Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2007, 09:45 AM   #1
Phenomenon
Ball Above All
 
Phenomenon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 998
Phenomenon has an OK reputation so far
Default Why are the Knicks considered "talented"?

I keep hearing fans say they have the talent to go deep, but not the chemistry. How do people come to those conclusions/projections?

I mean what has Curry, Crawford, Marbury, Randolph done in this league, beside show glimpses?
That's their four best players and as far as I'm concerned all those players ever did was put up numbers on bad teams. They are no where near as good as some people think, they have terrible intangibles and that's the reason this team is doing so poorly.

Marbury was once one of the better point guards in the league but he was never known to make good decisions with the rock, so now we're suppose to believe he'll carry a bunch of idiots for a lack of a better word to the playoffs?

This team needs to trade Randolph for Kwame & Ariza...release Marbury, J.James & M.Rose in 2 years and pursue LeBron James or Kobe Bryant with everything in their might.

Only players that are worth anything to that team are David Lee, Eddy Curry and Renaldo Balkman. They should look to trade Jamal Crawford for some high draft picks and cap relief, New York has no future on their current roster and the faster they'll realize that, the better.

It was really sad to see the atmosphere in lasts years draft when fat boy Zach Randolph got traded to New York, and the fans thought they just got a prime Shaquille O'Neal. The sad thing is Zach is probably their best player, but he's not the saviour for this team...and if I was their GM, I would make that trade for Kwame & Ariza, and relief 13 million.

And then have another 31 million in your pocket once J.James, Marbury & Rose leave the team...talk about bad money management. Let Isiah Thomas go, he's worse then Doc Rivers...completely revamp this team from ground up.

I'd rather have 5-7 D-League players, LeBron James, Eddy Curry and OJ Mayo, Michael Beasley or Derrick Rose on the team...then the current malfunctional trash they have.

Last edited by Phenomenon : 11-21-2007 at 09:47 AM.
Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:47 AM   #2
Optimus Prime
:\
 
Optimus Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Intertubes
Posts: 3,835
Optimus Prime is considered somewhat coolOptimus Prime is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Why are the Knicks considered "talented"?

What you say is pretty spot on. I don't get it either. Knicks' fans were hilarious during this offseason.

Now? It's just sad that they were the only ones who couldn't see this trainwreck coming from a mile away...
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:21 AM   #3
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star
 
WoGiTaLiA1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,566
WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation
Default Re: Why are the Knicks considered "talented"?

Knicks fans are idiots. Hell... New Yorkers are idiots. Sure it's a stereotype but they get started for a reason.

They sort of have a point though. Marbury hasn't just lost his talent. He used to be a pretty good player, like 6 years ago. He just doesn't care at all anymore.

Crawford is a chucker. He can score though. But he wont help a team win games, ever. Pure stat guy.

Curry is one of the best low post scorers in the league. He is also probably the worst pound for pound defender and rebounder in the league.

Randolph can score and rebound but he doesn't even pretend to play defense and is a shocking passer.

Outside those 4 there isn't any talent, there isn't any potential. Just a bunch of role players with a coach who doesn't get it.

Team is a mess. Worse than that, they can't be uptempo which suits the backcourt and the backcourt can't play slow which suits the front court. Just a really bad team make up with awful coaching.

Sure is fun to watch from outside though as it completely implodes, some of the least likable players in the league on that team, Francis deserves to be on it though really.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:24 AM   #4
John Starks
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,983
John Starks has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why are the Knicks considered "talented"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
Knicks fans are idiots. Hell... New Yorkers are idiots. Sure it's a stereotype but they get started for a reason..

Right, because Knick fans were the only ones optimsitc about their team in the pre-season and now are the only team to be under-performing.

Fans with high pre-season expectations...what a bunch of idiots.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:27 AM   #5
Eldrunko247
Good college starter
 
Eldrunko247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,249
Eldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Why are the Knicks considered "talented"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Starks
Right, because Knick fans were the only ones optimsitc about their team in the pre-season and now are the only team to be under-performing.

Fans with high pre-season expectations...what a bunch of idiots.
Why would you have any expectations with this current Knick squad? Kinicks=garbage. That's been known for some time now.
Eldrunko247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:30 AM   #6
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star
 
WoGiTaLiA1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,566
WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation
Default Re: Why are the Knicks considered "talented"?

Quote:
Right, because Knick fans were the only ones optimsitc about their team in the pre-season and now are the only team to be under-performing.

The majority of Knicks fans on here have had the expectation that they would represent the East for the last 5 years. Yeah, it's inconceivable that someone would draw the conclusion that they aren't terribly bright as a whole.

You can have a pass, you are basically the only Knick fan on here that doesn't sound stupid, assuming you are a Knick fan given the name and defense of the fans.

Knicks are as bad on paper as teams like Minny, Seattle, Milwaukee and Philadelphia, you don't see any of their fans talking about titles or at least finals. Hell you don't even see playoffs from them. Hell I didn't think Orlando had a chance in hell at home court and we are way more talented than New York.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:31 AM   #7
LJJ
Extra Cheese
 
LJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,773
LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why are the Knicks considered "talented"?

Quote:
This team needs to trade Randolph for Kwame & Ariza

Let me guess, Lakers/Kobe fan? I would ship Curry for Kwame straight up though.


The Knicks do have some talent. Not cream of the crop or anything but they should contend for a playoff spot.
The reason they do so bad is because their players just don't fit together.

Randolph and Curry together is an awful idea and Marbury isn't the right point for a team with so many scorers.


The one thing I think they should do is get rid of Eddy Curry. Some people seem to think he has some value, so trade him while there are takers. Having Eddy Curry on the court is always a negative.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:38 AM   #8
John Starks
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,983
John Starks has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why are the Knicks considered "talented"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldrunko247
Why would you have any expectations with this current Knick squad? Kinicks=garbage. That's been known for some time now.

Because in pre-season everyone is allowed to be irrational about their teams. EVERYONE gets a pass in pre-season.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:41 AM   #9
John Starks
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,983
John Starks has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why are the Knicks considered "talented"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
The majority of Knicks fans on here have had the expectation that they would represent the East for the last 5 years. Yeah, it's inconceivable that someone would draw the conclusion that they aren't terribly bright as a whole..

I think that's false. i think there are a few lunatics for every team and I think that Knick fans have hoped for the best, but no rational human being actually expected this team to represent the East. Maybe when Brown came, and we got Curry things looked bright -- but after that 20 win season, no one can beleive this team was any better than a marginal playoff team.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:49 AM   #10
jaja
Great young streetballer
 
jaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 284
jaja has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why are the Knicks considered "talented"?

it's only 10 games in. relax, there is plenty of season left
jaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:50 AM   #11
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star
 
WoGiTaLiA1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,566
WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation
Default Re: Why are the Knicks considered "talented"?

Quote:
Because in pre-season everyone is allowed to be irrational about their teams. EVERYONE gets a pass in pre-season.

There is irrational and there is your average Knicks fan. One is to think the Knicks team will get along. The other is to think they will be good. One is irrational the other is just plain stupid. No way to sugar coat that ****.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:54 AM   #12
InfamousDX
Serious playground baller
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 441
InfamousDX has decent reputation
Default Re: Why are the Knicks considered "talented"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
The majority of Knicks fans on here have had the expectation that they would represent the East for the last 5 years. Yeah, it's inconceivable that someone would draw the conclusion that they aren't terribly bright as a whole.
It's just funny that you think the Knicks fans here would even make up 5% of knicks fans
InfamousDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:56 AM   #13
Phenomenon
Ball Above All
 
Phenomenon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 998
Phenomenon has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why are the Knicks considered "talented"?

Quote:
Let me guess, Lakers/Kobe fan? I would ship Curry for Kwame straight up though.

Yes I'm a Laker fan, what's your point again?
Only reason I brought up Kwame & Ariza is because both of them have 1 year left on their contracts and I was just too lazy to find a better deal for the Knicks. My main point was let him go and relief yourself of 13 million.

You'd give us Eddy Curry for Kwame straight up? That's a more lop sided deal then the one you just accused me off buddy, but hey I'll take it. I wouldn't mind having one of the more gifted offensive low post players in the league.
Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:57 AM   #14
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star
 
WoGiTaLiA1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,566
WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation
Default Re: Why are the Knicks considered "talented"?

Quote:
It's just funny that you think the Knicks fans here would even make up 5% of knicks fans

Where did I say that? This entire board could be Knicks fans and it wouldn't make up 5% of their fans and that's if you counted every single account, who cares about duped accounts.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:58 AM   #15
InfamousDX
Serious playground baller
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 441
InfamousDX has decent reputation
Default Re: Why are the Knicks considered "talented"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
Where did I say that? This entire board could be Knicks fans and it wouldn't make up 5% of their fans and that's if you counted every single account, who cares about duped accounts.
I quoted your post but maybe I misunderstood where you said 'as a whole' meaning the Knicks fans on the BOARD as a whole, not overall.
InfamousDX is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:58 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy