Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 12:57 PM   #1
deetyme
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default what about bonzi?

do you think the rockets should go after b wells in maybe a sign and trade deal for Sura/Head?
Old 07-26-2006, 02:06 PM   #2
Jazz Rockets all the way
I airball my layups

jvg is far too defensive orientated to take on bonzi, and bonzi cant play defense, plus hed just compete with t-mac for minutes and points and no-one would take bonzis side
Old 07-26-2006, 05:31 PM   #3
deetyme

Default what about bonzi?

wells would fill void at 2 guard position were the rockets lack depth.

Last edited by deetyme : 07-26-2006 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:13 PM   #4
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz Rockets all the way
jvg is far too defensive orientated to take on bonzi, and bonzi cant play defense, plus hed just compete with t-mac for minutes and points and no-one would take bonzis side

I think you're confused.

One of the best things about Bonzi is his defense. He was even 11th in the league last year in SPG.

Last edited by ClutchCityReturns : 07-26-2006 at 06:18 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:28 PM   #5
HTOWNMIKE

Default Bonzi Wells??

What??
Didnt We See What Happened With Kalvin Cato???
Jvg Doesnt Want Potheads On His Team
Old 07-27-2006, 11:08 AM   #6
deetyme

Default somethin to consider

wells gave san antonio hell last yr and he would provide another advantage when matching up with the spurs. like the same we have with t-mac against the mavs. also we could pick up eddie house to bring that scoring punch off the bech we expected to get if we had signed mike james. the rockets are in the toughess division especially with the hornets improving so its important that they be able to compete with the elite in there own division.

Last edited by deetyme : 07-27-2006 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:40 AM   #7
junwin
I hit open 5-footers

i thinik bonzi would bring some depth to houston......and his rebounding ability would be pretty useful
Old 07-28-2006, 04:59 PM   #8
Jazz Rockets all the way
I airball my layups

Quote:
I think you're confused.

One of the best things about Bonzi is his defense. He was even 11th in the league last year in SPG.
ok soz i should have read up a bit more.
but aside from that dont u think other teams need him more than we do?
plus looking at the starting lineup thread we have a few decent guards
Old 07-29-2006, 04:13 PM   #9
myzt52

I would rather keep Luther Head than Bonzi Wells. I wouldn't mind trading Sura. Wells is getting old while Headis young and has lots of potential. Wells also tends to cause a lot of trouble off the court. I wouldnt mind getting Wells, but i wouldnt trade Luther Head to do it.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:03 PM   #10
deetyme

One thing you have to consider yes Head is younger than Wells (who is 29 by the way) but Head is considerably smaller at 6'2". While Wells is 6'5", a proving player, and in the prime of his career like t-mac. And jvg is trying to win now espiacally by awknowledging that the window for them to win the 'ship is b/w 4-5 yrs pending t-mac and yao can stay healthy. Another that would come up is Head is an undersized 2 guard who has trouble running the offense and because of his size most guards can either shoot over him or just post him up (just like they did Wesley). Also, you have to realize they are trying to move away from having guys with potential who never pan out i.e. Eddie Griffin and Stro Swift, so Head might make dramactic strides at improving but he might be as good as he is gonna get. And with Sura there is a strong possibilty that he will retire this year so his contract would be valuable in acquiring Wells or someone like a Troy Murphy. And if you want to talk about Wells demeanor just remember this:

1. When the rockets were getting T-mac, people questioned could he mesh with jvg. Result- T-mac says jvg is the best coach he's had.
2. Traded for Alston, people said that he was a hot head. Result- shows good poise and control, possibly the best move of last yrs off season.

So i believe that Wells would be a good fit w/ the rockets as well as a good third option. And decent security blanket if one of our stars gets injured again.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread