Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-21-2007, 12:36 AM   #16
bagelred
My team always wins

Default Re: NJ/Indy Trade Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
The last time Jefferson went for an extended stretch as the main offensive option without someone like Kidd to help set him up, he averaged four turnovers a game.

You mean when he carried the team last year on his back? Is that when?
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:42 AM   #17
Bimbo Coles
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
So you want guys with "potential" but you don't want Jefferson? Jefferson IS YOUNG!!!!! He's only 27 years old!!!! And he's a border line All Star. He's averaging 24 points a game!!!!! You want guys with "potential"? What????

Jefferson instantly becomes Pacers best player, with all due respect to Granger.

I'd be looking at nurturing a young team, keeping them together for a few seasons and building around Granger. Jefferson doesn't fit into that plan. I'm talking about guys like Bynum and Farmer. I also like Kwame's expiring contract. I'd be prepared to give them Tinsley too in a more elaborate trade which could include Radmanovic, Vujacic and/or Cook.
Bimbo Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:46 AM   #18
bagelred
My team always wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimbo Coles
I'd be looking at nurturing a young team, keeping them together for a few seasons and building around Granger. Jefferson doesn't fit into that plan. I'm talking about guys like Bynum and Farmer. I also like Kwame's expiring contract. I'd be prepared to give them Tinsley too in a more elaborate trade which could include Radmanovic, Vujacic and/or Cook.

I see what u mean, but you are overthinking it. Jefferson can easily play the 2 spot right next to Granger, and those two guys could be your go to guys....

I always find it funny when people pick guys with "potential" over sure things....
Old 11-21-2007, 01:10 AM   #19
Bimbo Coles
Great young streetballer

A starting five of- Farmar, Dunleavy, Granger, Diogu, and Bynum is mouth watering. The money that Kwame's contract frees up at the end of the season could be used to re-sign these guys, upgrade some of their modest contracts or add some key personnel on the bench. The bench would already contain Troy Murphy, Daniels and whatever else they get from the Lakers (Radmanovic, Cook etc.). Jefferson is for the 'here and now'. Pacers aren't ready for that yet.
Bimbo Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:06 AM   #20
bagelred
My team always wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimbo Coles
A starting five of- Farmar, Dunleavy, Granger, Diogu, and Bynum is mouth watering. The money that Kwame's contract frees up at the end of the season could be used to re-sign these guys, upgrade some of their modest contracts or add some key personnel on the bench. The bench would already contain Troy Murphy, Daniels and whatever else they get from the Lakers (Radmanovic, Cook etc.). Jefferson is for the 'here and now'. Pacers aren't ready for that yet.

But that's the problem. You could never make this trade happen. O'Neal makes $20 million a year. So you need at least $17 million worth of salaries coming back to the Pacers. Farmar and Bynum make nothing and even if you throw in Kwame Brown, you are still not matching the amount of salary needed.

The Nets/Indy trade matches up perfectly as far as salaries are concerned because of RJ's big contract.....
Old 11-21-2007, 11:08 AM   #21
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach

What a novel idea. Jefferson for O'Neal...haven't heard that since I last hopped in my time machine and visited November 2006.

Sarcasm aside, a Jermaine for Jefferson and Williams swap does make sense for both clubs. NJ is going absolutely nowhere without a decent frontcourt presence, and is really their only chance for success.

Indy would likely want Kristic however, despite his current troubles.
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:21 AM   #22
bagelred
My team always wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtrdff
What a novel idea. Jefferson for O'Neal...haven't heard that since I last hopped in my time machine and visited November 2006.

Sarcasm aside, a Jermaine for Jefferson and Williams swap does make sense for both clubs. NJ is going absolutely nowhere without a decent frontcourt presence, and is really their only chance for success.

Indy would likely want Kristic however, despite his current troubles.

I didn't say it was original. What I'm saying is this is very do-able right now and makes sense and is fair to both teams....
Old 11-21-2007, 11:22 AM   #23
InfamousDX
Serious playground baller

Nice... taking on JO and his ironman KNEES.
InfamousDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:27 AM   #24
wally_world
M0derator

they should... both team sucks now... but that is provided Granger can play PF... if not the SF position is STACKED...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:42 AM   #25
bagelred
My team always wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
they should... both team sucks now... but that is provided Granger can play PF... if not the SF position is STACKED...

RJ is small enough and quick enough to play SG, in my opinion....that's probably Indy's best move....
Old 11-21-2007, 12:22 PM   #26
bagelred
My team always wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousDX
Nice... taking on JO and his ironman KNEES.

So you WOULDN'T do this if you're Thorn?
Old 11-21-2007, 12:24 PM   #27
InfamousDX
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
So you WOULDN'T do this if you're Thorn?
It's been a very very very very well debated topic but in the end (as of now), I say no thanks.
InfamousDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:30 PM   #28
SRZ66
Local High School Star

jefferson > JO
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:49 PM   #29
yeaaaman
Local High School Star

thats not a good trade for the nets

why would they give up their leading scorer (so far), their new bruiser in mgloire who isnt playing particularly well so far but helps create a lot of second chance opportunities that would of never existed, a young sean williams who they have no clue how good he can be and a future #1 pick for a guy who probably wont play the whole season? im not sure how much he'll really help the nets over the peices they have now, just give them some time to gel its like 10 games into the season for them?
yeaaaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:51 PM   #30
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeaaaman
thats not a good trade for the nets

why would they give up their leading scorer (so far), their new bruiser in mgloire who isnt playing particularly well so far but helps create a lot of second chance opportunities that would of never existed, a young sean williams who they have no clue how good he can be and a future #1 pick for a guy who probably wont play the whole season? im not sure how much he'll really help the nets over the peices they have now, just give them some time to gel its like 10 games into the season for them?

I agree I wouldnt give up Sean Williams...you dont come across big men who play d and rebound everyday....
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: