Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-20-2007, 05:12 PM   #1
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here
Default Chris Kaman thoughts

And let's ignore the obvious caveman jokes. What do you think about him as a NBA player?

To me, he looks like he almost has all the tools to be a top 5 center in the league for a few years. Looking at his moves on offense, he seems to be one of the few centers who has a huge array of moves in the post combined with a very very nice midrange shot. Great form on his shot and good release. He can bury jumpers like few centers. He's also pretty good on the defensive end, good insticts, good help defender and he can't be backed up easy.

I've never been a fan of his, as a Clippers fan, but he's looking waaaaaaay better than I'd ever believe he would. The major thing? Focus, he still drifts off quite a lot, but his head is in the game. He's stepping up in a huge way and somehow he seems pretty focused.

Could he be become a Big Z with better defense?
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:14 PM   #2
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Chuck Thou NBA has decent reputationChuck Thou NBA has decent reputation
Default Re: Chris Kaman thoughts

He's ok. Not as far as top 5 center but somewhere up there. Good big men are hard to come by.
Chuck Thou NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:18 PM   #3
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

With focus? He's top 5. Can you name 5 other centers who are as good on offense and defense combined?

Ming
Amare
Camby
Dwight

Not counting Gasol, Duncan, Boozer, Bosh.

Maybe Okafor has a case. Do we count JO as a C?
Old 11-20-2007, 05:18 PM   #4
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!

Mikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputation

I love Kaman. He's great in the low post and he can finish equally well with both hands, although it's weird, it seems he prefers finishing with his left hand, although he's right-handed.

Anyway I didn't watch much of him before this season but did he always have a midrange J ? I was really surprised to see him take and make those shots
Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:23 PM   #5
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Yeah I forgot to mention he's ambidextrous. He's always had some range, to about 12-15 feet....
Old 11-20-2007, 05:28 PM   #6
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far

I thought his D was weak.

Last edited by luigi>mario : 11-20-2007 at 06:10 PM.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:31 PM   #7
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi>mario

I am looking forward to LA not messing around with Brown for a while and just going with Kaman/Bynum.

Old 11-20-2007, 05:33 PM   #8
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi>mario

I am looking forward to LA not messing around with Brown for a while and just going with Kaman/Bynum.
ok you just keeping waiting on that tandum, i tell you unless a trade goes down it will never work out...lol
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:36 PM   #9
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
And let's ignore the obvious caveman jokes.

Impossible.

It's so easy a Chris Kaman could do it.

But really, I am impressed. I've seen 3 Clipper games this year and Chris was a huge part of their offense in all 3. Definately not something most of us would have predicted. He looked very impressive backing down the Chicago defenders in the paint and using both hands to hit difficult hook layups. His offense was 5 times better then it was last year. His shot looks good, his coordination looks great and his sense of his defender's position is amazing. Definately a top 10 center.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:46 PM   #10
SRZ66
Local High School Star

SRZ66 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
With focus? He's top 5. Can you name 5 other centers who are as good on offense and defense combined?

Ming
Amare
Camby
Dwight

Not counting Gasol, Duncan, Boozer, Bosh.

Maybe Okafor has a case. Do we count JO as a C?
al jefferson
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:01 PM   #11
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far

He looks like a typical big white stiff -- but he is most certainly not. Not that he is fluid or specifically balanced, but he is at least rhythmic and he's also crazy intense.

BWSes (and big men in general) are so overcome by their size in everyday life that they become gentle -- Kaman looks ready to kill.

I don't know about the D, but on offensehe has moves he has a shot and he has confidence. I like Kaman. His upside is around Kevin Willis.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:03 PM   #12
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I like Kaman. His upside is around Kevin Willis.
Yea but Kevin Willis is black. Please provide a racially accurate comparison... geez.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:06 PM   #13
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far

I totally mixed up Kaman with Mihm.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:09 PM   #14
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've been saying for so long that I thought he'd be an allstar within the next few years, voted in by the coaches after Ming. That was when I was still under the impression that Amare was a forward of course.

Really though, I've been impressed since his rookie year, and I was just waiting for him to break out. Last year was a major disappointment, because he's got all the tools. One of the reasons he's one of my favourite players, because he's really got it all. As has been mentioned, he's always had amazing touch with either hand around the basket. Very controlled in the post, rarely throwing up anything wild. He can go with a power game, but he's also quick off his feet, and he can hit the little jumper. Rebounding and shotblocking have always been there for him.

I'm glad he's finally getting a chance to show off his skillset as the number one option in the post, although it does suck that it had to come at the expense of Brand. I've been waiting for him to prove everyone wrong about his new contract. Nice to see him put in the work to do it.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:11 PM   #15
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Yea but Kevin Willis is black. Please provide a racially accurate comparison... geez.

His game is not like willis' - no hook - but in terms of a 2nd tier center who can give you offense and rebounding and match the top tier head ot head that level of career he can reach.

His game is most like somewhere between McHale and Rasho.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: