Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 07-15-2006, 05:48 AM   #1
wally_world
M0derator

Default Spurs out of contengent???

Spurs seems to be getting worse... with up and coming teams like Celtics, Hornets, Bulls... would they fall out in 1st round next year? or worse still miss the playoffs???!!!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 02:55 PM   #2
JRICH23
Can barely lace up my sneakers

This has to be one of the dumbest questions ever. With a nucleus of Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili the spurs are always going to be contenders in the west.
JRICH23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 08:13 PM   #3
The Real GM

Exclamation

Was that a pun? They are still a top 5 title contender. They have arguably the best big 3 in the league and the most under-rated coach. Jackie Butler would be a nice signing if NY doesn't match the offer sheet, but I don't know about the Elson offer. Granted it's a short deal, so they could get out of it. I wish they would sign and trade for Al Harrington who would play the 4 and move Duncan over to his natural 5 to give them the more modernized look they want. Harrington wants to play with a winner and they could find a third team to involve in the deal. I doubt it will happen with Indiana and Golden State pushing hard for his services. I also wish they would offer Luis Scola a contract, who is most likely playing overseas next year. The Spurs will be fine, and will have their big 3 rested, healthy, and ready to go next year. They are still a serious title contender.
The Real GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 12:21 AM   #4
Bricklayer
Decent playground baller

Yeah, some teams are improving, but they got a long ways to go before they hit Spurs status. And the Spurs aren't getting worse. Their role players change from year to year, but their core remains the same. And they're not exactly old... Duncan's what? 30? Ginobli's 28 and Parker just turned 24. When the jazz were peaking in the mid to late 90's, Malone and Stockton were around 37. I compare them to the Jazz cuz both teams are under coaches who coach very cerebral games. Even if the Spurs' core gets older and less athletic, their smarts will continue to beat the opponents. Barring any injuries or trades, I'd say the Spurs have another 5 good years in em.
Bricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 08:41 PM   #5
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
Spurs seems to be getting worse... with up and coming teams like Celtics, Hornets, Bulls... would they fall out in 1st round next year? or worse still miss the playoffs???!!!

What drugged up world do you live in? Last time I checked TD was a dominant force, Tony Parker was an All-Star, Ginobli was an excellent player, and Bruce Bowen was a lock-down defender.
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:15 PM   #6
timmyD
I hit open layups

Default take it easy...

this guy IS from singapore AND like wally world... so he might have things a little to hopeful for him to see the spurs go down. I wouldnt mind seeing the spurs miss the playoffs this year and this year only... because.... GREG ODEN!! mand itd be like the three rings all over again cept duncan as the tutor.
timmyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 04:55 PM   #7
SpursFan22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
Your Nuts the spurs are deffinetally contenders plus they have 2 extra draft picks next year so they will deffinetally be in the top 2
SpursFan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 04:56 PM   #8
SpursFan22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Life
What drugged up world do you live in? Last time I checked TD was a dominant force, Tony Parker was an All-Star, Ginobli was an excellent player, and Bruce Bowen was a lock-down defender.
See he is a Knicks fan and he can still see that the spurs are a great team!
SpursFan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 05:16 AM   #9
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

Default .

first of all celtics and bulls are in the east, so they have no impact on if the spurs make the playoffs or not.

and this is how i see the west

dallas
phx
spurs
rockets
etc.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:58 AM   #10
bhing182
I Hit Open Layups

the spurs and the mavs are the 2 top teams in the nba but i still gi for the spurs as the best team in the west
bhing182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:39 AM   #11
different107
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhing182
the spurs and the mavs are the 2 top teams in the nba but i still gi for the spurs as the best team in the west

ya but i think the mavs are going to do better now because they proved to themselves that they can win the west...it seemed like that was all they needed to do was prove it to themselves
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:28 AM   #12
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Spurs are still a top 4 team in the league. There is now way that they will lose in the first round let alone miss the playoffs. I thought that everybody knew that but apperantly not.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:43 AM   #13
sixty
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
first of all celtics and bulls are in the east, so they have no impact on if the spurs make the playoffs or not.

and this is how i see the west

dallas
phx
spurs
rockets
etc.

Wow.... I wouldn't be that optimistic.

But if Yao and Mac' are healthy anything can happen', agree.

BTW: Clippers could be very hot to handle this year.
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:40 PM   #14
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

yeah with duncan, parker, and ginobili the spurs will always be a contender, even tho i hate them (suns fan) when they play us, but the tables are turning........
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 03:20 PM   #15
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

as long as the Spurs keep the Big 3 and add role players, they will be always in good shape come playoff time.
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: