Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-21-2007, 10:59 AM   #16
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Why are the Knicks considered "talented"?

You need to make a distinction.

Players can be individually "talented", in that, they can put up the numbers that you need and can compete at a high level. It means you have the scoring and athletic skills to play at a high level.

However, being individually talented doesn't mean you are a great or smart player or know how to win.

So most teams look for guys who are either both talented and know how to win, OR guys with less talent but still know how to win.

The Knicks have done the opposite. Isiah find guys that are simply "talented" castoffs of other teams, but they can't mesh their games and are not smart enough to translate that to wins.....

I could be wrong but NONE of the Knicks (except Malik Rose who doesn't play) have either been to a finals or even got close to the finals. That tells you something....
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:59 AM   #17
Phenomenon
Ball Above All

Phenomenon has an OK reputation so far

John Starks, I'm not just questioning the Knicks fans about the high expectations...I simply brought up the draft because it was in New York and I found the trade reaction hilarious. Just shows how desperate those fans have become to have a reliable player in a Knick uniform.

I think many fans in general keep running with the trend that New York are somehow very "talented"...I'm just puzzled as to why some fans think that.
Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:03 AM   #18
Phenomenon
Ball Above All

Phenomenon has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Players can be individually "talented", in that, they can put up the numbers that you need and can compete at a high level. It means you have the scoring and athletic skills to play at a high level.

Oh no doubt, they have individual talent...I mean Crawford, Marbury, Curry & Zach are talented players but they don't mesh well, and they make poor decisions. They don't have a good head coach to teach them fundamental basketball, but they are definitely not among the top ten most talented teams in this league which is the consesus I get from a lot of fans.
Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:09 AM   #19
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon
Oh no doubt, they have individual talent...I mean Crawford, Marbury, Curry & Zach are talented players but they don't mesh well, and they make poor decisions. They don't have a good head coach to teach them fundamental basketball, but they are definitely not among the top ten most talented teams in this league which is the consesus I get from a lot of fans.
exactly. individual knicks are talented, but as a whole you've got some selfish combo guards and low post monsters who step on each other's toes and a bunch of unselfish role players without the talent to carry a team. a couple moves and they might be in position to do something, but as the roster is presently constructed chemistry seems like a pipe-dream.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:14 AM   #20
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool

A bit OT but anyone notice how fat Q-Rich is these days. He needs to get in shape!
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:16 AM   #21
apriorist
High School Starter

apriorist has an OK reputation so far

This looks like a pretty good strategy. Once they got rid of all that dead weight, Bron-Bron would probably be happy to sign considering how pathetic his teammates are. The Knicks have the added appeal of being in a largest market. It's funny to think how good some were saying the Knicks would be this year. I think one basketball pundit on ESPN or something predicted them to go to the ECF.
apriorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:27 AM   #22
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
A bit OT but anyone notice how fat Q-Rich is these days. He needs to get in shape!

Yes, it's disgusting.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:29 AM   #23
InfamousDX
Serious playground baller

InfamousDX has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Yes, it's disgusting.
Yea he came into camp all fat... whilst Jamal at least came in bulked up the right way. I love how whenever Q hits a shot (after missing 5) he does that stupid hand-head motion.....
InfamousDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:30 AM   #24
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
The majority of Knicks fans on here have had the expectation that they would represent the East for the last 5 years. Yeah, it's inconceivable that someone would draw the conclusion that they aren't terribly bright as a whole.

You can have a pass, you are basically the only Knick fan on here that doesn't sound stupid, assuming you are a Knick fan given the name and defense of the fans.

Knicks are as bad on paper as teams like Minny, Seattle, Milwaukee and Philadelphia, you don't see any of their fans talking about titles or at least finals. Hell you don't even see playoffs from them. Hell I didn't think Orlando had a chance in hell at home court and we are way more talented than New York.

R.I.P. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:34 AM   #25
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon

Another reason Knicks get the "talented" label is because of all the guys that could start for them. Think about it...Lee, Balkman, Robinson, Rose, Jeffries, Collins and Jones could also reasonably start and play major minutes. And these guys are all backups...

So its not that Knicks are so talented, its that they are very deep. But of course again, being deep doesn't translate to wins....
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:39 AM   #26
InfamousDX
Serious playground baller

InfamousDX has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Another reason Knicks get the "talented" label is because of all the guys that could start for them. Think about it...Lee, Balkman, Robinson, Rose, Jeffries, Collins and Jones could also reasonably start and play major minutes. And these guys are all backups...

So its not that Knicks are so talented, its that they are very deep. But of course again, being deep doesn't translate to wins....
Having players doesn't always mean they're good either. Malik Rose? Jeffries, Collins, and Jones?? I just don't see it............
InfamousDX is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: