Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2007, 10:47 AM   #1
Younggrease
Banned
 
Younggrease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,767
Default Why is Hinrich not labeled a chucker??

I look at his career and I see this..

year 1 38%
year 2 39%
year 3 41%
year 4 44% his best year
This year 31%

Then I look at him play and see him taking horrible shots he doesnt even come close to making and not accepting the limiitations on his talents. He is over aggressive on defense and it leads to foul trouble. He isnt a good playmaker either. But for some reason he gets a pass and always has, why???
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:49 AM   #2
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World
 
loot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,381
Default Re: Why is Hinrich not labeled a chucker??

because he shoots 3 times a game.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:52 AM   #3
Younggrease
Banned
 
Younggrease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,767
Default Re: Why is Hinrich not labeled a chucker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
because he shoots 3 times a game.


yea 3 horrible shots that he never makes.

Dude is just a 2 guard pretending to be a pg who cant shoot a decent percentage. There are players who are called chuckers for shooting 45-46%...this guy has hardly any pg skills and gets a free pass for horrible shooting and bad shot selection and bad decesion making

Last edited by Younggrease : 11-19-2007 at 10:55 AM.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:54 AM   #4
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World
 
loot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,381
Default Re: Why is Hinrich not labeled a chucker??

he hit 45% last year. he's often shooting the ball when time has run out. he prfefers to set up the offense and let gordon and deng score. which is why both have more fg attempts a game.


next.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:55 AM   #5
saKf
Roy = my new fave.
 
saKf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Not offended by low scores.
Posts: 4,206
Default Re: Why is Hinrich not labeled a chucker??

Additionally, lots of defensive attention is payed to Hinrich and Gordon because there's nothing on the inside to make defenses pay attention to that area of the floor. The last two times I watched the Bulls, it was ridiculous to me the amount of work Hinrich and Gordon had to do to get a good shot off.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:59 AM   #6
Younggrease
Banned
 
Younggrease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,767
Default Re: Why is Hinrich not labeled a chucker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Additionally, lots of defensive attention is payed to Hinrich and Gordon because there's nothing on the inside to make defenses pay attention to that area of the floor. The last two times I watched the Bulls, it was ridiculous to me the amount of work Hinrich and Gordon had to do to get a good shot off.


but no one else gets this excuse...There have beens tons of teams with no inside presence and I never hear that. I dont hear it for Kevin Martin (doesnt need the excuse)and I sure didnt hear it for Mike Bibby last year. I didnt hear it for AI in Philly or Gilbert or a ton of other guards who shot a low percentage with no low post presence.

Why isnt Hinrich a chucker but people jump at going after Gilberts fg%??
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:04 AM   #7
saKf
Roy = my new fave.
 
saKf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Not offended by low scores.
Posts: 4,206
Default Re: Why is Hinrich not labeled a chucker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
but no one else gets this excuse...There have beens tons of teams with no inside presence and I never hear that. I dont hear it for Kevin Martin (doesnt need the excuse)and I sure didnt hear it for Mike Bibby last year. I didnt hear it for AI in Philly or Gilbert or a ton of other guards who shot a low percentage with no low post presence.

Why isnt Hinrich a chucker but people jump at going after Gilberts fg%??
You didn't hear it for Bibby or Martin, but Chicago could really use as much inside offense as even Sacramento has. If Chicago had a Reef or a Brad Miller, the perimeter players would have an easier job. You didn't hear it for Bibby because he spent most of the year with an injured hand shooting under 40%.

And the difference between Hinrich's and Arenas's shot selection is pretty darn big. I don't need to explain that one.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:06 AM   #8
Younggrease
Banned
 
Younggrease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,767
Default Re: Why is Hinrich not labeled a chucker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
You didn't hear it for Bibby or Martin, but Chicago could really use as much inside offense as even Sacramento has. If Chicago had a Reef or a Brad Miller, the perimeter players would have an easier job. You didn't hear it for Bibby because he spent most of the year with an injured hand shooting under 40%.

And the difference between Hinrich's and Arenas's shot selection is pretty darn big. I don't need to explain that one.

Not for the 10 games played so far.. He has a Gilbert-like shot selection this year..and what makes it worst is he isnt talented enough to make the shots he is taking
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:08 AM   #9
saKf
Roy = my new fave.
 
saKf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Not offended by low scores.
Posts: 4,206
Default Re: Why is Hinrich not labeled a chucker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
Not for the 10 games played so far.. He has a Gilbert-like shot selection this year..and what makes it worst is he isnt talented enough to make the shots he is taking
Now it's just flat-out opinion, and I disagree with you.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:48 AM   #10
eeeeeebro
National High School Star
 
eeeeeebro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,492
Default Re: Why is Hinrich not labeled a chucker??

he is a chucker end of story next topic =)
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:13 PM   #11
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick
 
Valliant13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,023
Default Re: Why is Hinrich not labeled a chucker??

Because he doesn't take that many shots. Were he more offensively active he would be close...but he more a poor shooter that passes a lot, than a chucker at this point.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:17 PM   #12
Optimus Prime
:\
 
Optimus Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Intertubes
Posts: 3,835
Default Re: Why is Hinrich not labeled a chucker??

Because no one has cared about the Bulls since 1998...
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:20 PM   #13
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick
 
Valliant13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,023
Default Re: Why is Hinrich not labeled a chucker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease

Why isnt Hinrich a chucker but people jump at going after Gilberts fg%??

Because Hinrich doesn't talk about how he's going to drop 50 on so and so, and shut down the Celtics...and prove the whole world how he's the greatest ever. When you talk that much ****...then shoot 32%, you are going to get crap back.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:22 PM   #14
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,991
Default Re: Why is Hinrich not labeled a chucker??

Anyone who knows Younggrease knows what he's trying to imply here.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:26 PM   #15
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick
 
Valliant13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,023
Default Re: Why is Hinrich not labeled a chucker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Anyone who knows Younggrease knows what he's trying to imply here.

God...is this another Kobe thing?
I don't understand how fans of a player that good, can be that insecure and fanatical about other peoples perception of him. It's like some sort of deranged religion. What is it about the guy that just unbalances people.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:42 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy