Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-19-2007, 02:53 PM   #1
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far
Default In the last 4 days I've seen the: Bulls, Suns, Knicks and Nuggets Live...

And here are my thoughts:

Nov 15th, Bulls at Suns, 2nd Row Seats (I put this because I've seen/heard the players up close and their expressions)

Suns Thoughts

The Suns are 9-2, but there is something wrong here. In my 4 years watching almost every game with this team, this is, without a doubt the weakest IMO. Amare is still lost and immature a lot of the time. He picks up fouls in bunches and quick, and has played under 30 mpg in the past two games because of it. He had 5 against Chicago and four of them didn't need to happen, and I noticed glares and looks from his teammates when he picked them up.

I don't like how many threes Grant Hill is shooting (and missing) and I still don't like D' Antoni's rotation. Don't be surprised to see Nash and the gang worn down during the playoffs again in order to get regular season wins.

Bulls Thoughts

This team is lost, flat out and they don't have a coach or PLAYER to take over and get them on track. The captain, Ben Wallace, has played over 30 minutes ONCE, and isn't a leader on the floor, and Skiles isn't a leader anywhere. You should have seen the dirty looks and frustration on the faces of the Bulls players.

SKiles high school-esque coaching (taking players out for a mistake) is wearing on the Bulls and you can see it in their body language, faces and demeanor. It is hard for any of them to get into rhythm at all.

November 17th, Knicks at Nuggets, 3rd Row Seats

Nuggets Thoughts

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Nuggets fight deep into the playoffs. They are just loaded with firepower, but unlike other teams with a lot of talent (Knicks), they don't play selfishly.

The Nuggets defense needs to get better if they want to be a legit contender, but the thing is they can play very good team defense when the WANT TO. They need to bring the defensive energy a lot more.

I knew A.I. was small, but never realized HOW small until I saw him up close. I'd say he's closer to 5'8" or somewhere around there, but at this age he still was the quickest player on the floor. Carmelo can score whenever he wants and he should be taking 20+ shots per game, period.

Camby was impressive grabbing 20 boards. K-Mart needs to focus on playing instead of "looking good" or "games" while playing. If he was focused on only defense and rebounding, this team would be better off. More often than not, he was joking with players and unfocused.

Knicks Thoughts

This, by far, was the worst team out of the four. Eddy Curry literally got winded and tired after 3 times up and down the floor (and that's why he doesn't get many rebounds). He's so winded he doesn't even try for them.

The Knicks looked completely on different pages on both ends of the floor, and have ZERO chemistry. David Lee was VERY impressive. Zach Randolph was always complaining and trash talking instead of playing and loses focus during the games. I liked Mardy Collins (he is a BIG pg) and gives them some nice options. Jared Jefferies is a legit 6'11" or 7'0". He was the tallest player on the floor (outside of Camby) which surprised me.

This team basically has no clue on either the defensive or offensive end, which should be attributed to the coach as much as the players. Curry and Randolph don't work well together at all. They are both just so big and both need to be on the block.

The starting line-up for the Knicks SHOULD be:

Collins/Robinson
Crawford
Q-Rich
Randolph
Lee

I think it is more balanced with inside outside punch AND rebounding and toughness.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:07 PM   #2
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: In the last 4 days I've seen the: Bulls, Suns, Knicks and Nuggets Live...

interesting takes on all the teams. Fairly sound assessments IMO

Poor Knicks, will they ever pull out of this tailspin?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:11 PM   #3
Hotbullets
High School Varsity 6th Man

Hotbullets has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: In the last 4 days I've seen the: Bulls, Suns, Knicks and Nuggets Live...

Interesting read. I'm starting to like David Lee as well, he's really a good player and he has improved a lot. I would also start him.
Hotbullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:17 PM   #4
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
interesting takes on all the teams. Fairly sound assessments IMO

Poor Knicks, will they ever pull out of this tailspin?

One of the major things was the Randolph/Curry combo. They are both so big, that having them both on the block doesn't work as between them and their defenders, there was no room to operate, and neither is effective from the wing (Zach Randolph's shot was U-G-L-Y).

Plus those two were both horrendously out of shape (although it WAS in Denver). Curry is HUGE, but he rarely uses his body/weight to his advantage. When he DID, it was a guaranteed basket, but since he is so big, people fight him harder and he got tired fighting for position and would just give up.

Marbury looked as if good give a flying f### about the game. He was just running through motions and needs to be gone from that team.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:44 PM   #5
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Isn't Amare jsut returning from an injury of some sort. You also caught the Knicks after the "I've got so much dirt on him..." incident so them looking in shambles shouldn't be a shock.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:49 PM   #6
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Isn't Amare jsut returning from an injury of some sort. You also caught the Knicks after the "I've got so much dirt on him..." incident so them looking in shambles shouldn't be a shock.

Yes, Amare is injured, but him picking up stupid fouls has nothing to do with that. Its a problem he's had his entire career. I thought with more seasoning he'd be better.

In the last game, I believe he picked up 4 fouls in 4 minutes or something like that. He has no discipline and can't play with fouls. He is AVERAGING 4 fouls per game, and has found himself on the bench more often than not, and it is a problem that always keep up, and gets magnified during the playoffs.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:57 PM   #7
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxSuperStar
Yes, Amare is injured, but him picking up stupid fouls has nothing to do with that. Its a problem he's had his entire career. I thought with more seasoning he'd be better.

In the last game, I believe he picked up 4 fouls in 4 minutes or something like that. He has no discipline and can't play with fouls. He is AVERAGING 4 fouls per game, and has found himself on the bench more often than not, and it is a problem that always keep up, and gets magnified during the playoffs.
Oh sorry. I wasn't suggesting it was excusable. I was just double-checking Amare's health status.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:01 PM   #8
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Amare is not really Amare yet. You can tell he is still a step slow in defensive rotations, and that leaves him open to stupid fouls. This applies to the offensive end of the floor as well. He's not moving as well as he usually does.

I'm hoping that when he is Amare, he'll be a little better on D. He actually did a good job on Yao the other night.

You also have to figure in that a good portion of Amare's fouls are offensive fouls as well. He's forced too many things, and his mind is working faster than his body can move right now.

I don't know if he'll get any better, but I'm hoping he will as the season moves on.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:04 PM   #9
Da KO King

How was Shawn Marion's body language and interactions with the team?
Old 11-19-2007, 04:11 PM   #10
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
I've watched every Suns game so far, haven't seen one in person. The one thing our local media has said about Shawn so far in a negative way is that he doesn't smile as much as he has in the past. Take that for what it's worth.

Other than that, from what I have seen or read, Marion on the floor is fine. Marion with his teammates have been fine. I've seen him joking on the bench with his team, and doesn't seem to be missing a beat.

I don't think there is a problem with his teammates. It's the FO and the non-existent contract extension that had him mad.

Last edited by Rab : 11-19-2007 at 04:14 PM.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:12 PM   #11
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxSuperStar
Bulls Thoughts

This team is lost, flat out and they don't have a coach or PLAYER to take over and get them on track. The captain, Ben Wallace, has played over 30 minutes ONCE, and isn't a leader on the floor, and Skiles isn't a leader anywhere. You should have seen the dirty looks and frustration on the faces of the Bulls players.

SKiles high school-esque coaching (taking players out for a mistake) is wearing on the Bulls and you can see it in their body language, faces and demeanor. It is hard for any of them to get into rhythm at all.

Paxson has to be loving the fact that Skiles didn't play a healthy Thomas against a big Lakers team until halfway through the 3rd, and only 9 minutes versus the Clippers. Not to mention the fact that Noah and Gray are collecting splinters on the bench while old ass Adrian Griffin is getting playing time.

He has to go. The players have to be sick of his BS. Now it's up to Paxson to grow a pair and do something about it. Promote Pete Myers or some other assistant to head coach if Reinsdorf is going to be cheap about bringing in a new guy this season. Just fire him already.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:21 PM   #12
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Chuck Thou NBA has decent reputationChuck Thou NBA has decent reputation

Great analys of in game action my man. My question: Have you ever seen a player as exciting as Charles Barkley?
Chuck Thou NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:38 PM   #13
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

Quote:

Yeah didn't notice anything out of the norm with him. If I walked blind into the game and you said "who was the player that everyone didn't like?" My answer would be Amare or Diaw.

Nash and other shot those guys dirty looks the most. Amare because he does dumb things and Diaw because he has wide open two foot lay-ups, but seems a pass out to three is better.

Marion will complain three more times this year about something or other, but I think they players are like "That's just Shawn," at this point.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:32 PM   #14
ChiBulls7
www.droseroy.com

ChiBulls7 has decent reputationChiBulls7 has decent reputation

heh, I was at the Bulls/Suns game as well. We must have been pretty close, I had 5th row, baseline (section 114). I noticed the same things for the most part, Diaw seemed to get the looks far more than Amare did. Amare's fouls were a bit ridiculous, he does seem a little more aware on D than in previous years though. Barbosa just didn't seem to ever miss from 3pt land, and I agree with your thoughts on Hill. His midrange game is so smooth as are his drives, I hate seeing him camping out at the 3pt line.

As far as the bulls go, IMO Skiles just made some ridiculous moves throughout the games. Duhon is a solid backup, but he shouldn't have taken away from a heating up Ben Gordon. I could sense the frustration all around from them. Noah seemed to have more energy watching the game then most of the guys on the floor which is pretty sad. Wallace appeared to be having a pretty decent game, yet saw very little playing time... the fourth quarter was brutal to watch as a bulls fan
ChiBulls7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:51 PM   #15
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I agree with XXX about the Bulls for sure. As for Denver's defense, its been quite good this year and they've still kept up one of the highest paces in the league. They're only allowing 43% shooting from opponents, with their fast pace still holding teams under 100, one of the best rebounding teams, and at the top in creating turnovers and blocks/steals.

As for Kenyon, you can not like his posing or whatnot, but he's doing his job perfectly as far as rebounding and leading their defense.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: