Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-08-2006, 06:25 PM   #16
Patches O'Houlihan
I brick open layups

Patches O'Houlihan has an OK reputation so far

I say forget the three point shooting and become a shutdown defender. If he can become shutdown, and Kobe actually remember how to play defense like he used to, along with Kwame playing great post defense, then the Lakers will be a great defensive team.
Patches O'Houlihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 06:26 PM   #17
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There was actually one whole month where the lakers beat the pistons where Lamar was shooting 60% from 3 pt range. In the Playoffs he did really well and looked to score more insteada deffering to teammates and Kobe.

Stupid people keep talking about how they wanna give up lamar and andrew to get Garnett but why when Lamar is still very young and same with andrew...Garnett is almost 30 years Old and his stock is decreasing slowly especially after two forgettable seasons in Minnesota.
Let's just stick with our core group that was 1 damn rebound away from winning the series and playing in the second round.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:01 AM   #18
Spiderman08 24
Banned

Spiderman08 24 has not been impressing people

Odom is inconsistant and overpaid. Honestly, I want him gone.
Spiderman08 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:04 AM   #19
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
There was actually one whole month where the lakers beat the pistons where Lamar was shooting 60% from 3 pt range. In the Playoffs he did really well and looked to score more insteada deffering to teammates and Kobe.

Stupid people keep talking about how they wanna give up lamar and andrew to get Garnett but why when Lamar is still very young and same with andrew...Garnett is almost 30 years Old and his stock is decreasing slowly especially after two forgettable seasons in Minnesota.
Let's just stick with our core group that was 1 damn rebound away from winning the series and playing in the second round.

couldnt have said it better
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:43 AM   #20
kb8
Can barely lace up my sneakers

kb8 has an OK reputation so far

If Bynum could make a 'lil progress (3 or 4 rebs & some 5 pts per game), if Turiaff could stay 100% healthy (I saw some of his games when he was still in Europe in high scholl & boy can realy play) & if Lamar can be 100% focus in every single game & every single play then who knows, maybe we r the team for some great things. I know, I know, there r a lot of ifs but, letz just leave this team for 1 more year 'cause, just like lakerfreak said, we were just 1 rebound away not just from da 2nd round but I believe & west finals.
kb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 05:07 PM   #21
Spiderman08 24
Banned

Spiderman08 24 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb8
If Bynum could make a 'lil progress (3 or 4 rebs & some 5 pts per game), if Turiaff could stay 100% healthy (I saw some of his games when he was still in Europe in high scholl & boy can realy play) & if Lamar can be 100% focus in every single game & every single play then who knows, maybe we r the team for some great things. I know, I know, there r a lot of ifs but, letz just leave this team for 1 more year 'cause, just like lakerfreak said, we were just 1 rebound away not just from da 2nd round but I believe & west finals.

Hello fellow Croatian. Sto ima?
Spiderman08 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:16 PM   #22
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

And maybe if Kwame was 100% focused maybe he can catch almost everytime.
But then again this post is about Lamar so I apologize
Old 06-10-2006, 05:52 PM   #23
KBfan

This is the lakers starters

PG-Smush Parker-Needs to improve on making penatration layups

SG-Kobe Bryant-AMAZING

SF-Lamar Odom-Besides improving on 3s really complete.

PF-Kwamie Brown-Needs to get out on the fast break

C-Chris Mihm-Needs to overall improve
Old 06-10-2006, 05:56 PM   #24
Patches O'Houlihan
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBfan

SG-Kobe Bryant-AMAZING

What? It's more like...

PG-Smush Parker- Needs to work on 3 point shooting and DEFENSE
SG-Kobe Bryant- Needs to stop cruising on defense and work within the flow of the offense
SF-Lamar Odom-Needs to work on man defense and also be more agressive on offense
PF-Kwame Brown-Needs to learn how to catch passes and finish strong inside
C-Chris Mihm-Needs to work on defense
Old 06-10-2006, 06:01 PM   #25
jumpman23

Default Not Really

Not Really
Old 06-10-2006, 06:18 PM   #26
NBAlover123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches O'Houlihan
What? It's more like...

SG-Kobe Bryant- Needs to stop cruising on defense and work within the flow of the offense
SF-Lamar Odom-Needs to work on man defense and also be more agressive on offense

I like the first one better no offense
Old 06-10-2006, 06:25 PM   #27
Unregistered

Quote:
What? It's more like...

the other one was better
Old 06-10-2006, 09:50 PM   #28
Patches O'Houlihan
I brick open layups

Then you're delusional. The first one better? Let's look at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBfan

SG-Kobe Bryant-AMAZING

Smush is a great finisher around the basket. He's one of the best dunking PGs in the league. What he needs to work on is his defense(which is below average) and his 3 PT shooting(very inconsistent). Two points I brought up.

Kobe Bryant amazing? Nothing for him to work on? Come on now. Have you guys forgotten what Kobe is capable of on the defensive end? Look back at the early championship years when Kobe actually put effort into defense. And he also does need to work within the flow of the offense more. Look at the last two regular seasons when he did his own thing. Lottery, and barely making the playoffs. Look at the first round against PHX when he played within the offense and didn't force it as much. The Lakers almost defeated the 2nd seed.

Lamar Odom only needs to work on his 3 point shot? You're fine with his perimeter defense? If he's forced to play the 3 spot next year you'll be regretting saying he doesn't need to work on his D. And you think he's fine on the offensive end. Go watch some more games from last season. He needs to start taking over. He's capable of taking over at times as shown in some games last season but he just doesn't do it enough.

Kwame Brown. You're telling me the only thing he needs to work on his getting out on the break? That doesn't make any sense. You do realize he plays for the Lakers right? This is not a running team. They set plays and work through the triangle. How are you going to say I'm wrong when I say he needs to work on catching the ball and finishing strong. Did you guys not see him at all last season? He lost out on at least 4 extra PPG because he couldn't catch a pass that would result in a wide open dunk.

Then you say Chris Mihm needs to improve overall? Like he's terrible or something? He catches passes(Something Kwame can't do) and actually finishes strong(he is always looking to dunk on someone). The thing he needs to concern himself with is his post defense.

Maybe you guys are just hoping for the Lakers to make the playoffs again as a low seed and get eliminated early. Because you guys don't seem to see that this team needs to work on a lot of things. I was talking about what they need to work on to contend for a championship.
Old 06-11-2006, 01:03 AM   #29
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Then you're delusional. The first one better? Let's look at it...

Smush is a great finisher around the basket. He's one of the best dunking PGs in the league. What he needs to work on is his defense(which is below average) and his 3 PT shooting(very inconsistent). Two points I brought up.

Kobe Bryant amazing? Nothing for him to work on? Come on now. Have you guys forgotten what Kobe is capable of on the defensive end? Look back at the early championship years when Kobe actually put effort into defense. And he also does need to work within the flow of the offense more. Look at the last two regular seasons when he did his own thing. Lottery, and barely making the playoffs. Look at the first round against PHX when he played within the offense and didn't force it as much. The Lakers almost defeated the 2nd seed.

Lamar Odom only needs to work on his 3 point shot? You're fine with his perimeter defense? If he's forced to play the 3 spot next year you'll be regretting saying he doesn't need to work on his D. And you think he's fine on the offensive end. Go watch some more games from last season. He needs to start taking over. He's capable of taking over at times as shown in some games last season but he just doesn't do it enough.

Kwame Brown. You're telling me the only thing he needs to work on his getting out on the break? That doesn't make any sense. You do realize he plays for the Lakers right? This is not a running team. They set plays and work through the triangle. How are you going to say I'm wrong when I say he needs to work on catching the ball and finishing strong. Did you guys not see him at all last season? He lost out on at least 4 extra PPG because he couldn't catch a pass that would result in a wide open dunk.

Then you say Chris Mihm needs to improve overall? Like he's terrible or something? He catches passes(Something Kwame can't do) and actually finishes strong(he is always looking to dunk on someone). The thing he needs to concern himself with is his post defense.

Maybe you guys are just hoping for the Lakers to make the playoffs again as a low seed and get eliminated early. Because you guys don't seem to see that this team needs to work on a lot of things. I was talking about what they need to work on to contend for a championship.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I WAS LOOKING FOR AN ANSWER LIKE THIS. IF THIS WAS A SCHOOL PAPER ON THE LAKERS I WOULD GIVE U AN A++++.

let's also try to get Bench production folks. Luke walton is getting better but who else is there besides him, turiaf and cook. We need 1 more PG. thats basically it
Old 06-13-2006, 07:57 AM   #30
kb8
Can barely lace up my sneakers

kb8 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman08 24
Hello fellow Croatian. Sto ima?

Nothing much! Hehehe! Mane stani! Cekam da prodje ovaj playoff i da Lakersi (citaj: Kobe) od nove sezone krenu u nove pobjede!
kb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: