Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-18-2007, 12:37 AM   #1
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here
Default Why does no one care about Chris Wilcox?

Firstly, I don't care for the guy but why does it feel like no matter what he does, he'll never be an allstar or get a contract that we can talk about.

He's 24 and averages a solid 15 8.

This is pure curiosity. Is it his IQ? Isn't he supposed to be freakishly athletic and isn't that what every GM wants in this day and age?

So what is it with someone like him?

Another close example would be Kaman who's now averaging 18 14 and is only 24 years old. I know he's just burst into the scene the last few weeks but I still don't believe he'll ever get any kind of attention even if he maintains this.

Are they just not star quality?

Please enlighten, thanks.
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:50 AM   #2
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Why does no one care about Chris Wilcox?

it's because he's horrible. he was horrible in college, and now he's horrible in the pros, and he's horrible, horrible, horrible.

that answer your question?

I really don't know exactly why I hate Wilcox. I mean despite my heavy, heavy bias against him, he is an ok player. I don't think he's good enough to genuinely excite anybody though. think of all the teams that have ever won a title and how many of them have had a player like Wilcox playing a prominent role? I can't see him fitting into a successful organization. maybe as a third big but even then for a third big you want somebody a little smarter and a little less expensive.

so for these reasons IMHO Wilcox will always be a decent-numbers on a mediocre team guy. and if you try to put him on a contender he'll be buried in the rotation; either that, or he'll screw it up. kind of like Larry Hughes in a way except not that horrible.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:53 AM   #3
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Chris Wilcox is the 2007 equivalent of Mo Taylor as a clipper.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:55 AM   #4
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

chris wilcox is one of my favorite players.. probably top 15, he's fun to watch and hes playing well.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:08 AM   #5
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
chris wilcox is one of my favorite players.. probably top 15, he's fun to watch and hes playing well.
so it isn't Stro Swift you like. it's tall athletic black men that jump high. like DatZNasty.

"OMG TALL ATHLETIC BLACK MAN CAN JUMP HIGH!! GET HIM ON MAVZ ASAP!!"
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:13 AM   #6
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
so it isn't Stro Swift you like. it's taqll athletic black men that jump high. like DatZNasty.

yes, i like power dunkers.

some of my favorite players:

stromile swift
jamal crawford
eddy curry
matt barnes
carmelo anthony
kenyon martin
darius miles
allen iverson
quentin richardson
chris wilcox

i probably forgot some guys, but what do alot of those guys have in common? alot of them are dunkers.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:13 AM   #7
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
so it isn't Stro Swift you like. it's tall athletic black men that jump high. like DatZNasty.

huh?
Old 11-19-2007, 02:58 AM   #8
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Chris Wilcox is the 2007 equivalent of Mo Taylor as a clipper.

Thank you.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:14 AM   #9
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
yes, i like power dunkers.

some of my favorite players:

stromile swift
jamal crawford
eddy curry
matt barnes
carmelo anthony
kenyon martin
darius miles
allen iverson
quentin richardson
chris wilcox

i probably forgot some guys, but what do alot of those guys have in common? alot of them are dunkers.

Allen Iverson and Jamal Crawford are power dunkers?

What that list has in common is that most of them are underachieving players (aside from Allen, Melo, and Barnes).
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:07 AM   #10
lawlerslaw100
Good High School Starter

lawlerslaw100 has decent reputationlawlerslaw100 has decent reputation

As a Clip fan, I dont care for Wilcox. The man is Zach Randolph lite.
He puts a stats on the offensive end but cant defend.
The Clips decision to trade him was good especially the way Kaveman
is developing this year into top 5 center.
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:12 AM   #11
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

he's black
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:43 AM   #12
GoldNugg21
Good High School Starter

GoldNugg21 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
he's black

O rly?
GoldNugg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 05:03 AM   #13
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

Kaman is fugly
Old 11-19-2007, 06:44 AM   #14
kidachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetriangle
Kaman is fugly

you're mean................
Old 11-19-2007, 07:19 AM   #15
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

New Jazzy Nets has an OK reputation so far

Bad team, Durant getting the spotlight, not having a night where he drops 41. decent player but they really dont have anybody.
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: