Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-19-2007, 01:12 AM   #31
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation
Default Re: 1996 Bulls vs 2001 Lakers who would win??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
anyone with common knowledge that isnt a fan boy knows kobe > pippen...i hope youre kidding.

Hello fan boy. Watch some classic Bulls games, and you will see the only thing Kobe has on Pippen is scoring.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:14 AM   #32
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
anyone with common knowledge that isnt a fan boy knows kobe > pippen...i hope youre kidding.

You mean anyone who only looks at scoring as a skill?
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:47 AM   #33
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

beau_boy04 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeJustNeedaRing
Bro stop bringing up Jordans sidekick please. Kobe Bryant is the best basketball player on this earth we have today. We've never said that about Scottie so you really should think about what your arguing about.

I think we are all getting out of subject here. In 2001 Kobe Bryant wasn't even a top ten player let alone the best player on earth.
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:52 AM   #34
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

beau_boy04 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baretta + Glock
well itd be a great series but bulls are just too good chicago in 6 or 7 in a great series. Kobe and Shaq is of course the best duo of all time history in basketball but bulls had something lakers never had Michael Jordan

MJ+Pippen+Rodman+Defense >>> Shaq+Kobe

Bulls in 5
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:56 AM   #35
gabeh1018
Good High School Starter

gabeh1018 has an OK reputation so far

actually the real question is who is more efficient or effective within a team??

that would be scottie pippen....

i mean hell that 3-peat you could have given them any decent SG and they would have won...

shaq made and can still make everyone AROUND HIM BETTER!! and gives them career years and gets them great contracts..

ask damon jones or jason kapano to name a few...

yes kobe is a better individual scorer than anyone in the league, but that does that make him more valuable to a team?!?!?!
gabeh1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:33 AM   #36
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
bro when shaq or pippen score 81 points , when shaq or pippen score 50 plus points 5-6 games in a row...... then we can compare them to Kobe. Bro if you dont agree that Kobe is the best player in the league right now..... then You obviously dont know nun about the league
What kind of idiot talks like this? Bro, bro, bro. What are you Cuban? Idiot.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:23 AM   #37
poeticism707
Local High School Star

poeticism707 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Pippen better then Kobe????? r u crazy bro Kobe is the 2nd best player ever. after MJ, and No lakers wouldnt win..... the 96-98 bulls are the best team ever

I don't know which is funnier, saying Kobe is the second best player ever (he does well to crack the top 20), OR that MJ is the GOAT (it's Bill Russell)...

Probably that Kobe is the second great player ever is the funnier of the two, because it is much more disproportionate to reality.
poeticism707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:41 AM   #38
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far

Some serious BS being spouted in this thread. It would be a close close series. The 2001 lakers were a machine in the playoffs and Kobe was a MANSTER all through the playoffs until we played the sixers and he turned his game down and smartly so to increase shaq's touches. The 1996 Bulls had everything apart from shaq. I would possibly sacrifice the next 5 years of NBA finals just to watch this series.
PS.People who think Pippen was a better player then the 2001 Kobe get the fuck outta here. Anyone who has actually watched the game for longer then 5 years, played it and loves it should know Kobe is the better player. Pippen was amazing but seriously a rebound and an assist doesn't equate to 8 points or whatever Kobe was giving you at that point and that's purely from a statistical perspective. Watch the game kids.
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:02 AM   #40
kidachi

Quote:
Pippen better then Kobe????? r u crazy bro Kobe is the 2nd best player ever. after MJ, and No lakers wouldnt win..... the 96-98 bulls are the best team ever

yeah, i agree bulls would win that.

but why are you asking if you wouldn't take other's opinion?

:)
Old 11-19-2007, 08:07 PM   #41
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

That's a tough one ... though I still take Jordan to win out. I can't bet against him. No way, no how. Guy's insane. He would drive himself up the wall to prove he was better then the "new guy" aka KB8.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:24 PM   #42
305Baller
Maybe I'm a sophist.

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board

This ones a tough one for all th reasons mentioned. Its hard to bet against Jordan...but this may have been his downfall.

Shaq MDE.
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:25 PM   #43
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Baller
Shaq MDE.
Not as dominant as Jordan. And Jordan had his number, all but one time when he had just returned to a professional game he hadn't played at that level in a year and a half.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:30 PM   #44
305Baller
Maybe I'm a sophist.

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board

Yeah I remember that. Jordan got the ball stolen away at crunch time. Never again.
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:33 PM   #45
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Yup. And Jordan was still having his way w/ folks that series. And was still probably the best player in the game, and he didn't even have his swag back. He dunked on Shaq two or three times during that series. Check this ...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2xso1KXY7ok

Jordan was NEVER intimidated by Shaq. In fact, I felt the complete opposite. I think Shaq was intimidated by MJ. Though he'd never admit it. Shaq wasn't crowned MDE until he played against the downfall of the Center era. Shaq routinely got *****ed by Hakeem when they went at it back in the day. So no way in hell is Shaq MDE, when Olajawoun was the better player. Let alone MJ.

BTW, this is 32 year old JORDAN.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: