Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-18-2007, 10:41 PM   #1
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool
Default How about .5 assists on passes to a foul shooter..

sounds good to me.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:42 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: How about .5 assists on passes to a foul shooter..

while we're at it, let's create the hockey assist as well!

the pass that leads to the pass that leads to the assist should be credited as well because that is just excellent basketball!!!!!!!!!!!!
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:43 PM   #3
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've thought of this before. If he makes both free throws then it's an assist.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:44 PM   #4
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
while we're at it, let's create the hockey assist as well!

the pass that leads to the pass that leads to the assist should be credited as well because that is just excellent basketball!!!!!!!!!!!!

na. I aint feeling this idea. but mine is fair.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:47 PM   #5
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
na. I aint feeling this idea. but mine is fair.
The pass that creates the pass that creates the shot is just as important though (wouldn't this add something like 2 or 3 assists to Tim Duncan's yearly average?). This would of course just make the argument that much more complicated in discussion.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:55 PM   #6
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
I've thought of this before. If he makes both free throws then it's an assist.
I thought that was the rule a while ago.

It should be implemented though.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:58 PM   #7
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

when a fast break is stopped by a foul, the free throws still count toward the fast break points...
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:59 PM   #8
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Freaking Kobe fans...so transparent.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:22 PM   #9
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Changing the assist scoring rules just changes the way in which assists are deceptive as a statistic.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:40 PM   #10
32MJ32
PG, Boonville Jerkoffs

32MJ32 has decent reputation

The NBA is already the most generous league in the world when giving out assists.

FIBA makes you earn them ****s.
32MJ32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:55 PM   #11
bomber
Good college starter

bomber has decent reputationbomber has decent reputation

No I think that would be unfair to the old timers. How about a new stat that gives credit for points scored off of FT's and if there is a pass which leads to an assisting pass that counts also, ala the Hockey Assist.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:55 PM   #12
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

I think it should be a stat, just not included with a regular assist. This stupid BA stat is not as important as when a player assists a teammate, only to have that teammate be fouled and negate the great pass. IMO, it should be a seperate stat like PA (Point Assist), where it only counts if the normal assist criteria are met, and the player who is fouled makes at least 1 point.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:59 PM   #13
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Freaking Kobe fans...so transparent.

Pot, meet kettle. :
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:02 AM   #14
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How about counting excellent passes that should have led to an assist, but was blown by the shooting player? Like Nash passes to a cutting Amare who bricks a dunk. Doesn't mean Nash messed up.

Anyway, I don't really like the idea of changing the assist stats, but while those other things are being considered, why not the thing above?
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:08 AM   #15
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
How about counting excellent passes that should have led to an assist, but was blown by the shooting player? Like Nash passes to a cutting Amare who bricks a dunk. Doesn't mean Nash messed up.

Anyway, I don't really like the idea of changing the assist stats, but while those other things are being considered, why not the thing above?

If stats went to the player who blew it too, Kwame'd lead the league.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: