Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-18-2007, 02:38 AM   #1
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far
Default wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

seriously thats sooooo bad!!!!
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 02:39 AM   #2
kidachi

Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

o oh.

looks like a dwyane wade bashing is coming up.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:59 AM   #3
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex has an OK reputation so far

And this is news why? Looks like a typical D-Wade statline to me

Normally shoots much better than that from the field, though
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:03 AM   #4
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

FT is part of the game, who not use it to your advantage?
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:05 AM   #5
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
because its ***** points.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:08 AM   #6
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yea slashing to the rim and drawing contact makes you a big wuss...
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:13 AM   #7
SomeBunghole
Banned

SomeBunghole has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan

Because FTs were not introduced to be used to your advantage. The idea behind FTs is to compensate you for a missed shot on account of a foul. You're supposed to try and score legitimately, and if you are obstructed illegally in doing so, get FTs. You shouldn't want free throws. You should want to make a basket without interference. Nowadays, players want FTs. Wade doesn't slash to the rim in order to try and get a layup, he does it in order to get free throws. Now if that doesn't violate the spirit and the intention of the rules, I don't know what does.
SomeBunghole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:22 AM   #8
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
Because FTs were not introduced to be used to your advantage. The idea behind FTs is to compensate you for a missed shot on account of a foul. You're supposed to try and score legitimately, and if you are obstructed illegally in doing so, get FTs. You shouldn't want free throws. You should want to make a basket without interference. Nowadays, players want FTs. Wade doesn't slash to the rim in order to try and get a layup, he does it in order to get free throws. Now if that doesn't violate the spirit and the intention of the rules, I don't know what does.
Says... you?

He goes to the rim to get the bucket or to get FT's. Like any great player? Did you watch the game tonight, or did you track the stats and come to the conclusion that he must have been throwing his body into defenders to get that many trips to the line?

I watched about a quarter and a half, and I didn't see a single illegitimate foul called in his favour.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:30 AM   #9
JPR
Banned

JPR has decent reputation

15 FT attempts...oh no. sounds like the wade that was given free reign the year the HEAT won the championship. wade ain't shiiiit without the refs giving him a free pass to the free throw line. ain't shiiit as in he's no superstar. sure he can bank some two point shots but he's zero threat from 3 and already banged up beyond repair at a tender young age. atleast he got his ring. besides, i'm tired of seeing his father do comericals for that grocery store in East Hazel Crest, IL (2 min from my house) Moo n' Oink.

http://retail.moo-oink.com/stores/other_retailers.html
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:38 AM   #10
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

Wow, let it go...Wade uses his quickness to beat his man and goes to the hoop...Kobe gets nearly as many free throws while taking a lot more perimeter jumpers, Wade is as explosive of a player as there is in this league and I'm tired of fans complaining about his trips to the line.

99% of the players don't have the balls to go to the hole as much as Wade, beacause of the punishment your body takes.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:52 AM   #11
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

So only 4.5 players in the league drive like Wade does? Maybe some percentage of the other 445.5 (assuming there's 450 players on 30 teams in the L) drive to score baskets instead of looking for the nearest defender to crash into.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:54 AM   #12
eurobum
High School Varsity 12th Man

eurobum has no real reputation yet.

Quote:

did you even play basketball, like, ever? guess not. dude thinks it's some kind of code of honor not shooting free throws.
eurobum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:14 AM   #13
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

please point out the topics for me:

corey maggette vs seattle 13/14 ft's
lebron vs nyk 16/22 ft's
kobe vs houston 1st game of the season 18/27 ft's
kevin martin yesterday 16/19 ft's

seriously, im like... jo3y91 is sooooo dumb!!!!

Last edited by loot : 11-18-2007 at 04:16 AM.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:18 AM   #14
SomeBunghole
Banned

SomeBunghole has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurobum
did you even play basketball, like, ever? guess not. dude thinks it's some kind of code of honor not shooting free throws.

I play and coach basketball, moron. And yes, I avoid being fouled if possible. Like making an easy layup quickly, instead of waiting for the guy to jump on me hoping for an "and 1."
SomeBunghole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:24 AM   #15
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I play and coach basketball, moron. And yes, I avoid being fouled if possible. Like making an easy layup quickly, instead of waiting for the guy to jump on me hoping for an "and 1."
I see. That's indeed what Dwyane does all the time. Drives to the rim. Waits for a Sean Williams to jump on his back, then goes for the layup. He really does that you know.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: