Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-19-2007, 03:13 PM   #1
joshdavidson
I brick open layups

joshdavidson has an OK reputation so far
Default 3 Hornets on the West All-Star Team

The Hornets should realistically have 3 players on the All-Star team this season.

Chris Paul 19.5ppg 10.8apg 4.4rpg 3.2spg
CP should start for the West this year with this kind of season

David West 19.6ppg 7.5rpg

Tyson Chandler 11.4ppg 11.5rpg 1.5blg

These guys all deserve a spot on the all-star team especially since the game is in New Orleans this season.
joshdavidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:16 PM   #2
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 3 Hornets on the West All-Star Team

I agree with you, but maybe not for Tyson Chandler. The guy isn't that good.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:19 PM   #3
joshdavidson
I brick open layups

he may not be that good, but there's only one other center in the West that puts up better stats and that's Yao. Let's not even talk about Kaman (he's garbage)
Old 11-19-2007, 03:19 PM   #4
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

chris paul should be the only hornet on the west all-star team
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:23 PM   #5
joshdavidson
I brick open layups

I guess 40 points from David West doesn't count for anything, huh? Why don't you watch the Hornets play before you make an ingorant claim like that. D West is easily an all-star!
Old 11-19-2007, 03:23 PM   #6
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

dude, all the top half in each conference could make a case for at least 2 of their players for the ASG. But only 12 spots and 15 teams? not gonna happen. not every player who deserves it gets to go its as simple as that. and the difference between going and not is generally about public marketability and exposure. which west and chandler dont have. the west centers will be yao and duncan. maybe amare could sneak in but I doubt it.

and that has very little to do with how they have played so far.
boozehound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:24 PM   #7
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdavidson
he may not be that good, but there's only one other center in the West that puts up better stats and that's Yao. Let's not even talk about Kaman (he's garbage)

Amare? Lets talk then about who has better numbers.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:28 PM   #8
SomeBunghole
Banned

SomeBunghole has an OK reputation so far

I wish people would just do a little bit of reading before posting. Tim Duncan is listed as a center this year. Yao, Duncan, Amare. You really think Chandler deserves a spot more than those guys?

And West? Ahead of whom? Dirk? Carmelo? Boozer?
SomeBunghole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:29 PM   #9
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Someone defending Chandler said Kaman is garbage?

Chris Kaman: 18.7|13.3|1.6 + 2.4 Blocks on 50.4% FG, 85% FT and 2.56 turnovers
Chandler: 11.4|11.5|1.5 + 1.5 blocks on 56.8% FG, 66% FT and 2 turnovers

Chris plays 4 minutes more, yet scores more, rebounds more, slightly less dimes, more blocks, shoots a less percentage, but hits his free throws. Along with that, Chris has the ball in his hands WAY more then Chandler, yet only averages a half turnover more per game?

GTFO with Kaman is garbage when your defending Chandler.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:29 PM   #10
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

I'm a Hornets fan and I think CP is the only option this year. Looking at the ballot TC unfortunately doesnt stand a chance. Yao and Duncan are shoe-ins not to mention the way Kaman's been playing. Even with the changes there are lots of forwards in the west that will get in before West.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:39 PM   #11
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
I wish people would just do a little bit of reading before posting. Tim Duncan is listed as a center this year. Yao, Duncan, Amare. You really think Chandler deserves a spot more than those guys?

And West? Ahead of whom? Dirk? Carmelo? Boozer?

I've seen David West play this year, and I've seen what Dirk has done. He plays better than Dirk so far this year. He looked a lot better than Boozer as well. I wouldn't go that far to say he is better than Melo though.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:42 PM   #12
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
I've seen David West play this year, and I've seen what Dirk has done. He plays better than Dirk so far this year. He looked a lot better than Boozer as well. I wouldn't go that far to say he is better than Melo though.
you're embarassing me. Take a look at Boozer's numbers for me
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:42 PM   #13
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Both Amare and Duncan are on the ballot as centers this year. The Chandelier won't be playing in the all-star game, sorry.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:44 PM   #14
Phenomenon
Ball Above All

Phenomenon has an OK reputation so far

West has no chance to make the cut with Yao, Boozer, Duncan, Nowitzki, Anthony, J.Howard, Stoudemire, Marion, Odom and so on being on the ballot at forward.

Only Paul has a chance to make the team.
Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:47 PM   #15
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

el_locoteee has decent reputationel_locoteee has decent reputation

Quote:

Amare, Yao, Duncan, Gasol are centers in the Allstar ballot, no chance for Chandler, Not in the west.
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: