Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-20-2007, 11:27 PM   #16
Bimbo Coles
High school junior varsity star

Bimbo Coles has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Lakers fans, would you be interested in C-Webb?

Give the minutes to Radamanovic and Bynum. When there is a bit of a plateau in their season or a losing streak, I'd start them ahead of Turiaf and Brown. They are the better players. Webber brings nothing unless the Lakers are making a run for the title this season. I can't see it happening.
Bimbo Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:42 PM   #17
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise
Don't Kobe and other people in general not get along?
Fact.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:01 AM   #18
Eldrunko247
Good college starter

Eldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat cool

No, the guy has been a career loser. C Webb is not a winner.
Eldrunko247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:46 AM   #19
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldrunko247
No, the guy has been a career loser. C Webb is not a winner.

Yes and LA ruined his chance to become a winner
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:50 AM   #20
RDavis31
Kids at the park dunk on me

RDavis31 has not been impressing people

I would rather have PJ Brown, who is also a free agent, and a much better defender.
RDavis31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:07 AM   #21
clayton
Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

clayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat cool

Nah. The Laker's current roster is pretty bad ass with the progress of pretty much "ALL" of the players beside Kwame.
clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:12 AM   #22
LakersFO
High School Varsity 6th Man

LakersFO has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayton
Nah. The Laker's current roster is pretty bad ass with the progress of pretty much "ALL" of the players beside Kwame.

Bad Ass...please. All the players have progressed...yes. Lets give them 20-30 more games and see where they are before we proclaim them bad ass.

Webber would be an asset to this team. Chris has the smarts and strength to get his hands on some stls and blks even with his weak knees on defense. Yes he isn't the most athletic player anymore but he is physically imposing at 6'10" 245lbs. I guarantee he plays better than Kwame on both ends of the court. And he plays through injury.

I'll give it up to the Lakers. We are playing very well. Unfortunately i have seen this many times, and it ends up evening out every year.

Purple n Gold play above their heads and in time the creme rises to the top while the Lakers find themselves struggling to make the playoffs. While tanking the back half of the season each of the last 3 seasons. Im not being pesimistic. Its fact.

Three great things happened to the Lakers this week.

1 - Kwame is out indefinitely sprained MCL in his knee and sprained ankle. His court presence is minimal. Bynum will be forced to ball it up. Put up or shut up. His stat line has been decent. Bynums defensive placement is weak. No weakside help. His blocks are more about his length vs his positioning.

2 - Addition by subraction. Cook and Evans minutes will be filled by everybody else. Specifically Radman and Bynum.

3 - Ariza supposed defensive prowess should allow Kobe some help.Giving Kobe a defensive break occasionally. This break would be paramount to Kobe endurance.

Anyways, Mitch actually did something worth clapping for. Finally.
LakersFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:23 AM   #23
w00terz
FACT

w00terz is considered somewhat coolw00terz is considered somewhat cool

Chris Webber plays like he is past his prime. If I was a Laker fan, I wouldn't be interested in him.
w00terz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:05 AM   #24
link
Serious playground baller

link has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersFO
Bad Ass...please. All the players have progressed...yes. Lets give them 20-30 more games and see where they are before we proclaim them bad ass.

Webber would be an asset to this team. Chris has the smarts and strength to get his hands on some stls and blks even with his weak knees on defense. Yes he isn't the most athletic player anymore but he is physically imposing at 6'10" 245lbs. I guarantee he plays better than Kwame on both ends of the court. And he plays through injury.

I'll give it up to the Lakers. We are playing very well. Unfortunately i have seen this many times, and it ends up evening out every year.

Purple n Gold play above their heads and in time the creme rises to the top while the Lakers find themselves struggling to make the playoffs. While tanking the back half of the season each of the last 3 seasons. Im not being pesimistic. Its fact.

1 - Kwame is out indefinitely sprained MCL in his knee and sprained ankle. His court presence is minimal. Bynum will be forced to ball it up. Put up or shut up. His stat line has been decent. Bynums defensive placement is weak. No weakside help. His blocks are more about his length vs his positioning.

2 - Addition by subraction. Cook and Evans minutes will be filled by everybody else. Specifically Radman and Bynum.

3 - Ariza supposed defensive prowess should allow Kobe some help.Giving Kobe a defensive break occasionally. This break would be paramount to Kobe endurance.

Thank you for being a reasonable, common sensical Lakers fan. Great starts don't mean much in this league, but I've been impressed with Farmar and Bynum so far. Only worry would be that Bynum starts running out of gas like he did last year. That would be a bad habit to get into.
link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:43 AM   #25
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

since Cook is gone... why not? great veteren addition and he can teach Bynum how to shoot mid-range jumpers... while Kwame picks up the balls for them...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:52 AM   #26
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersFO

good post. I think he would be an immediate starter and major contributor on this team. somewhere around 12 and 8 in 25 mins. could play both the 4 and 5, is a smarter defender than anyone else on that team (among the bigs) but limited physically. his passing out of the post would be a huge contribution and allow them to be a much efficient triangle with good passers in the post and the wings. Hed be solid for them, and is better than vlad, turiaf and brown even at this stage of his career.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: