Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-18-2007, 04:24 AM   #16
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

btw just out of cuiriousity, what's the record of that team youre coaching and how old are those kids?
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:33 AM   #17
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He's the gal below the fire extinguisher.

bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:38 AM   #18
SomeBunghole
Banned

SomeBunghole has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
btw just out of cuiriousity, what's the record of that team youre coaching and how old are those kids?

I'll ignore your moronic inability to spell correctly, and actually answer. 12-14 as far as the age goes, and 3-0 as far as the record goes.
SomeBunghole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:40 AM   #19
SomeBunghole
Banned

SomeBunghole has an OK reputation so far

And the fact that people aren't upset about the blatant stretching of every rule imaginable shows the decline of the game itself. Isn't anyone bothered that throwing your hands up in the air after being hit qualifies as "act of shooting?" Or that taking two steps after being hit qualifies as above under the guise of continuation? Or that you can slash into the lane, jump into a player and get free throws on account of blocking?
SomeBunghole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:46 AM   #20
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
I'll ignore your moronic inability to spell correctly, and actually answer. 12-14 as far as the age goes, and 3-0 as far as the record goes.

Eh is that how you ignore?
Old 11-18-2007, 04:50 AM   #21
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
please point out the topics for me:
lebron vs nyk 16/22 ft's

seriously, im like... jo3y91 is sooooo dumb!!!!

ye but atleast lebron made 45 points that game wats that 29 from the field. wade made 8 points from the field on 4/17 shooting and still ended up with 23 points.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:51 AM   #22
futurestar35
I airball my layups

futurestar35 has an OK reputation so far

wade = overrated
futurestar35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:58 AM   #23
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo3y91
ye but atleast lebron made 45 points that game wats that 29 from the field. wade made 8 points from the field on 4/17 shooting and still ended up with 23 points.

and the others?
Old 11-18-2007, 05:01 AM   #24
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBunghole

For the record I don't see how a coach of 12-14 year old kids can actually think he knows the game better than a NBA champion.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:10 AM   #25
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

Quote:
and the others?
at least they made more then 8 from the field.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:18 AM   #26
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Quote:
at least they made more then 8 from the field.

ok, so now 8 is the under to make it believable?
Old 11-18-2007, 06:09 AM   #27
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

no but wat im saying is that wade got 23 points and 15 were from the ft line. dnt u find that horrible at all?
Old 11-18-2007, 06:23 AM   #28
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

I don't get your point. Why would you avoid contact and only get two points when you can take the contact, get 3 points and put pressure on the opposition that fouled you? A big reason that guys like Jordan, Bird, Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan and pretty much every all time great, was great was because they not only scored but also put their opponents in foul trouble, when you played a prime Shaq you needed 3 centers.

The ability to finish after contact seperates a solid player from a great player.

Wade, more than any other player, plays a style that will draw fouls, he attacks the paint and rim hard at full speed and with his kind of speed it is near impossible for a defender that didn't preempt Wade's move to beat him to the spot which means its a defensive foul 9 out of 10 times. There are other players that play the same style, they just dont shoot as often. Guys like Tmac, LeBron and Kobe would benefit greatly from doing it more often.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:26 AM   #29
jrong
Revolution untelevised

jrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
no but wat im saying is that wade got 23 points and 15 were from the ft line. dnt u find that horrible at all?

Not in the least-- being from the Philly area originally, I remember Barkley's statlines would often read something like 2-2 FGA, 14 - 16 FTA. You obviously don't like Wade, so you're just drumming up the well-worn free throw issue. Somebody referenced earlier in the thread that on Kobe's opening night he shot twenty-seven foul shots, and Lebron shot twenty-two in his second game. I remember thinking when I read those box scores, "I wonder what people would be saying, if that was Wade...."

Also, it's his third game since a double surgery, so how about giving him a little slack for only for only shooting 4 - 17? His career FG% is close to 50%, and I'm sure he'll get back there soon. Then, you'll have to find some other way to spin your gripes about his free throws.
jrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:30 AM   #30
ShamRockStar
High school junior varsity star

ShamRockStar has an OK reputation so far

is he using quickness or a ridiculous palming violation and a big first step?

I don't care about the FT's, Iverson bothered me much more, Wade doesn't cry constantly and beg for calls that I see. I think the most aggregious part is that he doesn't get called for dribbling violation when he begins his drive often enough if ever, i have never seen it.

Iverson bothered me cause i have literally seen him have tantrums on the court, start jumping up and down, flapping his arms, and he has that whiny face where he practically looks in tears.
ShamRockStar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: