Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-20-2007, 01:39 PM   #31
Phenomenon
Ball Above All

Phenomenon has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Isiah Thomas Kicks Entire Team Out Of Practice

I can understand you liking Jamal off the bench, but how do you defend starting Larry Hughes? He's terrible in every sense of the word.
Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:40 PM   #32
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
I remember during the offseason all the Knicks fanbois were saying that Z-Bo was going to tear it up in the East, that Starbury really was the best PG, Eddy Curry was NOT fat and was in great shape, etc.

Where are they now?

Zach-tly! :)

"prolly gonna be us 'n Celtics in a east"

"with our frontcourt, who's gonna stop us?!"

"I will average 10 Points, 12/13 dimes, 2/3 assists, 4/5 rebounds, and we'll win the 'chip"
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:41 PM   #33
Phenomenon
Ball Above All

Phenomenon has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I understand mom and grandma and sister and brother -- but not really aunt.

To some people the aunt is your sister, or mother. You just can't put an emphasis on a word like that without really knowing the relationship they had.
Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:41 PM   #34
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Starks
Why does it need to be Iguadala. Get me a guy with some ball handling that can hit a shot. Finley would do.

Iggy was my choice because of defense, ball handling and shooting. Joe Johnso nwas the other choice, but he probably wouldn't mesh with a chucker like Crawford too well. Igoudala has proven hismelf to be chucker-compatible.

Quote:
Can't hate - clealry can't hate -- but I can question...basketball players make a very clear choice, make a fortune of money, but for 6 mos, your team is your family. I understand mom and grandma and sister and brother -- but not really aunt.

Again, it's family and being there for your family. Basketball is their job, not their life.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:43 PM   #35
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon
I can understand you liking Jamal off the bench, but how do you defend starting Larry Hughes? He's terrible in every sense of the word.

Celveland makes him look worse than he is. He's really not that bad of a player, just not the allstar people were expecting. My shooting guard rankings that summer of free agency was:
1. Ray Allen
2. Joe Johnson
3. Michael Redd
4. Larry Hughes

Some had Hughes at number 2.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:46 PM   #36
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

they can do whatever they want to the roster, just keep randolph and david lee and i'm happy

get curry's fat ass outta here
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:49 PM   #37
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hito da god
they can do whatever they want to the roster, just keep randolph and david lee and i'm happy

Why?
Old 11-20-2007, 01:54 PM   #38
JPR
Banned

JPR has decent reputation

With the type of characters the Knicks have, Zeke just did them a favor! they don't care about basketball, all they care about is that money.
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:55 PM   #39
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
Again, it's family and being there for your family. Basketball is their job, not their life.

There are alot of jobs out there. Every job has limits on the days off you can take. Most have a 1 day limit for bereavement leave, after that you have to take your personal days.

...and I think that pro-athletes go in understanding that their life is a little bit different than the norm. They don't work for 6 mos a year, they make a ton of money - but its all early in their lives, but, in the trade-off, they lose the other 6 mos. They are not home, they don't see their family, and they don't get their days off.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:13 PM   #40
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
I just want to know what kicking them out of practice helps. Them half assing should have made him work harder with them. Isiah is confused and doesn't know what to do. He doesn't want to be fired because he knows he will never ever get another job in the NBA so he's trying his best but doesn't seem to know what to do.
well reports are that last week thomas asked the team to vote on if marbury should play in LA against the clips, he said if one player didn't want maybury that marbury would not play... the vote was unanimous to sit marbury so instead thomas sat marbury for the first few minutes then played him anyways despite what the players had voted for...

the guy has lost his teams respect i imagine, and it's just so sad to see the knicks in this mess, but you can't feel sorry for them, as long as the front office lets clowns like thomas run the show they get what they deserve
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:17 PM   #41
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
well reports are that last week thomas asked the team to vote on if marbury should play in LA against the clips, he said if one player didn't want maybury that marbury would not play... the vote was unanimous to sit marbury so instead thomas sat marbury for the first few minutes then played him anyways despite what the players had voted for...

the guy has lost his teams respect i imagine, and it's just so sad to see the knicks in this mess, but you can't feel sorry for them, as long as the front office lets clowns like thomas run the show they get what they deserve

I feel sorry for the other players though. All players except Marbury. They didn't want him to play, were honest to their coach, and yet the coach doesn't listen to the majority of his team, and plays the spoiled attention-seeking whore.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:19 PM   #42
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
Why?

who else will they throw in the post? he's averaging 19 n 14, and curry's conditioning is terrible

with the right coach i think he could be decent on the defensive end too
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:22 PM   #43
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
I feel sorry for the other players though. All players except Marbury. They didn't want him to play, were honest to their coach, and yet the coach doesn't listen to the majority of his team, and plays the spoiled attention-seeking whore.
Yeah I hate to see such a good talent like David Lee and Jamal Crawford up in NY with these clowns. They have so much talent, but Isiah just doesn't know what to do.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:37 PM   #44
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
well reports are that last week thomas asked the team to vote on if marbury should play in LA against the clips, he said if one player didn't want maybury that marbury would not play... the vote was unanimous to sit marbury...

That's very interesting. I missed that. Wow.

Stories like this get out in the open quick when there is a lot of **** going on. I remember 3-4 years ago when it was going from bad to worse in TO, the Raptor players were talking SO much off the court, in the bars at night and in the offseason. Everything (it seemed) came out.

Wow bad that so much is coming out same day, or same week. Means there are lots of guys so p****** off they are ignoring the normal code of silence. That or a lot of agents and groupies talking too much and repping their guys.
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:55 PM   #45
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceOfNature

btw here's the link, to me a minute to remember where i had read it...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: