Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-19-2007, 03:02 PM   #1
steve franchise
Local High School Star

steve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Would you trade Kobe for Tmac?

Tracy or Kobe, wou would you rather have on your team.

In my opinion I'll rather have Tracy Mcgrady, just because he's a better team player. He can pass the ball, and dribble like a point guard, and he can create his own shot when he wants to. He's a great overall player, and underrated passer too.
steve franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:03 PM   #2
Shogon Vendetta
Decent playground baller

Shogon Vendetta has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Would you trade Kobe for Tmac?

Most original thread ever.
Shogon Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:04 PM   #3
Phenomenon
Ball Above All

Phenomenon has an OK reputation so far

Why would we trade Kobe for half a season?
If McGrady is healthy, then perhaps I would do that trade only because of Kobe's current trade demands...but Kobe has improved his team play this season, and LA are clicking right now.
Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:06 PM   #4
C.L.W. "DatDude"
Banned

C.L.W. "DatDude" has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon
Why would we trade Kobe for half a season?
If McGrady is healthy, then perhaps I would do that trade only because of Kobe's current trade demands...but Kobe has improved his team play this season, and LA are clicking right now.
Co-Sign. Without Kobe the Lakers aren't that good, but he stays healthy so if they traded for T-Mac whom is injury prone would only affect the team with his constant injuries. T-Mac is not the answer. But yeah if he proves he can stay healthy, I think it is a good deal for both teams.
C.L.W. "DatDude" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:42 PM   #5
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has an OK reputation so far

Considering TMac played 71 games last year and his injury this year is minor and not back related, and most importantly he's been available for the playoffs the past few years, I would do it if I'm another team. Kobe really hasn't proved he's a better playoff performer than TMac the past few years, TMac is a better playmaker, almost his equal as a scorer and is a better team guy and personality. You won't get all the drama and what not with Tracy. Tracy's also a top level defender when need be, as evidenced by his play against Dirk a few years ago.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:48 PM   #6
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
Considering TMac played 71 games last year and his injury this year is minor and not back related, and most importantly he's been available for the playoffs the past few years, I would do it if I'm another team. Kobe really hasn't proved he's a better playoff performer than TMac the past few years, TMac is a better playmaker, almost his equal as a scorer and is a better team guy and personality. You won't get all the drama and what not with Tracy. Tracy's also a top level defender when need be, as evidenced by his play against Dirk a few years ago.

In other words, you think T-Mac is better than Kobe.

Quote:
In my opinion I'll rather have Tracy Mcgrady, just because he's a better team player. He can pass the ball, and dribble like a point guard, and he can create his own shot when he wants to. He's a great overall player, and underrated passer too.

Would you rather have Calderon over Kobe too? Since you just described his game.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:59 PM   #7
Phenomenon
Ball Above All

Phenomenon has an OK reputation so far

Well, people that picked McGrady are a Houston fan (judging by his username) and someone who obviously dislikes Kobe (from reading some of his posts)...so I wouldn't lose too much sleep over that.

Quote:
Kobe really hasn't proved he's a better playoff performer than TMac the past few years, TMac is a better playmaker, almost his equal as a scorer and is a better team guy and personality.

Two time defending scoring champion two of the three years as the main option, numerous historic scoring records that McGrady never touched and about 7 time all-defensive team...something McGrady never achieved in his career once says otherwise.

McGrady is a better playmaker I'll give you that, and outside of having a better mind set in terms of team play and better decision making in general...he doesn't do anything else better then or equal to Kobe in this league.

Back in 2002, your post would have been precise...I'll even give you the nod that McGrady had the edge on Kobe scoring wise. Since then Kobe has improved and McGrady has fallen due to his nagging back problems.
Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:01 PM   #8
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

I really dislike Kobe, but he is somewhat better and vastly more durable. I wouldn't want him on my team because he is a cancer and worthless human being...but he's clearly a top 5 player in the league. T-mac has never left the first round, quit on a team to get traded, and is massively injury prone.

For all his scumbaggery, Kobe with a strong supporting cast makes you a playoff favorite. Tmac has not proved that.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:05 PM   #9
U got Served
Banned

U got Served is considered somewhat coolU got Served is considered somewhat coolU got Served is considered somewhat cool

Obviously Kobe is a ball holder, he hugs that ball more than he hugs his wife. He woudn's pass the ball to Yao and the team would loose. no i wouldn't trade T-Mac for someone that doesn't like to share the ball.

Zeek, what ah hell are you doing i thought the computer was slow!
U got Served is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:07 PM   #10
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kobe simply b/c he is more durable. Its not like TMac could carry Team Kobe, err... the Lakers any further than his traditional first round exit anyways.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:07 PM   #11
joshdavidson
I brick open layups

joshdavidson has an OK reputation so far

How many games a season does TMac play?

Not nearly enough. He's inconsistent and horribly overrated.
joshdavidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:08 PM   #12
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon
Well, people that picked McGrady are a Houston fan (judging by his username) and someone who obviously dislikes Kobe (from reading some of his posts)...so I wouldn't lose too much sleep over that.

Two time defending scoring champion two of the three years as the main option, numerous historic scoring records that McGrady never touched and about 7 time all-defensive team...something McGrady never achieved in his career once says otherwise.

McGrady is a better playmaker I'll give you that, and outside of having a better mind set in terms of team play and better decision making in general...he doesn't do anything else better then or equal to Kobe in this league.

Back in 2002, your post would have been precise...I'll even give you the nod that McGrady had the edge on Kobe scoring wise. Since then Kobe has improved and McGrady has fallen due to his nagging back problems.

Like I said, show me where Kobe has outplayed TMac in the playoffs since he got his OWN team to lead. Since he became the main man (not the secondary star) and all the burdern that entails.

You won't be able to. Which is why you have to give extarraneous stuff that has nothing to do with that point.

Further, as I mentioned, you don't get the same drama and nonsense with TMac and I think TMac's better teammate. Put it all together and I'd take TMac. Sorry if that offends you.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:09 PM   #13
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by U got Served
Obviously Kobe is a ball holder, he hugs that ball more than he hugs his wife. He woudn's pass the ball to Yao and the team would loose. no i wouldn't trade T-Mac for someone that doesn't like to share the ball.

Zeek, what ah hell are you doing i thought the computer was slow!

He wouldn't pass the ball to Yao but yet he passed the ball to Shaq during the 3 peat era.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:10 PM   #14
Excentric
Banned

Excentric has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
Like I said, show me where Kobe has outplayed TMac in the playoffs since he got his OWN team to lead. Since he became the main man (not the secondary star) and all the burdern that entails.

You won't be able to. Which is why you have to give extarraneous stuff that has nothing to do with that point.

Further, as I mentioned, you don't get the same drama and nonsense with TMac and I think TMac's better teammate. Put it all together and I'd take TMac. Sorry if that offends you.

Easily the biggest dumbass on the board.
Excentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:10 PM   #15
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
Kobe simply b/c he is more durable. Its not like TMac could carry Team Kobe, err... the Lakers any further than his traditional first round exit anyways.

Apparently, Kobe as the main man can't either.

1rst year - no playoffs
2nd year - first round exit
3rd year - first round exit

So it's not like Kobe's record as team leader is so much more stellar than Tmac's.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: