Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-20-2007, 11:48 PM   #1
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default NJ/Indy Trade Idea

OK, a trade that could help both teams, but after 12/15:

Pacers get: Richard Jefferson, Sean Williams, Jamaal Magloire, #1 Pick

Nets get: Jermaine O'Neal

Why would Pacers do it:
Let's face it. Pacers are going nowhere fast. Jermaine O'Neal is unhappy and is being paid 20 mil a year for 3 years. The longer they wait to trade him, the less trade value they will get. This trade gets you an established high quality player in Richard Jefferson (who can play 2 or 3), a very young loaded with potential Sean Williams for the future. Jamaal Magloire can help Pacers with short term loss of O'Neal this year, but Pacers will save $4 million a year on salary as Magloire is free agent at years end. So Pacers end up with 3 young talents (including #1 pick) and more salary room for future.

Why Nets do it:
Nets need help RIGHT NOW. The loss of carter shows vulnerable the Nets are in scoring and they need that the low post scorer. The loss of Jefferson can be made up by Nachbar and Wright. This gives you the Nets "Big 3" of Kidd, Carter, and O'Neal, and Big 4 once Nenad gets healthy.

Nets starting 5: Kidd, Carter, Nachbar, Kristic, O'Neal
Reserves: Wright, M. Williams, Boone, Collins, Armstrong

That is a team that could easily win East for next 3-4 years....

OK, you can criticize now:

Last edited by bagelred : 11-21-2007 at 11:19 AM.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:49 PM   #2
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: NJ/Indy Trade Idea

Well, replace Magloire with Jason Collins, it's a great trade.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:50 PM   #3
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

Not a horrifying proposal, but I'd imagine they're a little too high on Sean Williams to move him just yet.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:50 PM   #4
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Well, replace Magloire with Jason Collins, it's a great trade.

I'm pretty sure Pacers wouldn't want Collins long contract. Magloire has only one year deal.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:50 PM   #5
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool

Terrible trade for the Nets, especially in their own conference. And why would the forward-stacked Pacers want Jefferson?
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:51 PM   #6
bagelred
Weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise
Not a horrifying proposal, but I'd imagine they're a little too high on Sean Williams to move him just yet.

The Nets are going for championship NOW. Williams has potential, but JO is an established All Star. Kidd is getting old so they need to go for it.....
Old 11-20-2007, 11:53 PM   #7
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

That's too much to give up for O'Neal, if you ask me. Also, I don't see Indiana wanting Jefferson.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:55 PM   #8
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
Terrible trade for the Nets, especially in their own conference. And why would the forward-stacked Pacers want Jefferson?

Also, Granger has really looked good and if there's a player to compare him to it's probably RJ.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:57 PM   #9
Bimbo Coles
High school junior varsity star

Bimbo Coles has an OK reputation so far

I like the trade for the Nets. JO gives them some presence in the middle. I can't see the trade doing anything for the Pacers.
Bimbo Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:59 PM   #10
bagelred
Weird

I think Jefferson becomes the Pacers best player and they get a young big man in Williams to replace O'Neal.

If there are too many forwards, then they can use some of those assets for future trades. But Jefferson can play 2 or 3 position.....
Old 11-21-2007, 12:05 AM   #11
Bimbo Coles

Granger is the guy to build the team around. Trading JO for Jefferson doesn't help them in their rebuilding phase. They need to trade down and add some younger players. Having a look at what the Bulls or Lakers have to offer couldn't hurt. It is a great trade for the Nets though.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:05 AM   #12
bagelred
Weird

From what I understand, the Nets offered Jefferson and Collins for O'Neal in offseason and Pacers said no.

Pacers wanted Jefferson and Krstic for O'Neal and Nets said no.

So it seems Jefferson and Williams is sort of a compromise, since Nenad I think is untouchable for Nets....

Let's face it, Nets got lucky in that Williams has shown great promise, so why not use that to get O'Neal. And I think that package to the Pacers is nice young talent back to build towards future...Pacers have to think long term now....
Old 11-21-2007, 12:14 AM   #13
Bimbo Coles

Absolutely and that's why Jefferson would not interest me if I were the Pacers. Williams is a nice addition but I'd prefer to get a few more younger guys with potential rather than Jefferson. Nets can't really offer that. Nets should have closed the deal and traded for JO.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:19 AM   #14
bagelred
Weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimbo Coles
Absolutely and that's why Jefferson would not interest me if I were the Pacers. Williams is a nice addition but I'd prefer to get a few more younger guys with potential rather than Jefferson. Nets can't really offer that. Nets should have closed the deal and traded for JO.

So you want guys with "potential" but you don't want Jefferson? Jefferson IS YOUNG!!!!! He's only 27 years old!!!! And he's a border line All Star. He's averaging 24 points a game!!!!! You want guys with "potential"? What????

Jefferson instantly becomes Pacers best player, with all due respect to Granger.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:21 AM   #15
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

The last time Jefferson went for an extended stretch as the main offensive option without someone like Kidd to help set him up, he averaged four turnovers a game.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: