Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-18-2007, 11:39 PM   #1
Baretta + Glock
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default 1996 Bulls vs 2001 Lakers who would win??????

well itd be a great series but bulls are just too good chicago in 6 or 7 in a great series. Kobe and Shaq is of course the best duo of all time history in basketball but bulls had something lakers never had Michael Jordan
Baretta + Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:48 PM   #2
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: 1996 Bulls vs 2001 Lakers who would win??????

Really hard to say. Even though Rodman probably would have guarded Shaq a lot like when orlando played Chicago could you imagine prime Shaq head to head with Luc Longley?! I might actually say the Lakers would win just because of the inside/outside combo. Shaq couldn't be stopped then either. he was good for 35 and 15 averages in the finals every year then. Jordan was better than Shaq still and Pippen was better than Kobe but the effect a center has on a game plus a dominant outside scorer might be enough for the Lakers.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:53 PM   #3
Baretta + Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
Really hard to say. Even though Rodman probably would have guarded Shaq a lot like when orlando played Chicago could you imagine prime Shaq head to head with Luc Longley?! I might actually say the Lakers would win just because of the inside/outside combo. Shaq couldn't be stopped then either. he was good for 35 and 15 averages in the finals every year then. Jordan was better than Shaq still and Pippen was better than Kobe but the effect a center has on a game plus a dominant outside scorer might be enough for the Lakers.

Pippen better then Kobe????? r u crazy bro Kobe is the 2nd best player ever. after MJ, and No lakers wouldnt win..... the 96-98 bulls are the best team ever
Old 11-18-2007, 11:58 PM   #4
VCMVP1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baretta + Glock
Pippen better then Kobe????? r u crazy bro Kobe is the 2nd best player ever. after MJ, and No lakers wouldnt win..... the 96-98 bulls are the best team ever

LMFAO! Pippen was a better defender, rebounder, playmaker, passer AND he was more efficient. Did Kobe ever average 8.7 rpg or 7 apg in a season? NO. Did Kobe ever get to the WCF as the leader of a team or take a loaded Knicks team to 7 games as a first option? NO. Kobe wasn't even the best player on his team much less of all time. Shaq was much better than Kobe. Shaq had 38 ppg and 16.7 rpg in the 2000 finals while Kobe had like 15 ppg on like 35% shooting. The next year Shaq put up similar numbers in the finals against DPOY Mutombo and Kobe shot like 39% again.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:00 AM   #5
Baretta + Glock

bro when shaq or pippen score 81 points , when shaq or pippen score 50 plus points 5-6 games in a row...... then we can compare them to Kobe. Bro if you dont agree that Kobe is the best player in the league right now..... then You obviously dont know nun about the league
Old 11-19-2007, 12:04 AM   #6
YAWN
NBA All-star

Last edited by YAWN : 11-19-2007 at 01:58 AM.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:08 AM   #7
raid09
Local High School Star

Quote:
bro when shaq or pippen score 81 points , when shaq or pippen score 50 plus points 5-6 games in a row...... then we can compare them to Kobe. Bro if you dont agree that Kobe is the best player in the league right now..... then You obviously dont know nun about the league

Because one regular season performance defines a player, right?

You are very quickly becoming the worst poster on this board.
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:08 AM   #8
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

The thing is the Bulls swept the 60 win Magic and had their way with the 64 win Sonics, for the exception of games 4 and 5. The question is, were the 1996 Magic and 1996 Sonics better than the 2001 Lakers?
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:26 AM   #9
WeJustNeedaRing
I brick open layups

Quote:
LMFAO! Pippen was a better defender, rebounder, playmaker, passer AND he was more efficient. Did Kobe ever average 8.7 rpg or 7 apg in a season? NO. Did Kobe ever get to the WCF as the leader of a team or take a loaded Knicks team to 7 games as a first option? NO. Kobe wasn't even the best player on his team much less of all time. Shaq was much better than Kobe. Shaq had 38 ppg and 16.7 rpg in the 2000 finals while Kobe had like 15 ppg on like 35% shooting. The next year Shaq put up similar numbers in the finals against DPOY Mutombo and Kobe shot like 39% again.

First of all ur just huge vince carter dick rider. And second kobe like the man said is the best thing since jordan played. Kobe would make pippen look like a little baby on the court. Dont ever say Scottie Pippen is even close to kb24, bryant is the most powerful scorer we have in the game today, all pippen did was ride jordans back every year.
WeJustNeedaRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:29 AM   #10
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeJustNeedaRing
First of all ur just huge vince carter dick rider. And second kobe like the man said is the best thing since jordan played. Kobe would make pippen look like a little baby on the court. Dont ever say Scottie Pippen is even close to kb24, bryant is the most powerful scorer we have in the game today, all pippen did was ride jordans back every year.

Normally, I'd agree with that, but after Pippen's 1993-94 season, it was obvious he was a very talented player and could lead a team. We knew he had talent, but that season proved he could be the first option. As far as Kobe, a prime Pippen(assuming it's 90s rules) would be just fine against Kobe. Kobe would still score, but certainly not 30 PPG.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:33 AM   #11
VCMVP1551

Quote:

First of all what does me being a VC fan have to do with anything. Kobe is not the best thing since Jordan otherwise he wouldn't have been the SECOND BEST player on that 3peat team! What does Kobe do better than Scottie besides shooting and scoring? NOTHING. Pippen was a SUPERIOR defender, passer, rebounder, playmaker and he was more versatile and efficient. I don't recall Kobe shooting 50% in a season.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:35 AM   #12
Baretta + Glock

na bro pippen is one of the best small forwards ever but come On Kobe ure fukin crazy..... Kobe is almost as good as jordan as a matter of fact kobe scores more then Jordan did.....
Old 11-19-2007, 12:36 AM   #13
WeJustNeedaRing
I brick open layups

Quote:
First of all what does me being a VC fan have to do with anything. Kobe is not the best thing since Jordan otherwise he wouldn't have been the SECOND BEST player on that 3peat team! What does Kobe do better than Scottie besides shooting and scoring? NOTHING. Pippen was a SUPERIOR defender, passer, rebounder, playmaker and he was more versatile and efficient. I don't recall Kobe shooting 50% in a season.

What i recall is kobe basically being there every time it counts. Pippen is not better face the fact. delete thread
WeJustNeedaRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:36 AM   #14
VCMVP1551

Quote:

bro when Kobe has 3 straight finals mvps, a scoring title, finishes second in DPOY or averages 38 and 17 in the finals then we can compare him to Shaq. Or when he shoots 50% from the field in a season, leads his team somewhere in the playoffs as the main guy, averages 8.7 rpg in a season or 7 apg in a season then we can compare him to Scottie Pippen. How about when Kobe gets 6 rings too!
Old 11-19-2007, 12:40 AM   #15
VCMVP1551

Quote:
What i recall is kobe basically being there every time it counts. Pippen is not better face the fact. delete thread

Oh there when it counts hmmm ok...you mean when Kobe shot 35% and averaged under 16 ppg in the 2000 finals? Oh no you must be talking about when he shot 39% in the 2001 finals....nah wait i think you mean when he shot like 33% in the 2004 finals and had just like 3 rpg and 4 apg and was Tayshaun Prince's b*tch! he has had 1 good finals series in the 4 times he has been to the finals! You just got destroyed now move along.

Last edited by VCMVP1551 : 11-19-2007 at 12:46 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: