Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 07-26-2006, 07:13 AM   #1
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Pittsnogle?

C's Blog says we're getting Kevin Pittsnogle.
The source is scouts.com that has info I could neither see nor link to, some pay site that I ain't paying. Due to the unofficial nature of it, I'm not putting it in the Mighty Shamrock archive just yet. If we do sign him we're at 16 and so a trade or waiving must take place. Any thoughts?
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:23 AM   #2
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

I cant see him making the team unless there is a trade made before the season.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 02:55 PM   #3
jaypete3413
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jaypete3413 has an OK reputation so far

Is he any good........what is his meaning in life.....I hope Anige has a plan up his sleeve and it better be good.
jaypete3413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 03:05 PM   #4
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I think that he may be sent to the NBDL...can you do that and still have 15 signed or do NBDL also count? I am assuming they don't, like the Raps with Roko who is over in Europe, he doesn't take up an active spot.

I say if Mehmet Okur can be 18/8 in this league, there isn't any reason why Pittsnoggle can't be solid. Similarly Raef LaFrentz and Sam Perkins (back in the day). Solid addition I think.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:16 PM   #5
Snoopy
I brick open layups

Snoopy has an OK reputation so far

pittsnogle was sick in college, but he is a 3-point shooter thru and thru and he would have to seriously work on his rebounding and defense to be an effective player/get any playing time at all in the nba
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:34 PM   #6
celts432
Can barely lace up my sneakers

celts432 has an OK reputation so far

i think we are replacing raef and getting rid of dwayne jones. though i would rather have jones oner snoggle anyday. Jones even though they were garbage minutes was effective with rebounding and shot blocking.Danny's just thinking he will be a cheaper and more effective raef.
celts432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 03:01 AM   #7
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

When I read the InsideHoops rumours page, I though I was reading it wrong. 6-11 and the leader in 3pts.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 07:50 AM   #8
Snoopy
I brick open layups

i think ratliff effectively ended our need for jones rebounding and shot blocking in garbage minutes, pittsnogle should be good for some threes now and then but he wont be as good as raef was in the league for sure
Old 07-27-2006, 02:10 PM   #9
boceltballa
I hit open layups

boceltballa has an OK reputation so far
Default Whoa!

How can you say Pittsnogle will not be as good as Raef ever was in the NBA? Pittsnogle hasn't even had the chance to prove himself yet. I think it will be pretty easy to beat what Raef has done in this league if you look at his overall performance. Raef started off well but never really got it going. I think Pittsnogle will fit into this league. Give him a few seasons and I think Celtics fans will be happy.

I was always a fan of Pittsnogle when he played his basketball at West Virginia. He was one of the better/funner college players to watch. A big man who can make a three like it's nothing, that definitely excites me.

I see more of a future in Pittsnogle than Jones. Jones is far from being a fair offensive player whereas Pittsnogle is a gifted offensive player. Jones is definitely the better defensive player but Pittsnogle isn't that bad defensively, he led his team in blocks last year.
boceltballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:16 PM   #10
Bricklayer
Decent playground baller

Bricklayer has no real reputation yet.

I watched Pittsnogle at the summer league this year. I really like the guy. He has a lot of offensive weapons - not just limited to the 3 pointer. What I really noticed, though, is that the guy HUSTLES and he plays smart team basketball. When others on his team were standing around, he was constantly in motion setting picks for teammates and trying to make things happen. Very quick for a big guy.
Bricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:09 PM   #11
Snoopy
I brick open layups

i dont think he's as good a defensive player as raef was, having said that i guess i need to give him a chance to play, but i wonder how many minutes he will get, and gansey was the better player at west virginia
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: