian, and I think it was George but he might not come back at all.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: