Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-20-2006, 02:22 PM   #46
Kobe#1fan
Banned

Kobe#1fan has no real reputation yet.
Thumbs up What should the Lakers do to get to the next level

If I was Mk I would try to trade odom,walton, and bynum to the knicks for Eddy curry & Quentin Richardson

Lakers lineup 2006-07

Pg Smush Parker
Sg Kobe Bryant
Sf Quentin Richardson
Pf Kwame Brown
C Eddy Curry
6th Luke Walton

Dat's a nasty squad!
Kobe#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:31 PM   #47
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe#1fan
If I was Mk I would try to trade odom,walton, and bynum to the knicks for Eddy curry & Quentin Richardson

Lakers lineup 2006-07

Pg Smush Parker
Sg Kobe Bryant
Sf Quentin Richardson
Pf Kwame Brown
C Eddy Curry
6th Luke Walton

Dat's a nasty squad!

Kwame has to play center, so having Eddy Curry, who can't play defense or rebound, is just a waste of money.

Also, Quentin Richardson doesn't fit in the triangle. He's best used in a system similar to Phoenix where he can run the court and spot up for wide open 3 point shots.

Thirdly, this doesn't address the Lakers' need at point guard, which Marcus Banks could fill.

Bad deal.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:31 PM   #48
LakerFan1086
Serious playground baller

LakerFan1086 has not been impressing people

Eddy curry is awful man .. Q-rich is ok but our problem is not with lamar its our point guard situation. Our secondary problem is a decent back up at power forward and then an SG/SF.
LakerFan1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 03:26 PM   #49
Kobe#1fan
Banned

LakerFan1086 you are basing your reply on the knicks season. first of all eddy curry led the bulls to the playoffs last year was the leading scorer on a young team full of talent. his post presence helped tyson which he could help kwame, also he is also a rare player a back to the basket center and may I add he is like 24 and a 7ft 300 pound monster.

and if you know basketball you know when Q was a post up shooting guard on the clippers and and still very effective
Old 06-20-2006, 03:35 PM   #50
Kobe#1fan
Banned

all we have to do is get a vet point guard like tony delk or anthony carter:rollingeyes:
Old 06-20-2006, 03:52 PM   #51
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Lakers lineup 2006-07

Pg Smush Parker
Sg Kobe Bryant
Sf Quentin Richardson
Pf Kwame Brown
C Eddy Curry
6th Luke Walton

Dat's a nasty squad!

Eddy Curry needs help on learning how to play Defense. Don't forget phil is more defensive minded like he was back on chicago.

Richardson and Curry would never last with us. The triangle isn't for everybody.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 03:54 PM   #52
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
all we have to do is get a vet point guard like tony delk or anthony carter:rollingeyes:

Anthony Carter huh?

umm yeaaaahhhh i wouldn't want you as our GM. I like Kobe as our GM better

JK

I like some of our gaurds we have. we dont need another great PG.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:27 PM   #53
LakerFan1086
Serious playground baller

LakerFan1086 has not been impressing people
Default i'm just saying

Quote:
LakerFan1086 you are basing your reply on the knicks season. first of all eddy curry led the bulls to the playoffs last year was the leading scorer on a young team full of talent. his post presence helped tyson which he could help kwame, also he is also a rare player a back to the basket center and may I add he is like 24 and a 7ft 300 pound monster.

and if you know basketball you know when Q was a post up shooting guard on the clippers and and still very effective

I'm not basing my reply on the knicks season. Eddy curry has been a bust since he got into the NBA. They said he was going to be "Baby Shaq" and has been far from that. He "helped" lead that team into the playoffs in the very weak east and then lead them quickly out of the playoffs. Also, with career numbers of 12 ppg and 5 rpg are very ordinary.
I'm just saying if we're going to give away a 15/9/5 guy for a 13/6/1 guy does'nt exactly make much sense to me.
LakerFan1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:39 PM   #54
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

I dont even want any knicks players anymore.

After what they proved to me this season i dont want them.

They were unfaithful to their coach and lost interest. **** i wouldnt want them because phil is a great guy and deserves hard working players
Old 06-21-2006, 04:24 PM   #55
TylerTJ10
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TylerTJ10 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I dont even want any knicks players anymore.

After what they proved to me this season i dont want them.

They were unfaithful to their coach and lost interest. **** i wouldnt want them because phil is a great guy and deserves hard working players

i would take jamal crawford to start over banks
TylerTJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:55 PM   #56
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Jamaal Crawford is great but he might be too expensive.
Banks for now is probably the best fit. he may not be the best shooter but thats something u can learn in the offseason.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:25 PM   #57
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Jamaal Crawford is great but he might be too expensive.
Banks for now is probably the best fit. he may not be the best shooter but thats something u can learn in the offseason.

That can be said of many players. He may not be the best fit or the best shooter, but he can learn in the offseason. Many players don't work on stuff like shooting. I hope Banks does. If he develops a consistent outside jumpshot, he will be really good. I hope he does. He could be the key to next year's team if he does sign with us. If Smush Parker didn't completely disappear during the Phoenix series, we would've won.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:37 AM   #58
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Banks should work out with Kobe Bryant...then hes a garunteed fit.

so may players work out with Kobe and they get soo much better and conditioned...I would like Banks to do that if he came to us.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:36 PM   #59
BOOHYAH310
I airball my layups

BOOHYAH310 has no real reputation yet.

Bobby Jackson....PG
BOOHYAH310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:26 AM   #60
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOHYAH310
Bobby Jackson....PG

Bobby jackson may be a good pickup too but not as a starter.
He's showing some signs of age.

We need a better younger defender. Marcus Banks is that one.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: