Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 07-25-2006, 07:02 PM   #1
truballer
Can barely lace up my sneakers

truballer has an OK reputation so far
Default Iverson off the table

Philadelphia Daily News - This was going to be the summer Allen Iverson's days in Philadelphia would come to an end. On Tuesday, Billy King said that the Iverson era will continue, as he confirmmed that there will be no more discussed deals involving the All-Star. For all the sixer fans including myself that believe that A.I is not the problem this is great news
truballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:35 PM   #2
jaypete3413

jaypete3413 has an OK reputation so far

Damn
jaypete3413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:40 PM   #3
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

im so happy. This is good for his kids and his wife so they don't need to worry, now ai knows he is wanted here, and now we can move on to other free agents(and we better )
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:21 PM   #4
mln03
I airball my layups

mln03 has an OK reputation so far

Yeah, it's great for his family...he'll come home after every other game ticked off cause without him dropping 50 his team can't win. He'll be great to hang out with.
mln03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:13 PM   #5
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mln03
Yeah, it's great for his family...he'll come home after every other game ticked off cause without him dropping 50 his team can't win. He'll be great to hang out with.

dude ur f*cking stupid, u cant say sh*t when u kno nothing. His kids had to watch the draft thinking "is my daddy getting traded?", and his wife always has to be on guard cuz her husband might get traded, which means she would have to get a new job and such if she has one. U obviously know nothing about having a family cuz all u look at is the court. So please, STFU! plus, what u said is completely wrong, he doesnt "have to score 50" for us to win, he just needs to shoot efficiently and share the ball more. Ur just stupid, come back when u kno what the f*ck ur talking about.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:03 AM   #6
Basketbolero
Local High School Star

Basketbolero has decent reputationBasketbolero has decent reputation

Not having enough money to eat, not being able to find a job... these are things you should worry about. I love Iverson, but there are more important things in life than being traded. He would have to move his family to a different city, ok, but the future of his family is already guaranteed.
Anyway, I feel happy for him.
Basketbolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 02:04 PM   #7
mln03
I airball my layups

mln03 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
dude ur f*cking stupid, u cant say sh*t when u kno nothing. His kids had to watch the draft thinking "is my daddy getting traded?", and his wife always has to be on guard cuz her husband might get traded, which means she would have to get a new job and such if she has one. U obviously know nothing about having a family cuz all u look at is the court. So please, STFU! plus, what u said is completely wrong, he doesnt "have to score 50" for us to win, he just needs to shoot efficiently and share the ball more. Ur just stupid, come back when u kno what the f*ck ur talking about.

I'm going to assume you're a pre-teen/teenager and try to slowly bring you along.

First off, AI is a professional basketball player, by choice mind you. This means he makes an extraordinary amount of money playing a game. One of the downfalls of this gig is that you might get traded. Boo Hoo. I'm pretty sure his family wouldn't mind a paycheck that big coming from another city.

Secondly, my young ignorant friend, if AI were to shoot an efficient 8-16 or 7-13 from the field and nets 25 ppg where would the rest of the points come from? I'll be generous and say Webber would give you 20. Then who? Iggy? Not when he defers all the time to AI. Dalembert? A rookie Carney? Korver?Ohh it'll probably be Hunter. Sorry chief....ain't happening. This isn't AI's fault either. He is just surrounded by people that don't/can't pull their load. Therefore he must do a lot on his own. And when the other team knows that you get seasons like the last 3. I think you can take it from here, right?

Nice talking with you....be sure to work on the overuse of vulgarity, it generally signifies a lack of intelligence.
mln03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 02:18 PM   #8
The Answer
National High School Star

The Answer has decent reputationThe Answer has decent reputation

good news glad to hear he''ll be returning for another seaason
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 05:31 PM   #9
iv3rson
I Hit Open Layups

iv3rson has an OK reputation so far

yes, very good, i was hoping for that. Another season in Philly, and i think that this year will be good
iv3rson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:26 PM   #10
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mln03
I'm going to assume you're a pre-teen/teenager and try to slowly bring you along.

First off, AI is a professional basketball player, by choice mind you. This means he makes an extraordinary amount of money playing a game. One of the downfalls of this gig is that you might get traded. Boo Hoo. I'm pretty sure his family wouldn't mind a paycheck that big coming from another city.

Secondly, my young ignorant friend, if AI were to shoot an efficient 8-16 or 7-13 from the field and nets 25 ppg where would the rest of the points come from? I'll be generous and say Webber would give you 20. Then who? Iggy? Not when he defers all the time to AI. Dalembert? A rookie Carney? Korver?Ohh it'll probably be Hunter. Sorry chief....ain't happening. This isn't AI's fault either. He is just surrounded by people that don't/can't pull their load. Therefore he must do a lot on his own. And when the other team knows that you get seasons like the last 3. I think you can take it from here, right?

Nice talking with you....be sure to work on the overuse of vulgarity, it generally signifies a lack of intelligence.

wutd u have to go look up the word "vulgarity" so u could sound "intelligent?" Dude, all u look at is the basketball sense. U don't care or realize that he's been here his whole career and to move at this point is something his family doesn't want, nor does he. We have plenty of talent to win without him scoring 50, he scored 50 against atlanta and we lost. Do some research before u talk, it helps, so that way u don't sound like a dumbass when u speak. U probly sound like one anyways...
Old 07-27-2006, 02:16 AM   #11
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

I am glad that AI is going to stay a Sixer. He loves the city of Philly. I hope that the Sixers can do good and get him a ring before he retires.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:55 AM   #12
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far

Well I don't 100% believe it, because I think the right offer came up, BK would still move him, but I expect him to be around in the fall.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:23 PM   #13
hot97x

hot97x has an OK reputation so far

first i would like to say that im as big an allen iverson fan as anyone. however, im a bigger 76ers fan, and im not really sure why everyone is so happy that allen is staying. im ok with allen staying in philly, but no one here can possibly think this team is going anywhere anytime soon. given that, i would have much preferred to see them trade allen for pieces that could be used in the rebuilding process. they can't contend with allen and this lineup, and they can't rebuild without trading allen. so what have they really accomplished in keeping him? all they're doing is keeping a team together that is destined to be in the lottery or barely get into the playoffs just to get smacked in the first round.

anyone here who is a 76er fan and not just an allen iverson fan, should hope he gets traded for some valuable pieces to rebuild this franchise. i also agree that if billy king received an offer that he thought was fair, he would take it reguardless of what he's said about allen staying in philly.
hot97x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:01 AM   #14
douglaspuckett12

douglaspuckett12 has an OK reputation so far

Well I am a huge 76ers fan, I am however a even bigger Iverson fan. First I was upset of the idea of Iverson leaving, but now I hope for it. I want Iverson to go somewhere he has an opportunity to compete however,
''NOT ATLANTA''. I would love to see Iverson in Denver. I will however be content to continue watching him in philly and complaining about C-Webb on a nightly base.

I am going to look at last year as a fluke, they still have more than enough talent to be 4th or 5th seed in west. King must get some kind of bench however, take C-Webb from 40 mins a game to about 32.
douglaspuckett12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 02:38 PM   #15
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglaspuckett12
Well I am a huge 76ers fan, I am however a even bigger Iverson fan. First I was upset of the idea of Iverson leaving, but now I hope for it. I want Iverson to go somewhere he has an opportunity to compete however,
''NOT ATLANTA''. I would love to see Iverson in Denver. I will however be content to continue watching him in philly and complaining about C-Webb on a nightly base.

I am going to look at last year as a fluke, they still have more than enough talent to be 4th or 5th seed in west. King must get some kind of bench however, take C-Webb from 40 mins a game to about 32.

in the east u mean...lol no chance of that in the west. Well basically this has made me want to break down where we could be this year. Im going to post a new thread...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: