Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 11-24-2007, 06:57 AM   #1
donsanchez306
High School Varsity 12th Man

donsanchez306 has an OK reputation so far
Default ok say we dont get rose beasly mayo gordan .

say we finish somewhat where we always finish like uuuuuhhh duhhhh 13thpick where we gotta trust our boy king to pull some sweet move under sniders nose when he's thinking hockey . who would you want budinger? jordan? or do we package miller/pick deal for a higher pick? i personally want rose ......youtube clips where sick......ppl say mayo's better.....no way we get beasly us quality big man not since barkley who was 6-4 to begin with ...ok and moses malone but when was that 1983 hell i was just born then.

i base this on the past experince with my favorite team since mj left the league(swore off da'bulls after krause killed it) because im from canada and there are no homer ways up here we just pick one.(g'town fan for life seen ivy went with philly when they picked him and suffered in the early years harder than now )

thad young j smith? who knows where that goes? best case iggy and quality white big man (kaman lol) im gonna eat this one day but i'd rather have him than cook cause we are hurting at the bigs

iggy (quality 2nd star.....which sucks because he's our first star)

louis williams whom we should make a starter and play him to develop

korver willie green in the sweetest draft this world has ever seen ( wtf did we do with this pick to begin with? im too lazy to look it up) korver: sniper rifle green: jaming mac 11

speedy gone salmons gone

dalembert we payed him way too much money even though he plays for team canada and i love him for trying. best case here he learns the intaginables like move the feet dont get into foul trouble in the 2nd q. play some quality rotation d ( i really pull for this guy more than i should but he who else do we have?)
donsanchez306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:09 PM   #2
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: ok say we dont get rose beasly mayo gordan .

Hope for lucky lottery like Portland. I'd love to have Rose or Beasley. I like the other two, but those two are guys that are franchise changers to me.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:47 PM   #3
Odenorbust
High school junior varsity star

Odenorbust has an OK reputation so far

we need to lose know. Set that losing attitude. LOSE LOSE LOSE
Odenorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:36 PM   #4
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Some non-top tier players that I like for the 76ers are Kevin Love, Nicolas Batum, Roy Hibbert, and Darrell Arthur.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:26 AM   #5
Ian
Ahh, buck it.

Ian has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
Some non-top tier players that I like for the 76ers are Kevin Love, Nicolas Batum, Roy Hibbert, and Darrell Arthur.
Agreed.

If you guys fall somewhere between say..5-10, you (as in your team owner, coach, etc) should consider Hibbert. Had he come out of college for this draft, there's a good chance he would've went in the lottery. I'm sure of it, actually. With another year of experience under his belt, expect him to go quite early. Probably 8th, 9th, or 10th depending on how well his Senior season goes. He's a beast (7'2) and he has got a lot of talent. Hibbert is one of those centers you can build a team around...with time.

I'd still take Beas, Rose, or Mayo over him any day though. Hell, the Heat could end up with one of those guys if they don't start picking it up.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:40 PM   #6
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

My assessment of Roy Hibbert is this: He has great size, but I don't think he'll be a top-tier center in this league, at least not offensively. I think he's a quality starter that can block shots, get rebounds, and yes, get a few inside points, but I don't see him having that beastlike mentality of a Ben Wallace or a Shaq. He could also be a backup center on a team like Milwaukee (I think he'd get a lot of rebounds and blocks off the bench and would give them great size). He's able to do the little things well, and that makes him an intriguing prospect IMO. I don't see him being a top 5 pick, but anywhere after that we might see him go.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:54 PM   #7
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
My assessment of Roy Hibbert is this: He has great size, but I don't think he'll be a top-tier center in this league, at least not offensively. I think he's a quality starter that can block shots, get rebounds, and yes, get a few inside points, but I don't see him having that beastlike mentality of a Ben Wallace or a Shaq. He could also be a backup center on a team like Milwaukee (I think he'd get a lot of rebounds and blocks off the bench and would give them great size). He's able to do the little things well, and that makes him an intriguing prospect IMO. I don't see him being a top 5 pick, but anywhere after that we might see him go.

Co-sign.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: