Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 06-07-2006, 09:22 PM   #1
computerblue
Can barely lace up my sneakers

computerblue has an OK reputation so far
Default Denver Nuggets - should they rebuild

i was very happy with the direction they were going but now i think they need to start thinking about rebuilding. they are a good team, but nothing more. anyone got any ideas on what we should do?

in my opinion, kenyon martin needs to pack up, he has done nothing for us, we have a better record without him to prove it. franscisco elson is one of the worst basketball players on the face of the earth, he needs to go as well. im not a huge nene fan either. overall i dont like our post players besides camby. anthony is the building block, but he needs help on the wings. we need a shooting guard in the worst way. greg buckner, dermarr johnson, ruben patterson, are you kidding me? get him some help. andre miller cant shoot a three pointer, earl boykins cant pass the ball. both need to go. if we can find a decent shooting guard i say keep miller, but if not make some form of deal that works under the salary cap for mike james.
computerblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:56 PM   #2
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Build the team around camby. Hes a beast. Once you get Nene back you guys will be rocking. And create some versatility with melo
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:01 PM   #3
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

J-Memphis has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Build the team around camby. Hes a beast.

Yea, thats it. Hes old. Injured 80% of his career, and plays one side of the ball. Lets not build around a 22 yr old stud whos one of the clutchest kids in the game.

Also, how long will Denver go around without a real SG? Theyre not legit til they fix that problem.
J-Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:03 PM   #4
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

I doubt Nene will be returning. He voiced his displeasure last year because he wants to be a starter in the league and with Camby and Kmart on the team that won't happen. Kmart could be traded in the offseason, but if not, look for Nene to go elsewhere.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:36 AM   #5
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

They need to get something out of the SG position. They have an elite SF. One of the top centers, a good PF and a great PG. They just get nothing from the SG spot and with Nene out they got nothing from their bench either.

They need to add depth and a SG and they are good to go. Unfortunately they are also injury prone and Camby is getting old.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:57 AM   #6
hipballinjigga
Berkshire is the Woods

hipballinjigga has decent reputation
Default imo

I would like to see Denver sign a good jump shooter or wide open shooter. JJ Redick would be good in this role. For free agents, they should look for a SG no matter what. This may seem off the wall, but if they could bring in Latrell Sprewell, they could do well.

What I would like to see the most is for them to get a BIGGER scoring PG to start and move Andre over to the shooting guard spot. Andre can flat out score, but seems to be a bit too passive. That is because he understands his responsibilty on getting others involved. If he doesn't have to be the point man, he may loosen up and blossom even more.
hipballinjigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:09 AM   #7
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far

They're aren't as good because Melo isn't as good as advertised. The only thing the guy does above average is score and some guys have the guts to say he's better than Vince. I call Melo a Rashad Lewis that's allowed more touches. Lewis may even be better for all Jerm knows.
By the way, George Karl should be fired. He got utterly raped tactically by Mike Dunleavy.

Last edited by Jerm : 06-08-2006 at 01:12 AM.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:34 AM   #8
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Signing Carmelo Anthony to that max contract will be the end to your franchise.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:36 AM   #9
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Denver needs a shooter in the worst way. Greg Buckner's your best 3 point shooter? I'd say that's a sign for the worst.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:43 AM   #10
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Nah they shouldn't rebuild but I'd definitely make a couple trades and sign a free agent with the MLE. For one they gotta get rid of Kenyon. They also MUST re-sign Nene IMO. They obviously need a 2 guard that can shoot but they also need some shooting off the bench. Probably bring in 1-2 people with the MLE to shoot off the bench.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:53 AM   #11
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

They gotta do something about the chemistry issues.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:08 AM   #12
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

They should go after Sam Cassell. Forget Andre Miller.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:11 AM   #13
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

If they rebuild who do they keep

Melo

Who else.
What can you get for
Andre Miller
Camby
NeNe
KMart
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:57 AM   #14
Inspector Rick
Great young streetballer

Inspector Rick has an OK reputation so far

Redick would fit nicely. Your not required to give him touches, but when you do, the man can flat out bomb, and he will help open up the floor for Melo, (defenses fully colapse cuz theres no one else on that roster who warrnats any attention).

Hell, even a player like Derek Anderson would be a great addition to the team. Someone whos not Greg Buckner basically.

Last edited by Inspector Rick : 06-08-2006 at 04:00 AM.
Inspector Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:03 AM   #15
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

melo is the foundation. use kmart/miller as trade bait to get a higher pick in the draft. then draft someone like roy, redick, ager...
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: