Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-19-2007, 06:08 AM   #31
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: is Derrick Rose the most talented PG ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeticism707

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w6G_RRGHzfA

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OtZd2koUMrk&feature=related

Derrick Rose > Tony Parker
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:24 AM   #32
kidachi

no. don't hype rose.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:12 AM   #33
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
Bit much like Francis right now.

Best comparison yet.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:42 AM   #34
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

I'm going to ignore the fact that I do not consider Derrick Rose a PG and simply play along....

If you are going by just physical talent (ie. running, jumping, strength, etc) then Rose definitely has a strong case.

If you are talking physical skills plus basketball skills of a PG Rose is not even in the top 10 of the last 5 years worth of PG prospects (counting from potential '08 guys to '03 guys).
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:12 AM   #35
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
I'm going to ignore the fact that I do not consider Derrick Rose a PG and simply play along....

If you are going by just physical talent (ie. running, jumping, strength, etc) then Rose definitely has a strong case.

If you are talking physical skills plus basketball skills of a PG Rose is not even in the top 10 of the last 5 years worth of PG prospects (counting from potential '08 guys to '03 guys).

Exactly. He's a scoring guard who can control the game at the point at times.

He can create for his teammates purely because of his individual ability to get to the basket, not because he's Steve Nash or Jason Kidd out there.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:19 AM   #36
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Exactly. He's a scoring guard who can control the game at the point at times.

He can create for his teammates purely because of his individual ability to get to the basket, not because he's Steve Nash or Jason Kidd out there.
Uh oh. Derrick Rose is currently an ISH favorite. You're about to be labeled a hater.

Same thing happened to me with Darko Milicic.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:20 AM   #37
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Same thing happened to hippos (and to a far lesser extent to me) with Kevin Durant.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:25 AM   #38
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My Kevin Durant prediction has been perfect too. Gobb should be a man and apologize. It was quite obvious he's be Adam Morrison on steroids in his first year.

Quote:
Uh oh. Derrick Rose is currently an ISH favorite. You're about to be labeled a hater.

It's relative though. I still love him and think he's the best pro prospect in the nation (although Beasley is close), but people have to see things for what they are. He's a great individual player. I've said already he's like Wade in that regard. But, he has to become a better long range shooter and if he wants to be a pg in the NBA, he has to think like one....which he doesn't and probably doesn't have the ability to at this moment.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:26 AM   #39
BIZARRO
Local High School Star

BIZARRO has decent reputation

I love D-Rose; watched him alot in Chicago.

But he isn't even the most talented PG ever in Chicago.

That honor goes to Isaiah Thomas.
BIZARRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:30 AM   #40
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
My Kevin Durant prediction has been perfect too. Gobb should be a man and apologize. It was quite obvious he's be Adam Morrison on steroids in his first year.
Sounds similiar to me with Darko. Don't know if you guys rememeber but the projection for Darko was Hakeem Olajuwon. I was called a hater for saying he'd be Raef LaFrentz (Denver).
Old 11-19-2007, 11:35 AM   #41
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Sounds similiar to me with Darko. Don't know if you guys rememeber but the projection for Darko was Hakeem Olajuwon. I was called a hater for saying he'd be Raef LaFrentz (Denver).
Are you sure those weren't upset LaFrentz fans?
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: