Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 06-08-2006, 04:06 AM   #16
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They should try to trade Martin to another team for garbage and a pick that guarantees them Reddick. This way they kind of rebuild, but they remain competitive.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:48 AM   #17
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

How do you trade Martin though? He has chemsitry problems, a stupid contract and his stock is low. Best case is you get someone elses problems for him, Boozer, Marbury or someone like that. Boozer probably makes the most sense.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:08 AM   #18
computerblue
Can barely lace up my sneakers

computerblue has an OK reputation so far

drew gooden is being tossed around, jamal magloire, and others.

trust me everyone, carmelo is legit. everyone in denver thought he was overrated his first two years. took awful shots, wasnt in that great of shape, wasnt a leader. he was amazing this year, without him there is no way we would have been close to the playoffs. the only thing i want to see him do more of is rebound, with his body and athleticism 8 boards a game should be expected.

here are the players i would keep:

marcus camby-kiki locked him up. hes gonna be here for a while, right now its going pretty good with him in the middle, but he takes too many possession killing shots. still one of the best defensively and is very athletic for a big man.

carmelo anthony-is a beast

eduardo najera-every team needs a guy like him. in an ideal situation he wouldnt play as much, but just having him there does something for your team.

linas kleiza-the guy flashed terrific potential last year, albeit in garbage minutes. very athletic and can shoot the three ball well.

andre miller-hes on the border with me. keep him because you cant just plug in point guards, but he cant shoot past 15 feet.

nene-ill give him one more year to prove he can start in the league

dermarr johnson-the perfect situation for him would be phoenix. if denver utilized his talents, he would be averaging 15 a game.

ruben patterson-depth and defense. thats all. dont take anything past twelve feet though, please, your shot is so broke looking.

reggie evans-rebounding machine. good depth

get rid of
kenyon martin-injuries are derailing what could have been a spectacular career, nene was better than he was, being unproven and everything

greg buckner-hes a good defensive player, but takes far too many shots

earl boykins-with martin, the most overrated player on the nuggets. this is ridiculous, but you have to believe me. he must have caused at least sixty shot clock violations this year with the amount of time he spends dribbling the ball around the perimeter. he hurts this team so much.

fransisco elson-one of the worst players in the nba, but he was getting quality minutes with us.

we dont have a first round pick this year, so we are missing out on all the shooters it seems. hopefully we pull a trade that nabs a pick. if not, i hope allan ray from villanova lasts till 49.

lastly, george karl, you need to either get players who run or get players who play defense, but when you get players who play half court basketball but no defense, you are screwed.
computerblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:11 AM   #19
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Boozer probably makes the most sense.
Maybe, but I donīt think Martin is Sloan's type of player
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:30 AM   #20
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Hell, even a player like Derek Anderson would be a great addition to the team. Someone whos not Greg Buckner basically.

No. Trust me.... heh... He's terrible. I liked him for awhile as a Blazer.. but he'll go through 20-game shooting slumps and break out of it.. then get injured.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 08:43 AM   #21
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Maybe, but I donīt think Martin is Sloan's type of player

Stupid with a big ego. I think you have a point there :).

At the same time though, maybe taking the media away will help KMart mature. Boozer seems to have run out of time. I mean KMarts value is low, stupidest thing to do if they plan on trading him was to suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team. Thats like putting a do not trade for me tag on him.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 08:48 AM   #22
i am a witness

Exclamation Give Carmelo a chance

Everyone knows that most teams who win championships are built on star power. I really like the way the Cavs built around Lebron James. They gave him the freedom to be "the man", and they carefully built around him each year. It seems to me as if the Nuggets are just throwing a bunch of different pieces onto the team, and not designated their true star: Camelo. Get rid of Andre Miller, Earl Boykins, Kenyon Martin. The Nuggets desperately need a real point guard who can rally get the ball in the hands of Carmelo. Neither Boykins or Miller fit that bill. They also need someone who is capable of stretching the defense. It could be a pg, sg, or sf, but they desperately need perimeter shooting. It's time to rebuild. This team will be good every year, but they will never make it any further than the second round with this current roster.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:49 AM   #23
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

BeckDiggLer has no real reputation yet.

Computer Blue wrote a freakin Book, the answer is hell no, all they need is a two guard with some range.
BeckDiggLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 05:48 PM   #24
douglaspuckett12
Can barely lace up my sneakers

douglaspuckett12 has an OK reputation so far

Need to trade miller for a pg that can actually atleast hit a 15 footer and of course a freaking sg someday.
douglaspuckett12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 12:15 AM   #25
Ben mc
I brick open layups

Ben mc has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am a witness
Everyone knows that most teams who win championships are built on star power. I really like the way the Cavs built around Lebron James. They gave him the freedom to be "the man", and they carefully built around him each year. It seems to me as if the Nuggets are just throwing a bunch of different pieces onto the team, and not designated their true star: Camelo. Get rid of Andre Miller, Earl Boykins, Kenyon Martin. The Nuggets desperately need a real point guard who can rally get the ball in the hands of Carmelo. Neither Boykins or Miller fit that bill. They also need someone who is capable of stretching the defense. It could be a pg, sg, or sf, but they desperately need perimeter shooting. It's time to rebuild. This team will be good every year, but they will never make it any further than the second round with this current roster.

im with you there, the players on this team are an absolute mess.
i dont think major rebuilding is necessary, but boykins and kenyon are seriously hampering this teams success. andre should probably go too, hes just not good enough at shooting.
Ben mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:29 PM   #26
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation
Default My proposal for a quick remodel.

Here is my trade proposal:

Nuggets receive:
G Cuttino Mobley
G Sam Cassell
F Tim Thomas
Option to swap 1st round picks 2007

Clippers receive:
C/F Kenyon Martin
PG Andre Miller
SG J.R. Smith

Coach Dunleavy could set K-Mart and J.R. straight. Andre will be a good career backup to Shaun Livingston and make the bench better. K-Mart would give athleticism next to Elton Brand, and they would make each other better. Smith would give Livingston an option along with Corey Maggette in transition. He would have the opportunity to be a star at SG.

On the other end of the spectrum, the Nuggets get a good second option to Carmelo Anthony in Cuttino Mobley, along with great 3 point shooting. Sam Cassell would give Denver the opportunity to win NOW, and Thomas would give another shooter and an option in transition, and Denver would be given the opportunity to trade selections with L.A. in '07 and maybe pick up a PG like Gabe Pruitt of USC. Thomas also takes pressure off Mobley to do all the shooting.

*Another thing I would do if I was Denver is try to get Mike Gansey. I don't know if he is available, but he would also help Denver shoot the ball better.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:31 PM   #27
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

*Add Earl Boykins to L.A. and a second round pick to Denver. This way Denver gets rid of another bug, and gets a 2nd rounder in return to make up for the loss of 2 picks to Chicago in the J.R. Smith trade.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: