Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2007, 07:50 AM   #31
vinsane01
National High School Star
 
vinsane01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: me live out here
Posts: 2,153
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

No offense to miami heat fans, but in my opinion the 2006 championship was the most boring championship game ever, and D-wade and company (plus an exaggerated amount of unnecessary calls resulting to a mountful of freethrows) made it possible.. Anyone who watched that championship series will admit that if the refs were not overly sensitive on blowing the whistle, dallas might actually won that series, maybe even have swept the opposing squad. That championship series and its result is probably the reason why a lot of players are bashing d-wade and his style of play. I got a lot of respect of wade and how he plays, he does what he does best, and that is shoot some mid range jump shots and drive to the basket... alot. He doesn't jack up threes since he can't.. And guess what his very effective on what he does. But people dont like him for the same reason. I guess people prefer more movement from players rather than seeing them shooting from the line...hey, who doesn't.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:10 AM   #32
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,914
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamRockStar
is he using quickness or a ridiculous palming violation and a big first step?


I don't care about the FT's, Iverson bothered me much more, Wade doesn't cry constantly and beg for calls that I see.

:
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:16 AM   #33
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!
 
jo3y91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: wit yo mamma
Posts: 1,348
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrong
Not in the least-- being from the Philly area originally, I remember Barkley's statlines would often read something like 2-2 FGA, 14 - 16 FTA. You obviously don't like Wade, so you're just drumming up the well-worn free throw issue. Somebody referenced earlier in the thread that on Kobe's opening night he shot twenty-seven foul shots, and Lebron shot twenty-two in his second game. I remember thinking when I read those box scores, "I wonder what people would be saying, if that was Wade...."

Also, it's his third game since a double surgery, so how about giving him a little slack for only for only shooting 4 - 17? His career FG% is close to 50%, and I'm sure he'll get back there soon. Then, you'll have to find some other way to spin your gripes about his free throws.
the thing with bron is he finished with 45 points, he scored 29 from the field, with kobe i think he finished with 40+ he had alot of fieldgoals aswell. my prob is that wade got 23 points and only 8 points were from the field the rest were from the FT
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:02 AM   #34
eurobum
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 755
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
I play and coach basketball, moron. And yes, I avoid being fouled if possible. Like making an easy layup quickly, instead of waiting for the guy to jump on me hoping for an "and 1."

i would pull my kid from your team, if i were a basketball concerned pops. basically, you're raising a bunch of vince carter's that would rather take a fade away and avoid contact at all cost.

your logic does not make sense: "Like making an easy layup quickly, instead of waiting for the guy to jump on me hoping for an 'and 1.'" i don't know if any player in the world would "wait" for a defender as opposed to having an open layup. in those situations a hesitation is often needed, because the defender is right in one's tail. so hesitating/faking is a way to gain leverage securing and maximizing scoring opportunity - not necessarily to get the and-one. the way you describe the predicament seriously makes me laugh. i picture wade being half a court in front of his defender only to brew a nice cop of coffee while waiting for dude to catch up.

and no diss or nothing, but you being a coach for a bunch of 14 year olds doesn't really merit you in any way, at least not until you tell us what kind of league, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
And the fact that people aren't upset about the blatant stretching of every rule imaginable shows the decline of the game itself. Isn't anyone bothered that throwing your hands up in the air after being hit qualifies as "act of shooting?" Or that taking two steps after being hit qualifies as above under the guise of continuation? Or that you can slash into the lane, jump into a player and get free throws on account of blocking?

firstly, i do agree about the decline of the game (but that's a whole other discussion: for the sake of argument let's just assume that there has been a decline in the game). i think you're looking at this the wrong way, SomeBunghole. the evolution of the game and modern athletes has been steered by how much better players are physically, athletically, thereby relying less on fundamentals of the game than before - resulting in a general decline in quality. although superstars, the ones above mediocrity, are a lot more plentiful than ever before - the norm is worse, that's what i mean be "decline."

please read this carefully - i think i must have typed it out in ten different discussions about wade and "throwing into defenders." when a defending player jumps on a shot-fake to attempt a block he is relying on his athleticism, impulsiveness rather than the fundamentals of the game - "what actually to do." naturally when a defender makes that mistake, it is not only "ok" but your duty as on offensive player to take advantage of the mistake and punish the defender for the mistake. STAY ON THE F*CKING GROUND WITH YOUR ARMS UP (any coach will tell you that), especially on the wing, mid range area, etc. for wade to be bashed because he capitalizes on the defender's mistake is laughable. [EDIT: this is, obviously, regarding jump shooting. i'm not saying a defender shouldn't attempt to block at all].

granted, i agree that it is not "pretty" per say, but i've always admired the ability and given credit for high basketball IQ. consider this, five years ago sam cassel was highly praised for being skilled at it, and he was quite good, too. ten years ago, reggie miller was that dude. stern's problem is he caters to the fans rather than the game - whiny fans like you that don't comprehend all facets of the game: "lol, free throws is not a worthy way of scoring, i'm a coach, i know these things." right. keep convincing yourself that.

if players were fundamentally sound like ten, twenty years ago, this wouldn't be an issue and there would be no rule change, because it simply wouldn't happen as often.

adressing "Or that taking two steps after being hit qualifies as above under the guise of continuation?" ... yes, i've never liked that. but understand that the NBA is entertainment. you can't have it all, can you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo3y91
ye but atleast lebron made 45 points that game wats that 29 from the field. wade made 8 points from the field on 4/17 shooting and still ended up with 23 points.

so f*cking what? no doubt that lebron james' mentioned performance was far greater than wade's, but that's not the issue, at all, folks. wade had a poor shooting game, 4-17, but how does that discredit his ability to go to the line? sure, in comparing the two performances, like i said, james' was undoubtedly better, but the issue is free throw shooting itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo3y91
the thing with bron is he finished with 45 points, he scored 29 from the field, with kobe i think he finished with 40+ he had alot of fieldgoals aswell. my prob is that wade got 23 points and only 8 points were from the field the rest were from the FT

i basically covered this already, but will add one last comment. so it's ok to go to the line a lot if you hit your field goals, but if you don't hit the field goals it's bad basketball? yes, logical indeed (and bryant shot 13-32 that game).

Last edited by eurobum : 11-18-2007 at 09:07 AM.
eurobum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:45 AM   #35
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter
 
Richie2k6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Terrordome Team: Nuggets
Posts: 9,906
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Here we go again. Why can't people realize he gets to the line a lot? Why? Is it that hard to realize that he attacks the rim more than anybody else? It's not rocket science.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:58 AM   #36
gpfanz
National High School Star
 
gpfanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,285
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

yup but he is not going to have a long career if he continues like this
gpfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:15 AM   #37
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It
 
ForceOfNature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,146
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
Looks like a typical D-Whistle statline to me

fixed.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:33 AM   #38
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong
 
Human Error's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,366
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Wade attacks the rim more than anybody in the league, that translates into lots of free throws attempts. That's why he's hurt his knees, shoulders, ankles and quads already, that's part of his game. Anybody who bashes Wade for getting more free throws than Nowitzki needs to play the game more.
Human Error is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:46 PM   #39
hito da god
look that way >>>>
 
hito da god's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,206
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

why is wade getting to the line often an issue? it's actually a very logical thing to do... it gets players on the other team in foul trouble, therefore out of the game

i don't think i need to explain what that does to a game, if i do, then you need to pick up a basketball and learn the game before you speak on it
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:26 PM   #40
gabeh1018
Good High School Starter
 
gabeh1018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 806
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

if there are two constants in the world its BULLS posting about how inferior 60, 70s,etc. players would be in todays era...


and this thread...


gabeh1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:28 PM   #41
BFRESH44
College star
 
BFRESH44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coral Gables/Miami, FL
Posts: 3,177
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeh1018
if there are two constants in the world its BULLS posting about how inferior 60, 70s,etc. players would be in todays era...


and this thread...



Truth.

Redundancy beyond believe.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:39 PM   #42
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,630
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
So only 4.5 players in the league drive like Wade does? Maybe some percentage of the other 445.5 (assuming there's 450 players on 30 teams in the L) drive to score baskets instead of looking for the nearest defender to crash into.

Noone in the league drives as much as Wade.The last comparable person was maybe young Iverson.
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:42 PM   #43
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,630
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
I don't get your point. Why would you avoid contact and only get two points when you can take the contact, get 3 points and put pressure on the opposition that fouled you? A big reason that guys like Jordan, Bird, Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan and pretty much every all time great, was great was because they not only scored but also put their opponents in foul trouble, when you played a prime Shaq you needed 3 centers.

The ability to finish after contact seperates a solid player from a great player.

Wade, more than any other player, plays a style that will draw fouls, he attacks the paint and rim hard at full speed and with his kind of speed it is near impossible for a defender that didn't preempt Wade's move to beat him to the spot which means its a defensive foul 9 out of 10 times. There are other players that play the same style, they just dont shoot as often. Guys like Tmac, LeBron and Kobe would benefit greatly from doing it more often.


Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:53 PM   #44
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,630
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Alot of people complain about wade's FT attempts but they don't realize for the amount of times he drives hard to the hoop he doesn't get that many more than people like Kobe who are basically fadeaway jump shooters.
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:56 PM   #45
JPR
Banned
 
JPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,666
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel J
Alot of people complain about wade's FT attempts but they don't realize for the amount of times he drives hard to the hoop he doesn't get that many more than people like Kobe who are basically fadeaway jump shooters.

a lot of people drive to the hoop, take elbows to the face, and don't get the calls. one example is andres nocioni, another is ben gordon. the refs choose who they want to be a star by giving him/them the benefit of the doubt. you see it with real stars like lebron james and then you see it with players like wade.
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:09 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy